The Friendly Loop of Terror

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
^^Thanks, Mr. Nice Guy :) I learned fairly early-on in my career of being female that hearts aren't trophies to be won.

I do have a sort of nagging wonder if remaining friends with someone you aren't interested in "like that" can be a form of leading the person on....like, if you think maybe they're still holding out hope for something more. Hmmmm. I think that's another thread for another day, though. I've crashed this one enough!
If you make it... we will come. :)

C

Catlynn

Well, everything that I was going to say has already been addressed by Jullianna. She's a wise woman, she is. ^_^

Then why am I posting? Because I haven't in a really long time and I actually read through this entire thread which obligates me to say SOMEthing.

So, good luck and God speed, my friend!

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
Since the thread is derailed anyway, and since everyone thinks Nichole is SOOO mature, ;)

I thought I'd point out one more grammatical error! :D :D :D

The girl that refuse to go on a second date with you
My work here is done. :p

niceguyJ

Feb 5, 2011
^^Thanks, Mr. Nice Guy :) I learned fairly early-on in my career of being female that hearts aren't trophies to be won.

I do have a sort of nagging wonder if remaining friends with someone you aren't interested in "like that" can be a form of leading the person on....like, if you think maybe they're still holding out hope for something more. Hmmmm. I think that's another thread for another day, though. I've crashed this one enough!
I learned fairly early on that I wouldn't want a career of being female. :D

That's something to ponder. Even if you make it absolutely clear to someone, it is indeed possible they could still hold onto that hope. However, you wouldn't be leading them on. After all, you made it clear to them it would never be anything more. Hmm. Yeah, I'm sure it could get more complex than that...we humans are great at complicating things.

Last edited:

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
Since the thread is derailed anyway, and since everyone thinks Nichole is SOOO mature, ;)

I thought I'd point out one more grammatical error! :D :D :D

My work here is done. :p
Nice try, Jimmers, but anyone who clicks the little blue arrow on the post you quoted will see that it came from my pre-edited version. :rolleyes:

Sooo.......yeah.......are them apples tasty? :p

One last thing, before Ritter comes in and chases us all out with a bat (sorry, Ritter. You may crash one of my threads sometime): I am going to make that other thread about staying "just friends" as soon as I get time to really ponder the responses I get. :) Thanks, everyone!

Jul 25, 2005
I don't mind a little chaos as long as it leads somewhere interesting.

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
Oh yeah, I was going to say...

Trying to "Get around the Loop" by jumping the gun or arbitrarily asking people out intently seems okay at first but, in the end, there is almost no way it will work. What little time or observation we have to go on is only superficial at best.

There are people that I have interacted with on here for years and I don't know anything about them. Perhaps they know about me, and their knowledge has satisfied whatever urge they would have had to be friends.

So I think the only real answer is to Succomb to the friend Box and claw our way out. Because I value what is genuine and real over what is simply the idea of someone. And when we like someone initially, its usually just the idea of who they are that we find attractive.

Aug 15, 2009
Is there a way to change the context within a friendship? Has anyone ever discovered that the awesome friend they spent hours with is really their romantic counterpart?
Yes, there is a way to change it. Sit down with her privately, look her right in the eye, and tell her the truth. Tell her about what drew you to her in the first place. Tell her of her qualities that you admire. Tell her you willing to start this relationship slowly and not rush anything. Once you completely blow her out of her chair, she will either get up off the floor smiling, or shall cross you out of her friend book. Either way, you've changed it. Besides, what have you got to lose?

There is another way, if you can set it up. Have a get together, or go to where ever most of these friendship girls will be together at the same time. Mingle freely with all of them. Then take note of the green eyed girls with her claws out. Now you know who your potential candidates are.;)