THE FERN AND THE BAMBOO.............A MUST READ

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

agrape41

Aug 3, 2011
One day i decided to quit...... i quit my job my relationship,My spirtuality.I wanted to quit my life.i went to the woods to have one last talk with God"God." I said,"Can you give me one good reason not to quit?" His answer surprised me..." look around",He said."Do you see the fern and the banboo?" yes , I replied."went I planted the fern and the bamboo seeds, I took very good care of them. I gave them light,I gave them water." The fern quickly grew from the earth.Its brilliant green covered the floor.Yet nothing come from the bamboo seed.But i did not quit on the bamboo.IN the second year the fern grew more vibrant and plantyful and again nothing came from the bamboo seed.But i did not quit on the bamboo.In the third year there was still nothing from the bamboo seed.But i would not quit.In forth year again there was nothing from the bamboo seed.I would not quit. Then in the fifth year a tiny sprout emerged from the earth.Compared to the fern it was seemingly small and insignificant...But just six months later the bamboo rose to over hundred feel tall..It had spent the five years growing roots..Those roots made it strong and gave it what it needed to surive.I would not give any of my creations a challenge it could not handle..HE said to me," did you know my child that all this time you have been struggling,you have actually been growing roots." I would not quit on the bamboo. I will never quit on you. Dont compare yourself to others.. The bamboo had a different purpose than the fern..Yet they both make the forest beauitful.. Your time will come God said to me. You will rise high!!!"How high should i rise?"i asked."how high will the bamboo rise?"He answered in return,"as high as it can."He said.Give me glory by rising as high as you can.. I left the the forest and brought back this story

He will never give up on you
never reget a day in your life
good days give you happineness
bad days give you experiences
both are essential to life keep going

happiness keep you sweet
trials keep you strong
sorrows keep you human
failures keep you humble
success keep you growing
BUT ONLY GOD KEEPS YOU GOING!!!!!!!!!!!

BillyTheKid

Feb 17, 2009
I have read a lot of threads that are titled "Must read" and most of them really don't excite me in the least bit. When I clicked on yours honestly I thought it would be the same, but I am happy to say it was the complete opposite. It really makes you stop and think about the things that God gives us and the things we go through. Even if the times are hard and the struggles are never ending we know deep down that God has a plan for us and would never leave us. Thank you for reminding me of that. God Bless you. I mean that sincerely. May God bless you in your walk, may he take those roots that you have planted strongly in him and turn them in to something beautiful.

S

sweet_simple84

Hi.. I read this message and Im blessed while I was reading it ,,,thanks for it,,this message is good as encouragement for those people who wants to quit in there life,, and I know one day I can share this message to some of my students here ,,God bless u.

T

Tobby17

Awesome :) :) :)

C

Cabbage

That is truly amazing. It is a very inspiring story. As humans, we get so easily wrapped up in the world and in the things of this life that we forget to remember that God loves us. He is out Creator, therefore, He knows best how to heal us. We forget that He has plans for our lives and that He has this world worked out a lot better than we do. Hold strong to His promises. Love His creation. Forgive and love others.

G

GirlJob

Wow. What a great story. This reminds me of all the things you were giving up on in your life, relationship, job, and spirituality. Amen to God for answering all of these in one good answer. I will take this story and apply it to my life as well. We are lucky to have such a great God. Thanks for sharing. Do you mind if I use this story when speaking to someone who's suicidal? I will not take it as my own, I will always know it came from Agape41. I just see this story as such a great comfort to those who want to give up.

K

keep_on_smiling

This really is truly incredible and inspiring! Thank you for sharing! We have a mighty God and He has a mighty plan for each of us. We just have to remember everything comes in His time. What a blessing it was to read this!