The Holy Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

LOLOKGal

Nov 13, 2015
LOLOKGal

It’s amazing how our Holy Bible was compiled, and this must be by divine guidance. Thank you for this priceless information.
Now we call the HOLY BIBLE God’s LOVE LETTER to us. It is hoped He will be glorified by the way we deliberate on His words, so that we can reciprocate His LOVE.

The Holy Bible is divided into OLD TESTAMENT books, written by the prophets; and the NEW TESTAMENT books were written by Christ's Apostles/Disciples. I am using the King James or Authorized Version of 1611. Again, thank you LOLOkGal,
You are most welcome! :) I'm so glad it blesses you.

G

grigoryamitai

To understand this better, you'd have to understand that Jesus and God are one. Jesus said, I and my Father are one. Also, scripture tells us that Jesus was the Word. The plan of salvation happened at the very fall of man. So, being that Jesus was the Word and He and the Father are one, Jesus was in on this plan from the very beginning. We see Him in human form throughout the gospels with human needs, human desires, and human feelings. After experiencing what it is like to be human, He knew the pain that He was getting ready to endure when He was ready to give Himself to us. Even though He had a moment of asking God the Father to take this cup (task) away from Him, He was still willing to go through it. Jesus said that no greater love has no man than this that he lay down his life for another. It is because of God's love for us, both the Father and the Son was willing to go through this sacrifice so that we (God's creation) can, someday, return to what we were in the Garden of Eden and be with Him for all eternity. :)

Am I correct to think that the following verses need to be reconciled to reveal the "God of the Holy Bible"?

In the OLD TESTAMENT:

Isa 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

IN THE NEW TESTAMENT

1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
LOLOKGal

It’s amazing how our Holy Bible was compiled, and this must be by divine guidance. Thank you for this priceless information.
Now we call the HOLY BIBLE God’s LOVE LETTER us. It is hoped He will be glorified by the way we deliberate on His words, so that we can reciprocate His LOVE.
The chart did not cover the whole bible but only the New Testament. The OT books were already well established as Scripture when Jesus was on earth. Jesus and the Apostles often quoted from the 39 books of the OT.

G

grigoryamitai

To understand this better, you'd have to understand that Jesus and God are one. Jesus said, I and my Father are one. Also, scripture tells us that Jesus was the Word. The plan of salvation happened at the very fall of man. So, being that Jesus was the Word and He and the Father are one, Jesus was in on this plan from the very beginning. We see Him in human form throughout the gospels with human needs, human desires, and human feelings. After experiencing what it is like to be human, He knew the pain that He was getting ready to endure when He was ready to give Himself to us. Even though He had a moment of asking God the Father to take this cup (task) away from Him, He was still willing to go through it. Jesus said that no greater love has no man than this that he lay down his life for another. It is because of God's love for us, both the Father and the Son was willing to go through this sacrifice so that we (God's creation) can, someday, return to what we were in the Garden of Eden and be with Him for all eternity. :)

Am I correct to think that the following verses need to be reconciled to reveal the "God of the Holy Bible"?

In the OLD TESTAMENT:

Isa 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

IN THE NEW TESTAMENT

1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
In Isaiah 43:10, The GOD of Abraham Isaac, and Jacob, also called FATHER claims to be the ONLY GOD. Can we not trace JESUS CHRIST from the "testament of salvation" made by the FATHER in the following:

[FONT=&quot]Genesis 17:7 And I will establish my covenant between me [GOD] and thee [Abraham] and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to [/FONT][FONT=&quot]thy seed after thee[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]

For Abraham and his offspring to be CHOSEN of God, the FATHER must be their God. For other nationalities, how can they be CHOSEN of God like Abraham and his sees? This is answered in the following:

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

All professing Christians claim to be of "Christ's", but they cannot agree on WHO Jesus Christ really is.

Is not the "key to being CHOSEN of GOD" is to identify the TRUE CHRIST?

Jul 23, 2015
Revelation of John 10:2
and having in his hand a little book opened. And he placed his right foot on the sea and his left foot on the land,

:smoke: this is how we see the holy book

: : did you know that the original scriptures literally
kept by those people who were incharged by the order of
the ancient holy people ....
though we cannot give a tangible evidences with this proclamation
we consider this things as real for
example how did peter know
it was moises and elias that spoke to christ at the mountain
when moises and elias are almost
a thousand years (more or less to be exact:dontknow) behind
our lord jesus christ birth whithin this reality in the form of a human being

:happy: we are not telling this in order to have an itching ears to you all
my brothers my sisters my fellows my brethrens

:ty:

God bless us all always

G

grigoryamitai

In Isaiah 43:10, The GOD of Abraham Isaac, and Jacob, also called FATHER claims to be the ONLY GOD. Can we not trace JESUS CHRIST from the "testament of salvation" made by the FATHER in the following:

Genesis 17:7 And I will establish my covenant between me [GOD] and thee [Abraham] and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

For Abraham and his offspring to be CHOSEN of God, the FATHER must be their God. For other nationalities, how can they be CHOSEN of God like Abraham and his sees? This is answered in the following:

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

All professing Christians claim to be of "Christ's", but they cannot agree on WHO Jesus Christ really is.

