the ebola outbreak

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

butterfly712

What are your thoughts about the ebola outbreak?Do you think that there will ever be a cure?I'm scared to death of it.

I

inthewind

I have wondered about Revelations 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

It was hard for me to picture a situation where wild beasts could kill enough of mankind to make a difference. When I read about all of the animals that could carry hemorrhagic fever viruses it makes sense.

B

butterfly712

I have wondered about Revelations 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

It was hard for me to picture a situation where wild beasts could kill enough of mankind to make a difference. When I read about all of the animals that could carry hemorrhagic fever viruses it makes sense.
yes it does make sense.

acesneverwin

Jun 8, 2011
Hardly anything to worry about. 1 person died in the us. Over 30k die of the common cold every year in the US. It's not even really easy to transmit. Blood or bodily fluids... The reason it's scary is cause there's no cure and has high fatality rate... If it was something that could be transmitted like the flu or a cold, then yes I'd be worried. As long as you aren't swapping blood or engaging in sexual activity with an infected person, really no need to be all worked up about it.

People think this is like what will come in the end times and wipe out a third of the world.... I'm sure people thought that during the reign of King Henry when the mysterious sweating sickness was killing everyone off. That was much more contagious and I'd be more concerned when an outbreak of something like that comes around cause stuff like that is passed around like the flu.

Even if it was, we all die someday... hold on tight, brace for the end, I know where I'm going anyway.

May 9, 2012
There was always ebola. The only reason it spread so quickly in West Africa is because they don't trust Westernized medicines nor their own doctors. The sanitary conditions are already unsafe there so the disease will spread quicker. You're more than likely to die of a heart attack worrying over it so much than you are to catch it. The hype from all the media doesn't help the situation either..

B

butterfly712

There was always ebola. The only reason it spread so quickly in West Africa is because they don't trust Westernized medicines nor their own doctors. The sanitary conditions are already unsafe there so the disease will spread quicker. You're more than likely to die of a heart attack worrying over it so much than you are to catch it. The hype from all the media doesn't help the situation either..
That's very true

Jruiz

Dec 13, 2013
are you really comparing the Ebola virus to the common cold? The mortality rate of the common cold is 1% ! And guess what? That 1 % is usually HIV patients and the Elderly. The Ebola virus is at 54-60% mortality rate and in some places 80-90% …The first person in the US to contract the virus died...this is a serious disease...

May 9, 2012
Jruiz, those numbers are skewed. A lot of it is because they don't have the same kind of medicines we do and it doesn't help that some of the communities in Africa are refusing aid from Westernized nations.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
I understand the complications in Africa come into play with their burial rituals. If a people feel that their loved ones must be administered these rituals upon death then it would be difficult to convince them that they must not come in contact with this virus for so many days in order to allow for adequate time for this virus to go dormant, and thus only continue to give the virus a means to continue to thrive.

N

Nicee

There is a cure for it but like always it about money and who deserve to have it or how important the person is.

T

Tintin

The description from the Bible could mean pretty much anything in regards to disease and death. I think the Black Plague from the late Medieval times aligns much more with this passage than does the Ebola virus.

J

JustAnotherUser

I think of it the same as when they had the swine flu outbreak and tried to get everyone vaccinated. I'm still here. I can tell you I'm not the healthiest person alive with or without shots *and I'm surprised I'm still even here.

If I die from it, then... Oh well. Not betting on it, though.

B

butterfly712

There is a cure for it but like always it about money and who deserve to have it or how important the person is.
I agree,yes it is always about money.