The formerly abused in Heave

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Avestan

Apr 24, 2024
I have a question. So God forgives all and causes blessings to befall both the good and the evil. The formerly Evil and the victims of their crimes? The genocidal military leader and the 1,000s of victims. Are they to be sharing heaven with each other. Will the victims be denied entry if resentment is etched into their souls when the formerly Evil parade around light as a feather?

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I have a question. So God forgives all and causes blessings to befall both the good and the evil. The formerly Evil and the victims of their crimes? The genocidal military leader and the 1,000s of victims. Are they to be sharing heaven with each other. Will the victims be denied entry if resentment is etched into their souls when the formerly Evil parade around light as a feather?
Your premise, as stated, is actually not what the Bible teaches.

1.) God forgives all... but only for those who turn to Christ, and accept him as savior.
2.) Blessing fall on both the good and evil... but only in certain limited ways (such as everyone getting to breathe the free air.)

Context Matters.

God Bless.

Avestan

Apr 24, 2024

1.) God forgives all... but only for those who turn to Christ, and accept him as savior.
2.) Blessing fall on both the good and evil... but only in certain limited ways (such as everyone getting to breathe the free air.)

Context Matters.

God Bless.

Context Matters.

God Bless.

Actually I think the premise and context is perfectly relevant. Lifelong criminals with countless victims are promissed to be forgiven if they merely genuinely repent, change their ways and accept Christ as a kind of second wind. What about the victims of these criminals?

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Actually I think the premise and context is perfectly relevant. Lifelong criminals with countless victims are promissed to be forgiven if they merely genuinely repent, change their ways and accept Christ as a kind of second wind. What about the victims of these criminals?
It sounds to me like you don't understand the basic fundamentals of Christianity.

Perhaps in your profile, where you say you are a christian... you might want to give that an edit?

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023

I heard Dahmer got saved. If that's the case before he got killed, then he's with God right now. It's the same thing with victims, if they got saved before they got killed by some criminal, then they're with God too.

I think when all this is over, the rewards and comforts are going to be so good for everyone saved that it won't even matter what happened in the past.

Revelation 21:4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.

🪔

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
What about the victims?

Avestan

Apr 24, 2024
It sounds to me like you don't understand the basic fundamentals of Christianity.

Perhaps in your profile, where you say you are a christian... you might want to give that an edit?

Perhaps you have a veil over your heart and mind?

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Perhaps you have a veil over your heart and mind?
That is always possible.

But the Christian scripture, with which you seem to have limited acquaintance, is very clear on certain things.

God Bless.

Avestan

Apr 24, 2024
I heard Dahmer got saved. If that's the case before he got killed, then he's with God right now. It's the same thing with victims, if they got saved before they got killed by some criminal, then they're with God too.

I think when all this is over, the rewards and comforts are going to be so good for everyone saved that it won't even matter what happened in the past.

Revelation 21:4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.

🪔
Yes, I hear you. See there, it’s exactly what I am saying. Dahmer gets saved and welcomed into Heaven. Now his victims get their tears and pain wiped away. So they both reach the same condition in Heaven.
It almost seems like the evil sinners get a better deal. My inclination is to not be a sinner. Therefore, I see a disparity.

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
Yes, I hear you. See there, it’s exactly what I am saying. Dahmer gets saved and welcomed into Heaven. Now his victims get their tears and pain wiped away. So they both reach the same condition in Heaven.
It almost seems like the evil sinners get a better deal. My inclination is to not be a sinner. Therefore, I see a disparity.

Did something happen to you to make you see that disparity?

🪔

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
It seems

No, to me it has always been easily discerned. You see the disparity yourself don’t you? It seems clear as anything could ever be.

Actually I don't see any disparity. What am I suppose to see?

🪔

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
Sin is sin whether it is murder or telling a lie.
Genuine Repentance means to turn away from having the same desires that caused one to sin to begin with.
It is true that murderers in prison are stopped being able to be murderers physically, but they can remain murderers if their thoughts are still murderous. But if a murderer truly repents, they stop being and thinking of murderous things.

For the victims, where do many murderers find them at?
Many times they are found in places followers of God would not be at or associate with.
Dahmer met men at gay bars.
Christians do not spend time at gay bars.
Many prostitutes also are drug users.
Christians do not work as prostitutes or use drugs.

But I do believe children as victims have a special place in God's heart. Most children victimized are too young to make adult decisions and remain innocent.