After having found the “way” or manner with which to identify “ourselves” with the “seeds of Abraham” and become "co-heirs of the PROMISE (for salvation) as assured in the following:

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek (for all nationalities) … 29 ... if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Henceforth, let alone GOD show us the “way” tracing the FATHER (also known as the GOD of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob) to the “TRUE CHRIST”.

Some stumbling blocks on the “way” (for we read the following in the OLD TESTAMENT books) TRACING THE “TRUE CHRIST”:

· [FONT=&quot]1 Corinthians 10:4[/FONT][FONT=&quot] And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.[/FONT]

·
[FONT=&quot]John 8:58[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, before Abraham was, I am. [/FONT]

G

grigoryamitai

What really is the NAME of God?

In the OLD TESTAMENT?
In the NEW TESTAMENT?

LOLOKGal

Nov 13, 2015

In the OLD TESTAMENT:

IN THE NEW TESTAMENT

Hello Grigoryamitai :)

Would you please elaborate more on what you're asking? I'm not sure I am following you.

LOLOKGal

Nov 13, 2015

Genesis 17:7 And I will establish my covenant between me [GOD] and thee [Abraham] and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

After having found the “way” or manner with which to identify “ourselves” with the “seeds of Abraham” and become "co-heirs of the PROMISE (for salvation) as assured in the following:

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek (for all nationalities) … 29 ... if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Henceforth, let alone GOD show us the “way” tracing the FATHER (also known as the GOD of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob) to the “TRUE CHRIST”.

Some stumbling blocks on the “way” (for we read the following in the OLD TESTAMENT books) TRACING THE “TRUE CHRIST”:

· 1 Corinthians 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
·
John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, before Abraham was, I am.

In the OLD TESTAMENT?
In the NEW TESTAMENT?
Hey there grigoryamitai! :D

So, if I'm reading all your posts correctly... Are you saying that "WE", as Christians, don't know WHO God is nor do we know who the true Jesus Christ is? If I'm wrong, please correct me.

slave

Mar 20, 2015

In the OLD TESTAMENT?
In the NEW TESTAMENT?
Throughout the Old Testament, God is declared to be a "Compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness." Yet, in the New Testament, God's loving -kindness and mercy are manifested even more fully through the fact that "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." Throughout the Old Testament, we also see God dealing with Israel the same way a loving Father deals with a child. When they willfully sinned against Him and began to worship idols, God would punish them. Yet, each time He would deliver them once they had repented of their idolatry. This is much the same way God deals with Christians in the New Testament. Heb. 12:6 tells us, for example, that "the Lord disciplines those He loves, and He punishes everyone He accepts as a Son." While we might see one aspect of His nature revealed in certain passages of Scripture more than other aspects, God Himself does not change from Old to New Testament.

G

grigoryamitai

Hey there grigoryamitai! :D

So, if I'm reading all your posts correctly... Are you saying that "WE", as Christians, don't know WHO God is nor do we know who the true Jesus Christ is? If I'm wrong, please correct me.
Based on the statement of our Lord Jesus Christ in the following:

[FONT=&quot]John 8:19[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also. [/FONT]

Do I understand correctly that, if we profess to know JESUS CHRIST, then according to HIM we should have known His FATHER also?

Based on statements heard from many, the FATHER, actually the "God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob", the GOD professing to be the ONLY GOD in Isaiah 43:10; they say "He (God) is a mystery incapable of clear identification.

Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Of course, when we say GOD we refer to the "God of the Holy Bible". And, we hear different "identifications of Jesus Christ".

a. Some say, "Jesus Christ is only a man and not God"

b. Others say, "Jesus Christ is only a "mighty or junior God", for the FATHER is the "Almighty God"

c. Still others say, "Jesus Christ is the NAME of the Father and the Holy Spirit, the Oneness doctrine which I can see the warning in Revelation 13:11

d. We claim, "Jesus Christ is both God and man, and He is the 2nd person of the Divine Trinity.

Could the "TRUE CHRIST" be one of the foregoing?
If so, then exempted from the rebuke of our Lord Jesus in JOHN 8:9.

