the future is stressful

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

KateMarie999

I know I want a career in the film industry. I have been told by multiple people who read the stories I post online that I should absolutely join it because I have a talent for creating characters. I'm creative, intelligent, and have a good grasp on what makes characters and stories interesting.

I also don't have a college degree and I live in Maryland. And I don't have money. So my future appears to be getting by on jobs that never use my skill set and make me feel like I'd be better off dead.

My prayer request is that God opens doors for me because I am doing my very best but I cannot even begin to come up with a plan. I don't even know what my first step is. I don't even know what the first step is to find the first step. All I know is that I really want a career that uses my natural talents and those fields are so competitive that it's unlikely it will ever happen.

I'm rather emotional about this but making jokes about it is the only way I can avoid feeling like jumping off a cliff with the stress of it all. Please pray!

B

bluebirdchaser

Praying for you, fellow writer.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I know I want a career in the film industry. I have been told by multiple people who read the stories I post online that I should absolutely join it because I have a talent for creating characters. I'm creative, intelligent, and have a good grasp on what makes characters and stories interesting.

I also don't have a college degree and I live in Maryland. And I don't have money. So my future appears to be getting by on jobs that never use my skill set and make me feel like I'd be better off dead.

My prayer request is that God opens doors for me because I am doing my very best but I cannot even begin to come up with a plan. I don't even know what my first step is. I don't even know what the first step is to find the first step. All I know is that I really want a career that uses my natural talents and those fields are so competitive that it's unlikely it will ever happen.

I'm rather emotional about this but making jokes about it is the only way I can avoid feeling like jumping off a cliff with the stress of it all. Please pray!
Prepare a portfolio of your work along with a bio about yourself and submit this to various small independent film companies. Writing is a rough gig. I have submitted many fiction short stories to various publications and only received rejection letters. I put my talents to work in my manufacturing career focusing on business and technical writing but never on a professional level. I wish you well on this endeavor. The important thing is to believe in yourself and keep writing. I highly recommend you take a college course or two in creative writing and other types of writing applications. Don't become a casualty and miss the boat. I admire your enthusiasm.

R

Raine

You should share some of your stuff here too! :)

it it is risky business. When I took tv studio my instructor told me that he believed I could go to national geography and get a job right away. o_O but I knew it was super competitive and turned the other way. Now I am a nurse and I love what I do.

You never know how God is going to use your talent. :). Maybe he is waiting for you to fully trust in him and to surrender everything to him. May you be comforted and at peace knowing that God is watching out for you. Your Father loves you with an immeasurable love.

K

KateMarie999

You should share some of your stuff here too! :)
Where can I share? Erm... I have a link. https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5056266/KateMarie999

Yeah I just need a first step. I don't know or care where God wants me, I just really need to know what to do. There's too much to think about. I can't focus on one thing if I don't know what that one thing is and too many open ended searches makes my brain explode.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
in Jesus there is hope, Lord you come and work in katiemarie's life , so that she will praise you and thank you always for who you are , Amen

KBond

Jun 5, 2013
Matthew 6:33 "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."

Lord, I pray KateMarie999 would continue to seek after You, and You would add many wonderful things to her life. I pray You would show her Your path and add to her righteousness. I pray she would be content at all times like Paul and always use whatever influence You give her to proclaim Your glory. In Christ's Name, Amen.