And yes, there have obviously been Christian victims. And in many cases, after the fact, we read where they forgave the ones victimizing them before their death. We could even classify "some" of them as martyrs. Look at the Apostle Paul. He watched the stoning of Stephen and then met Jesus on the Damascus Road. But while Stephen was being stoned to death, he cried out to God to forgive everyone involved. That left an impact upon Paul and he became the greatest Author of the New Testament.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yes, I hear you. See there, it’s exactly what I am saying. Dahmer gets saved and welcomed into Heaven.
Now his victims get their tears and pain wiped away. So they both reach the same condition in Heaven.
That's essentially what the workers hired at the beginning of the day said, too (Matthew 20:1-16).

Hebrews 13:14
:)

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Welcome aboard friend.
You have some great questions there.
Have you tried a different denomination which might have a different interpretation on salvation?
I'd start with that.
But, you should do that only after you've taken a few spelling classes on the English language. ;)

Cheers!

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
What about the victims of these criminals?

It works the same for the victims ----if they have repented and have received Jesus in their hearts by Faith then they are in heaven ---if they have not repented then they have rejected Jesus ----and therefore they will not enter heaven -they have chosen hell ----

Avestan

Apr 24, 2024
Actually I don't see any disparity. What am I suppose to see?

🪔
Evil is evil and good is good. Heaven being good excludes evil. The Devil was cast out of Heaven and down to earth. The Devil is the God of this world. Jesus purchased our souls away from the Devil no p
I’m
Welcome aboard friend.
You have some great questions there.
Have you tried a different denomination which might have a different interpretation on salvation?
I'd start with that.
But, you should do that only after you've taken a few spelling classes on the English language. ;)

Cheers!
Excuse me? Ha! I see, right my phone died. I had not even completed the sentence. I wonder how it sent…. I recall fumbling the phone a bit.

Avestan

Apr 24, 2024
Evil is evil and good is good. Heaven being good excludes evil. The Devil was cast out of Heaven and down to earth. The Devil is the God of this world. Jesus purchased our souls away from the Devil no p
I’m

Excuse me? Ha! I see, right my phone died. I had not even completed the sentence. I wonder how it sent…. I recall fumbling the phone a bit.
Sin is sin whether it is murder or telling a lie.
Genuine Repentance means to turn away from having the same desires that caused one to sin to begin with.
It is true that murderers in prison are stopped being able to be murderers physically, but they can remain murderers if their thoughts are still murderous. But if a murderer truly repents, they stop being and thinking of murderous things.

For the victims, where do many murderers find them at?
Many times they are found in places followers of God would not be at or associate with.
Dahmer met men at gay bars.
Christians do not spend time at gay bars.
Many prostitutes also are drug users.
Christians do not work as prostitutes or use drugs.

But I do believe children as victims have a special place in God's heart. Most children victimized are too young to make adult decisions and remain innocent.

And yes, there have obviously been Christian victims. And in many cases, after the fact, we read where they forgave the ones victimizing them before their death. We could even classify "some" of them as martyrs. Look at the Apostle Paul. He watched the stoning of Stephen and then met Jesus on the Damascus Road. But while Stephen was being stoned to death, he cried out to God to forgive everyone involved. That left an impact upon Paul and he became the greatest Author of the New Testament.
Thanks for you ideas. Now let us remember that Jesus was criticized for eating with tax collectors and mingling with sinners of all sorts. Jesus did say that the little ones will see the face of God. I have not found it in the scripture but I imagine that the most righteous will be allowed physically closer to God and the forgiven evil souls will merely be allowed within Gods vacinity, very distant from Gods presence. Daumier will desperately long to be closer but be denied yet understanding. The victims will be allowed upfront to be directly comforted maybe. Something like that is what I envision. I believe God is forgiving but He is also Just.
I’ve read the scriptures a number of times and I’ve read a lot about sinners being forgiven. I’ve not read many passages that indicate that God is also just. They are probably there but I seem not to currently be aware of them.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Thanks for you ideas. Now let us remember that Jesus was criticized for eating with tax collectors and mingling with sinners of all sorts. Jesus did say that the little ones will see the face of God.
First, welcome to CC. What Jesus said was that their angels see the face of God (Matthew 18:10).

I have not found it in the scripture but I imagine that the most righteous will be allowed physically closer to God and the forgiven evil souls will merely be allowed within Gods vacinity, very distant from Gods presence.
That's a "human justice" model of redemption. You haven't found it in Scripture because it is not there... anywhere.

I’ve read the scriptures a number of times and I’ve read a lot about sinners being forgiven. I’ve not read many passages that indicate that God is also just. They are probably there but I seem not to currently be aware of them.
Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.

Psalm 50:6 And the heavens proclaim his righteousness, for he is a God of justice.

Isaiah 5:16 But the Lord Almighty will be exalted by his justice, and the holy God will be proved holy by his righteous acts.

Isaiah 30:18 Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!

God is indeed just.