the gift of a calm spirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

carey

I thank God that He has given me a calm spirit! I had to take a break for a while from CC, if you know me from some of my threads, then you know I was pretty aggressive, calling out some churches and teachers, I still have the same belief, but I was going about it in the wrong way, I was sowing discord, and I came to realize I would say things to get a rise out of people or to start an argument, that is not how we're supposed to be, we are to love each other, bear one another's burdens, how can we do that when we start attacking each other and what we believe? I admit, there are some pretty crazy ideas out there, some that truly blow my mind, it's hard to see where all these new "religions" or "cults" get their ideas, especially when the Bible is very clear, there are no hidden interpretations. But instead of attacking their beliefs, as crazy as they might be, share what the Bible says, if they refuse to listen, pray for them, leave the I'm right, your wrong mentality somewhere else, I had to realize it was pride that led me on the attack, I pray if anyone is attacking another's religion or beliefs that you will take a step back and ask yourself why your really doing it, I pray that God will give you His eyes, see people as He sees them. Remember, none of us were born saved, we all had to fall on our knees and invite the Saviour in
God bless

Oct 31, 2011
What a wonderful thread! I really think that no one should ever say what they, as a person thinks on this forum. Each posting needs to be done with prayer, to speak only what God gives them. I have written an entire post and God has said No, that is not the way I want you to say it, just as clearly to me as if God was physically in the room.

Proverbs 17:14 To start a conflict is to release a flood; stop the dispute before it breaks out.

And yet we have people here who teach differently than scripture and attribute it to God. And each of us see darkly, even with listening, study and prayer we can get it wrong and teach wrong, ourselves. So we do need to be careful, both as readers of the posts and writers of posts.

Sep 4, 2012
GOD bless your honest heart.

Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them. Psalms 119:165 (KJV)
Great peace have they that love thy law: and there is no stumbling-block to them. Psalms 119:165 (LXX)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Meditating on something we all know, we are the members of the Body, while the Head is Yeshua, Jesus. When fellowshiping in any assembly, keeping in mind He is the Head, when preaching and teaching is underway, we are able to attest to what is being said by the Holy Spirit if it is from the Head of the Body where the Mouth truly is, or it is a Body member acting out of place, and we may overlook it.
This is by no means a green light for denomination bashing, it is just a spiritual seive of truth given each of us by the Holy Spirit.

Have a good, holy and peaceful time away, and may it be fruitful alway for the glory of Yahweh, God, amen.

Dec 9, 2011
I thank God that He has given me a calm spirit! I had to take a break for a while from CC, if you know me from some of my threads, then you know I was pretty aggressive, calling out some churches and teachers, I still have the same belief, but I was going about it in the wrong way, I was sowing discord, and I came to realize I would say things to get a rise out of people or to start an argument, that is not how we're supposed to be, we are to love each other, bear one another's burdens, how can we do that when we start attacking each other and what we believe? I admit, there are some pretty crazy ideas out there, some that truly blow my mind, it's hard to see where all these new "religions" or "cults" get their ideas, especially when the Bible is very clear, there are no hidden interpretations. But instead of attacking their beliefs, as crazy as they might be, share what the Bible says, if they refuse to listen, pray for them, leave the I'm right, your wrong mentality somewhere else, I had to realize it was pride that led me on the attack, I pray if anyone is attacking another's religion or beliefs that you will take a step back and ask yourself why your really doing it, I pray that God will give you His eyes, see people as He sees them. Remember, none of us were born saved, we all had to fall on our knees and invite the Saviour in
God bless
Hi carey

I'm happy you came back and i hope everything is going well for you.It is a good thing to have a calm spirit(do you mean that as in someone that does not get angry fast).Some of the debates,discussions do get heated and people start name calling and such.

And then when the thread dies out and gets buried..i mean its now on page 2...then i notice that nothing changed....i mean the people that were posting did not accept the valid points that were made,so the the thread topic keeps getting brought up again and again and again.Maybe some one has changed there thinking from what someone has posted.IDK.but i digress...

In my opinion for someone to be able to do right...it would have to be because they recognize that someone really is trying to help them in sincerity.I don't think a human being would help,unless GOD changed them.Anything that we do without being reborn in the spirit (a desire to do it),would just be our own will power.