The Godhead?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
What's your thoughts on the mystery of it?
It is just that, a mystery. But that is expected when trying to explain how God who is perfect in all things can manifest Himself in 3 different ways but still be one. He is God and in many things we will never understand with our limited space to the material realm, our limited ability to learn, hold, and process information, and limited time to do so before our deaths.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
The Father is the source, Jesus His voice/Word and the Holy Spirit His mind. Something like that I'd say.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

1 Timothy 3:16
:)

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
What's your thoughts on the mystery of it?
Hello Kerosenerag03, I agree with @Roughsoul1991, it is a mystery indeed, one that we may never fully comprehend, even in the age to come, but one that will certainly remain a mystery to us all on this side of the grave.

The fact that we are incapable of fully understanding the nature of the Godhead (at least in this finite state of existence anyway) doesn't mean that what the Bible teaches us about it isn't true.

Quite frankly, I think that many attempts have been made over the millennia to explain the nature of the Godhead (so that we might get closer to actually understanding it), but these attempts have actually made the mystery even more mysterious than it already it (as many continue to teach something, or many things about the Godhead/Trinity that are simply wrong or heretical).

Here's a fun little video from the folks at Lutheran Satire that I've posted here a number of times. It mostly talks about what the Trinity is NOT, and why analogies about the nature of the Godhead most often take us further away from the truth rather than closer to it.

Enjoy :)

~Deut
p.s. - it's short, and there's a funny little blurb that's worth seeing right after the credits too, just FYI.

May 7, 2022
Thanks so much for the thoughts! It truly is a mystery to me as well. All secret things belong to God and He is sovereign. I ask each day for my revelation that He wants me to know. I've heard so many interpretations it can get confusing. I actually count that as God's business and trust Him to guide me to what I need. Thanks again and I love you all!

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
This is a good question for the Bible Study forum; the Introductions forum really isn't the right place. :)