The gift of Angels

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I have wanted to do a full testamony, but How do you tell a lifetime of love in Jesus in a few words?
So I thought I would from time to time share one of the many stories of his love and those that showed it in my life. Here is another.

The gift of angels.
When I was very young, somewhere around 3 or 4 yrs. I had a very good friend. She was my age and we spent every moment that we could together. It was the kind of friendship that would be life long.
We did everything together, and at age four , we were looking forward to starting kindergarten together that fall.
We constantly made plans that summer.
Because we shared everything , it only made sence that we shared one of the first childhood illnesses as well.
We both came down with the measles at the same time. One didnt have vacinations for this at that time.
We both started to run fevers that night , but had been promised that once the fever had passed that we could recover together.
I woke up on the living room couch the next morning. ( when sick, one was given the honor of staying on the couch).
I woke up later than ussual, fever had broken. My mom had just served me her perfect chicken soup for the sick, when the phone rang.
She picked it up and said hello, then hi to my friends mom by name. Of course I wanted to emeadietly ask if she and I could get together, but the look on my moms face stopped me, as she stepped around the corner wall it seemed like something was pushing down on her. What ever was being said , I knew it had to be bad.
A few minuts passed before she stepped back into the room, she called me over to her saying my friends mom needed to speak to me.
I remember how heavy the phone felt as I took it from her.
Then I said hello.
My friends mom then said she had something very sad to tell me.
She told me that my friend had died that morning.
I remember being still, not knowing what to say or do.
Then I remembered that when people died that they went to heaven, and that Jesus sent angels to get them.
I quickly asked if the angels had come and taken my freind to heaven, my friends mom said yes.
I then asked her if she saw the angels, she again said yes they did.
Now in my mind my friend also must have been on the livingroom couch, as thats where all sick children stayed.
So I then asked if the angels had come through the upstairs cealing and floated down through the stairway.
Her mom told me yes they had.
Did they pick her up from the couch and carry her back up the stairs?
Yes they did, she said.
Floating, right through the cealing, and up to heaven?
They did, she told me.
I asked then, and you saw the angels do all of this?
She said yes I did.
I responded , wow, how lucky you are to have seen the angels come and get her.
She said that she was very lucky to see the angels take her little girl to heaven.
She then said she had to go now, but as soon as I was better that I coud come and see her.
I said goodbye,and hung up the phone.
As the saddness of losing my friend began to become real to me, I felt so very comforted that the angels had come to get her.
I look back on that day now that I have had children, and wonder at the love and courage that my friends mother had. She must have been in terrible pain over the loss of their child.
But yet, she had so much love in her heart , that she still gave more of that love in telling me of my friends death, and the angels that took her to Jesus.
I know that because of her faith she found the streangth to give me the gift that she did.
The story of angels bringing my friend home to Jesus.
I did visit her after I was well, and many times after that. I think we helped each other heal in the loss.
But i will always be greatfull to her for the loving gift of angels that she gave me that day.
Taking what could have been a tramatic event, and making it a story of love in Jesus, and the vision of angels that came with it.
God bless, pickles

M

MonicaR

Aww pickles, this story made me want to cry when i read it. It's beautiful.

Scotty

Feb 10, 2010
Aaaaw! That is so touching..

W

wwjd_kilden

that's beautiful

Q

Quen

such an amazing story, i wouldn't have stopped crying or may have even understood what had happened if i was that young.