G

grigoryamitai

[FONT=&quot]To all my brethren in this forum, [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is a serious question that might have been overlooked. What really is the “real gospel”? [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Very clear from the following, PAUL the apostle who recognized JESUS CHRIST personally, he revealed the “real GOSPEL”:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2 Corinthians 11:4[/FONT][FONT=&quot] For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Bearing in mind what JESUS CHRIST told the JEWS, He emphasized
HIM should have followed "knowing the FATHER" as well:

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]John 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]May we conclude now that the "real GOSPEL" is to know JESUS CHRIST and the FATHER as well. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]Digging further, this leads us to the FIRST OF ALL THE COMMANDMENTS (from the Old to the New Testament):[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In the NEW TESTAMENT:

Mark 12:28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Mark[/FONT] 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Let us note, only after the "First of all the commandments" did JESUS CHRIST give the GREAT COMMANDMENTS:

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Mark[/FONT] 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Mark[/FONT] 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]IN THE OLD TESTAMENT:

Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel:
The LORD our God is one LORD:
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Deuteronomy[/FONT] 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy migh[/FONT][FONT=&quot]t.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]Brethren

Am I correct that the "real GOSPEL" is the identification of JESUS CHRIST and FATHER GOD?

G

grigoryamitai

To all my brethren in this forum,

This is a serious question that might have been overlooked. What really is the “real gospel”?

Very clear from the following, PAUL the apostle who recognized JESUS CHRIST personally, he revealed the “real GOSPEL”:

2 Corinthians 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Bearing in mind what JESUS CHRIST told the JEWS, He emphasized
HIM should have followed "knowing the FATHER" as well:

John 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

May we conclude now that the "real GOSPEL" is to know JESUS CHRIST and the FATHER as well.
Digging further, this leads to the FIRST OF ALL THE COMMANDMENTS (from the Old to the New Testament):

In the NEW TESTAMENT:

Mark 12:28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
Mark 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear,O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Let us note, only after the "First of all the commandments" did JESUS CHRIST give the GREAT COMMANDMENTS:

Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Mark 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

IN THE OLD TESTAMENT:

Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel:
The LORD our God is one LORD:
Deuteronomy 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Brethren

Am I correct that the "real GOSPEL" is the identification of JESUS CHRIST and FATHER GOD?

LOLOKGal

Nov 13, 2015
Based on the statement of our Lord Jesus Christ in the following:

John 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

Do I understand correctly that, if we profess to know JESUS CHRIST, then according to HIM we should have known His FATHER also?
Jesus was talking to the Pharisees here. The Pharisees had twisted the law and they acted like they were more "righteous" then everyone else. The Pharisees also had the books of the prophets and had read the prophecy of the coming Messiah. The Messiah was standing right there in front of them, but because of their "better-then-thou" attitude, they didn't recognized Him. It's because of this that Jesus said to the Pharisees, "You neither know Me, nor My Father".

Based on statements heard from many, the FATHER, actually the "God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob", the GOD professing to be the ONLY GOD in Isaiah 43:10; they say "He (God) is a mystery incapable of clear identification.

Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Of course, when we say GOD we refer to the "God of the Holy Bible". And, we hear different "identifications of Jesus Christ".

a. Some say, "Jesus Christ is only a man and not God"

b. Others say, "Jesus Christ is only a "mighty or junior God", for the FATHER is the "Almighty God"

c. Still others say, "Jesus Christ is the NAME of the Father and the Holy Spirit, the Oneness doctrine which I can see the warning in Revelation 13:11

d. We claim, "Jesus Christ is both God and man, and He is the 2nd person of the Divine Trinity.

Could the "TRUE CHRIST" be one of the foregoing?
If so, then exempted from the rebuke of our Lord Jesus in JOHN 8:9.
Those that would claim a, b, or c, do not truly know Christ. If you have truly accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, then you would KNOW Him as Jesus Christ, the Messiah. The Holy Spirit will work to reveal Him to you:

These are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words. The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. I Cor 2: 10-14

G

grigoryamitai

Something to think about the WORDS in the Holy Bible:

Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not...
Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

John 14:6 Jesus saith ...I am ... the truth...

Therefore, TRUTH in the word should always be true all the time, "by divine revelation". Of course, this refers to the "intended message" of God.

To take the "letter" of the word in the Holy Bible, it is full of contradictions that many say, "You will go crazy...". And so, this warning:

2 Cor 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Hence, GOD gave the following for our "guidance":

Isa 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
Isa 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
Isa 28:12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest [1st class of people]; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear. [2nd class of people]
Isa 28:13 But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.
[3rd class of people]

(Just as God is ALIVE, so are His "intended message" from His WORDS are "alive"). Something to think about.