The giant glass slipper church of Taiwan

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
An ideal place to shoot a new film about Cinderella.

Jun 23, 2015
I keep saying that nothing surprises me anymore ........but I guess its not so true:p

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Looking at the pic it seems huge but the article says 55' high. That's only 2ft taller than a 53ft truck trailer standing on end.
Anyways...

1. There was an old woman who lived in a shoe.
    She had so many children, she didn't know what to do;
    She gave them some broth without any bread;
    Then whipped them all soundly and put them to bed.

Let's hope the women attending don't get any bright ideas.:rolleyes:

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
I wonder who read the article. some quotes from said article, its aparently just a fancy location for weddings, the shoe also ties in with a local story.

But Pan Tsuei-ping, the administration's recreation section manager, told the BBC that the church will not be used for regular services, but pre-wedding photo shoots and wedding ceremonies.

According to officials in the 1960s, a 24-year-old girl surnamed Wang from the impoverished region suffered from Blackfoot disease. Both of her legs had to be amputated, leading to the cancellation of her wedding. She remained unmarried and spent the rest of her life at a church.

The high heel is intended to honour her memory.

"In our planning, we want to make it a blissful, romantic avenue… Every girl imagines how they will look like when they become the bride," Ms Pan told the BBC.

Dec 1, 2014
According to officials in the 1960s, a 24-year-old girl surnamed Wang from the impoverished region suffered from Blackfoot disease. Both of her legs had to be amputated, leading to the cancellation of her wedding. She remained unmarried and spent the rest of her life at a church.
Sorry to be the bad guy once again but the primary focus should be Jesus. The congregation could have named the church library after this poor woman or had a picture of her somewhere in the building, but the structure being as it is places too much emphasis on her. I'm open for correction on my thoughts.

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
Sorry to be the bad guy once again but the primary focus should be Jesus. The congregation could have named the church library after this poor woman or had a picture of her somewhere in the building, but the structure being as it is places too much emphasis on her. I'm open for correction on my thoughts.
There is no congregation, there will be no regular services. it is a church built by local government officials as a tourism attraction and a special place for people to get married in and that is all.