The holy spirit, Do we know him?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I was recently lead by god to know the holy spirit, I did not know who he was or who he was for us. i didn't even know that i had encounters with him before until i started this bible study about him. This is what i learned, he is the small whisper in our minds, he is one who deeply cares about us and wants us to know him. he promised that if we allow him into our lives and to talk to him about anything and everything he will give us a wonderful freindship with him,god and jesus as they are one. He promised to show us amazing things we never could have imagined, and he promised if we would trust him and love him he would mold us into a mirror image of christ. Did you know that he is a spirit but he also has feelings? He wants to be best friends with us and loves it when we say good morning or good night to him and He will give us a divine relationship with christ. I always thought of him as the power where we can do miracles and never even really recognized him as god just jesus and the father. But as i am learning of him i am starting to acknolwedge his presence, not a feeling his presence but knowing he is with me and willing to teach me the things i have wanted to know for so long. Like any freindship we will have to work at it and get comfortable with each other, but i feel like this is an amzing step in my life of faith. Like this is something The father has wanted me to do for so long but i wasn't willing to listen, and i promised the holy spirit i would post all he teaches me because everyone should have the wonderful freindship of him. I told him i wanted to shine even when the hard times come and to always even in good or bad have comfort in knowing i am not alone and that he will give me hope even in the darkness.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I admire your thirst and zeal for understanding and knowlege. Just be careful it doesn't run away with you or burn you out. This is a great place for tempering.

A

Ariel82

I was recently lead by god to know the holy spirit, I did not know who he was or who he was for us. i didn't even know that i had encounters with him before until i started this bible study about him. This is what i learned, he is the small whisper in our minds, he is one who deeply cares about us and wants us to know him. he promised that if we allow him into our lives and to talk to him about anything and everything he will give us a wonderful freindship with him,god and jesus as they are one. He promised to show us amazing things we never could have imagined, and he promised if we would trust him and love him he would mold us into a mirror image of christ. Did you know that he is a spirit but he also has feelings? He wants to be best friends with us and loves it when we say good morning or good night to him and He will give us a divine relationship with christ. I always thought of him as the power where we can do miracles and never even really recognized him as god just jesus and the father. But as i am learning of him i am starting to acknolwedge his presence, not a feeling his presence but knowing he is with me and willing to teach me the things i have wanted to know for so long. Like any freindship we will have to work at it and get comfortable with each other, but i feel like this is an amzing step in my life of faith. Like this is something The father has wanted me to do for so long but i wasn't willing to listen, and i promised the holy spirit i would post all he teaches me because everyone should have the wonderful freindship of him. I told him i wanted to shine even when the hard times come and to always even in good or bad have comfort in knowing i am not alone and that he will give me hope even in the darkness.
Thanks so much for posting. I was feeling kind of discouraged today about a lot of things. Your post made me remember that with God anything is possible and that we should listen to His voice and not the voices of people still trapped in the lies of this world.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Thanks so much for posting. I was feeling kind of discouraged today about a lot of things. Your post made me remember that with God anything is possible and that we should listen to His voice and not the voices of people still trapped in the lies of this world.
Your most welcome:D I am sure it was part of god's plan for me to post this and clearly the holy spirit is at work here

Descyple

Jun 7, 2010
Greetings Blain. I too can appreciate your new found knowledge of the importance of the Holy Spirit in your life. For myself, although I've always had a cursory knowledge of the Holy Spirit, it wasn't until earlier this year after doing a study on the Holy Spirit that I learned of the overwhelmingly important role that He is to play in my life, and the lives of all believers.

Three weeks ago I created this YouTube video using quotes I have regarding the Holy Spirit in our lives, which I hope can be a blessing to those who have not yet thought about or grasped His incredibly essential and blessed presence within us.

Note: switch the YouTube player to 1080p in order to read the quotes properly.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKGyFTaMgok[/video]

K

kenisyes

Blain, this is a most stunning tribute to Him, because it is so accurate, so sensitive, and so in your own words. There are many denominations who cannot even begin to talk about The Holy Spirit and who He is; they merely quote a few Scriptures for what He does. Those who have known Him for a lifetime, know that you do not learn what you have written from books, but only from His presence in you.

The miracle of all this is, that anyone can have it. All they have to do is ask. Luke 11:13.

W

webchatter

descyple, is the utube video you posted, quoting Johnathon edwards, the same Johnathan Edwards the millionaire psychic?

W

webchatter

Perfect Blain! Congrats on your new understanding. You should write down your post somewhere else in a journal, as truth, so that in the future u let no one change your description. I have met people who would try. Your faith is secure. Never doubt again!! God Bless.

J

jkalyna

IT IS ACCURATE, NOT MANY HAVE EXPERIENCE WHAT YOU HAVE. YOU ARE RICH INDEED.

Oct 28, 2012
yes... we know exactly who the HOLY SPIRIT is... it's GOD HIMSELF...

Dec 19, 2009
I believe the Holy Spirit is what God is called when he is communicating directly with us. His spirit "touches" our spirits.