The Islamic Problem

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MadParrotWoman

It's true that in Britain we have a problem with Islamic extremists, however it is misleading to suggest it's only a British problem. Today in the news it seems there have been raids in Australia after intelligent sources suggest a public beheading by Islamic extremists was on the cards. In the US there are Islamic extremists among you: Muslim Student Challenges Jewish Professor, He Shuts Her Up On The Spot There are also rumours that American citizens - as well as Brits are among the ISIS group currently murdering western citizens in Iraq.

There is a growing threat in the world today, to call it a British problem is to allow the spread of terrorism to go unnoticed throughout the world. We mustn't be complacent, it is amongst all of us and they breed like rabbits, how long before WE are the minority?

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
It's true that in Britain we have a problem with Islamic extremists, however it is misleading to suggest it's only a British problem. Today in the news it seems there have been raids in Australia after intelligent sources suggest a public beheading by Islamic extremists was on the cards. In the US there are Islamic extremists among you: Muslim Student Challenges Jewish Professor, He Shuts Her Up On The Spot There are also rumours that American citizens - as well as Brits are among the ISIS group currently murdering western citizens in Iraq.

There is a growing threat in the world today, to call it a British problem is to allow the spread of terrorism to go unnoticed throughout the world. We mustn't be complacent, it is amongst all of us and they breed like rabbits, how long before WE are the minority?
Mad Parrot Woman for Prime Minister!

T

TheClimaxWarrior

Just watched the video. That was infuriating. No way I would sponsor such a movement. She cries she will be arrested. That is an exaggeration and a cry wolf exhibitionist to try and convince the world she is a victim of hate. This in my opinion is disgusting. Did she get arrested after saying she would? I don't think so not at all. If a Christian was to announce the love of their GOD JESUS in the Middle East. There will be no arrest but another beheading on the spot perhaps. I'm not exaggerating neither. It's something to take into account that 10/10 times it'll happen.

Over the past few months. I have taken caution when I'm around muslims and even a Mosque.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012

They breed like rabbits?
Perhaps that is the problem with the West, we abort our babies like .... non other.

M

MadParrotWoman

They breed like rabbits?
Perhaps that is the problem with the West, we abort our babies like .... non other.
You make a valid point.

skipp

Mar 6, 2014
I do consider Islam to be one of the biggest dangers that we face in today's world.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012

That link threw up a whole slew of pop-ups saying it detected bugs on my computer (among other things) and that I had to use their program to clean them - then it locked up my browser.

Clicker beware.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
That link threw up a whole slew of pop-ups saying it detected bugs on my computer (among other things) and that I had to use their program to clean them - then it locked up my browser.

Clicker beware.

Rickyz, thanks for the warning about the link.

MPW, you may want to ask a mod to remove that link, because it sounds like it's infected with viruses or something.

M

MadParrotWoman

I have watched the link on a few occasions without any problems or warnings from my anti-virus so not sure what the problem is. \apologies to those who encountered problems.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I'm sure you we'ren't being maliscious. These things get imbedded and I guess my AVG didn't catch it!

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
The only problem with Islam is we are not praying for the salvation of Muslims, and sharing the gospel. Muslims are coming to Christ, and we need to be part of the solution, not the problem.

One of the young men who participated in beheadings was a northern European convert from Calgary, Alberta. Over the weekend, his mother spoke out against how to keep young men in particular from converting. A Muslim man spoke about the disaffected youth of Calgary, and how they are targets for the extremists.

Where were the Christians when that young man, now dead was looking for hope and peace? Probably sitting in their pews on Sunday morning, and business as usual the rest of the week.

God is calling us to put our lives on the line for the lost. God has given me a heart for the Muslim people. I pray he gives each one of you the same heart and love!

“You have heard that it was said, Love your neighbor and hate your enemy. [SUP]44 [/SUP]But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, [SUP]45 [/SUP]so that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. For He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. [SUP]46 [/SUP]For if you love those who love you, what reward will you have? Don’t even the tax collectors do the same? [SUP]47 [/SUP]And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing out of the ordinary? Don’t even the Gentiles do the same? [SUP]48 [/SUP]Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect." Matt. 5:43-48

W

watty

I do consider Islam to be one of the biggest dangers that we face in today's world.
Anything or anyone that does not believe Jesus has come to earth and died already, is a danger, they are the Anti-Jesus.

R

Roamer

I can't speak for other countries, but the Australian government is largely overreacting to and sensationalising out of all proportion the threat Islamic extremism poses to our community. More on that in this thread.

Also, why aren't we more worried about extremist right-wing (mostly white) terrorists? They've killed more Americans since 9/11 than Islamic extremists. If you check out the Global Terrorism Database, you'll see that in the last few years the bulk of terrorist attacks in 'the West' were committed by white Catholics, neo-Nazis and Greek anarchists.

I'm not saying that Islamic extremism isn't a problem - it is, and not just for 'the West', but for moderate Muslims as well. They're killed in far greater numbers than Westerners (and have to deal with the subsequent stereotyping, discrimination and harassment by illogical association). I'm just saying there's no reason for hysteria about being 'overrun' by Islamic extremists. In fact, knee-jerk reactions to the problem only make it worse.