the health gospel..?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Personally, I think you are making a mountain out of my comments in this thread. In my last post I typed, "all people groups have had tribes/groups that acted savagely." Don't twist my words. All people. All people...not just Native Americans.

I am mainly talking about how today, as in the past, we still hear Native Americans being referred to as savages. I don't agree with this. I don't know what is so confusing about this :unsure:

What a hoot! lol :LOL:
It seems YOU brought up this issue, and now you're upset that I"m discussing it.

You are the first person to inject the word "savage" into this thread.

No one in this thread said anything about Native Americans being savages.
That was all you: you injected that idea, as a straw man, yelling that Native Americans were NOT SAVAGES, in a weird defensive way... as if someone had called them savages.
But no one had.
It was all you.
It was kind of weird.
You just felt the need to start defending tribal people from accusations of savagery, for just no reason at all... like it's something you spend all your time thinking about.
It was weird.

No one called them savages... but you.
You brought it up.

So I thought, gosh... this is weird... maybe we should talk about this.

And so here we are.

When you felt compelled to yell, for no reason, completely outside the context of the discussion, that no Native Americans were savages... I immediately thought of Richard Gere taking out a full page ad in the NY Times to claim he wasn't gay.
It was just oddly defensive.
So I thought it would be fun to explore that.

Since we know, historically, that some tribes committed savage atrocities like scalping people... I just wanted to see what you would do with the historical record. Would you say savagery was not savagery?

So far, this is where we seem to be:
1. You brought up the idea of savagery... you are the first person to inject the word.
2. You seem to have admitted that some tribes committed acts of savagery.
3. While admitting that some tribes committed acts of savagery, you vehemently denied that any of them were savages.
4. I find this this all bizarrely contradictory.
5. Oh, and you've also established that I'm a bad guy for talking about this "savagery" topic, even though YOU are the one who brought it up.

Could not be a stranger Saturday chat.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Since we know, historically, that some tribes committed savage atrocities like scalping people...
That was only the tip of the iceberg. Savage torture of captured enemies was common. This is hardly worth commenting on.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
When you felt compelled to yell, for no reason, completely outside the context of the discussion, that no Native Americans were savages
I am pretty sure @CarriePie was not yelling.

People can interject a different topic/ideas into the conversation if they want to, happens all the time.

I hope this clears up your confusion.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
That was only the tip of the iceberg. Savage torture of captured enemies was common. This is hardly worth commenting on.
Exactly.
I thought I was being kind of polite and reserved on this whole issue.

But it's in the past.
No one decent or rational has anything against Native Americans. It's 2024, I thought everyone was in full support of tribal people at this point - I'd certainly be first in line to protect them, or protect their rights, if someone was trying to genuinely harm them.
But in this thread, we were just talking about history.
CarriePie specifically brought up "ancient native americans", in post 38, an historical topic... so that's what I was addressing.

Hopefully everyone will relax, and maybe in the future we'll all get better at discussing touchy subjects... like history.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I am pretty sure @CarriePie was not yelling.

People can interject a different topic/ideas into the conversation if they want to, happens all the time.

I hope this clears up your confusion.

CarriePie is free to inject anything she likes into a thread... just as I'm free to respond.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Hopefully everyone will relax, and maybe in the future we'll all get better at discussing touchy subjects... like history.
History would reveal that the federal government has always betrayed people, rather than served them honestly. No US government ever sat down and said that we have to develop a just and fair plan to address the issue of Native Americans in the United States. Indigenous people did not have the concept of owning land individually (like Whites). But they had possession of the entire North American continent prior to the arrival of colonists. So that should have been taken into account. But to wipe out the buffalo population in order to make Natives dependent on measly government handouts was a crime of major proportions.