The Gospel Only

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
This is good news as God is still giving humanity an opportunity to get right....

And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

W

wsblind

"What is the gospel itself but a merciful moderation, in which Christ's obedience is esteemed ours, and our sins laid upon him, wherein God, from being a judge, becomes our Father, pardoning our sins and accepting our obedience, though feeble and blemished? We are now brought to heaven under the covenant of grace by a way of love and mercy."

- Richard Sibbes
Gospel only thread. Richard Sibbes quote is not gospel only.

He doesn't accept our "feeble and blemished" obedience. He only accepts Christ's perfect obedience through our faith In His perfect obedience.

The faith he commands from us is not feeble and blemished. It is faith in a PERFECT Savior.

S

Spokenpassage

Gospel only thread. Richard Sibbes quote is not gospel only.

He doesn't accept our "feeble and blemished" obedience. He only accepts Christ's perfect obedience through our faith In His perfect obedience.

The faith he commands from us is not feeble and blemished. It is faith in a PERFECT Savior.
I think you misread this quote.

S

Spokenpassage

"Moses, without any mercy, breaks all bruised reeds, and quenches all smoking flax. For the law requires personal, perpetual and perfect obedience from the heart, and that under a most terrible curse, but gives no strength. It is a severe task master, like Pharaoh's, requiring the whole tale of bricks and yet giving no straw. Christ comes with blessing after blessing, even upon those whom Moses had cursed, and with healing balm for those wounds which Moses had made."

- Richard Sibbes

Feb 24, 2015
Upon that cross I saw my saviour die, His life poured out to heal my shame,
His body sacrificed to forgive my sin and heal the wounds that doom me so,

The Lord of All did all to purchase me by His blood, so forever am I in
His debt, to humbly bow the knee and plead my regret, and yet my King comes
to my side and tells me, your sins are forgiven, arise and walk with me,

Amen I cry, and onward we go into the bright glow of heaven come down
so that men might know this good news of which I now know.

Amen, amen and amen

B

BeyondET

Mark 1:1 NHEB
The beginning of the Good News of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

F

FreeNChrist

"...I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
John 10:10

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Lu 24:5 And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead? 6 He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,
7 Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.
8 And they remembered his words,
9 And returned from the sepulchre, and told all these things unto the eleven, and to all the rest.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

E

eternally-gratefull

Colossians 2:11 - 14

[SUP]11 [/SUP]In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins[SUP][c][/SUP] of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, [SUP]12[/SUP]buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. [SUP]13 [/SUP]And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, [SUP]14[/SUP]having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

Nov 22, 2015
In Christ alone is our redemption.

Romans 3:24 (KJV)
[SUP]24 [/SUP] Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Colossians 1:14 (KJV)
[SUP]14 [/SUP] In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Hebrews 9:12 (NASB)
[SUP]12 [/SUP] and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.

Dec 19, 2009
this thread is ONLY for the Good News!
Good news? Well, since retiring last year I've been helping out with church maintenance. Finally I got keys for our janitor's closet and storage shed out back, so when I'm at the church alone, I can get to the things I need.

Dec 15, 2015
KJVRomans10;9-10 9. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead,thou shalt be saved. 10. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation..

E

eternally-gratefull

1 Corinthians 1:18
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

2 Timothy 1:9
who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,

Dec 12, 2013
In the grace you are, having been saved by faith and that not of yourselves....it is the gift of God, not of works lest any man should boast.

The bolded is directed at the faith that saves! <--the perfect faith of Jesus

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
"Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know. 23 This man was handed over to you by God’s deliberate plan and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross. 24 But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him." Acts 2:22-24

"
36 “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.”
37 When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?”
38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.” Acts 2:26-39