The Jezebel Spirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 15, 2009
Since I wrote this thread about the Jezebel spirit, I have learned many things. I didn't learn anything about the Jezebel spirit itself, because the name is a misnomer. I knew that from the start. I also knew someone would try to steer the thread for personal gain, as if to cover up something.

Is there controlling problems in the church? Yes. But it shouldn't be called the spirit of Jezebel. The Bible calls these things "unclean spirits". That's what they are. One could call it a narcissistic spirit, because it does have narcissistic traits. But to name it by a name such as the Jezebel spirit is wrong.

I said this thread was for educational purposes and it was. Notice what I originally posted:
*Note to readers: This is not a debate thread. Anyone wishing to speak against it can start their own thread. This is for those who are interested in the Jezebel spirit that either want to learn or add their knowledge to it. It is for educational purposes only. This thread is not meant to speak to/against any particular person/group/denomination.
I knew as soon as I posted that part in red that someone would do exactly that. Not one, but two!

I also knew that when I posted that part in blue that the same people would do exactly the opposite.

One was posted called http://christianchat.com/bible-disc...frangipane-dominionist-spiritual-warfare.html which beginning in its first page the author begins to make a lot of statements about John Paul Jackson, the first article I used. I knew he was a false prophet who borrows from other people's material. I also knew he would be the author's target. If you don't believe me, read all of her posts about false prophets before this one was written. This guy's name was never mentioned until I posted it. The author then proceeds to rail the Pentecostal and charismatic movements by only posting on the crazies in these movements. Please review this thread to see if all of this is true.

The other was called http://christianchat.com/bible-disc...stly-charismatic-pentecostal-wof-circles.html . In this one, the author writes that he believes the reason those groups talk the most about it is because they invented it. That's partially true. They did invent the name, and used incorrect Scripture in Revelation chapter 2 about it.

Then he talked about about how women don't have the right to minister by twisting Scriptures about a woman's role as a wife to her husband and that the reason this problem is predominantly in these two movements is because they let women hold positions in the church, which has nothing to do with the real problem.

This thread was also use by his acquaintances to rail the Pentecostal and charismatic movements. Please read this thread to see if this is true also.

I said in purple, This is for those who are interested in the Jezebel spirit that either want to learn or add their knowledge to it.
Here's what we learned:
1. There are people who have an agenda against certain groups. Their own words as well as their attitudes are their testimony to it. It is totally obvious regardless of their arguments to the contrary.
2. There are people who will back nearly any Pentecostal or charismatic person they literally know nothing about just because they are Pentecostal or charismatic. This is unfortunate, because their witness destroys the reputation of the very group they stand for.
3. We need not trust the words of those who are constantly pushing against certain beliefs on a regular basis. If they use condescending phrases, malicious words, and twist Scriptures to make their point, don't listen to them. They cannot be trusted.

Thank you for reading this thread. It's my prayer that your eyes be opened to the truth and that your heart will discern the truth as well.

Your brother in Christ,
Stephen63

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Originally Posted by danschance
When Christians say that a christian can't possibly have a demon, it sounds overly simplistic to me. They often claim the Holy Spirit takes up all the space under your skin and no demon can move in. Or the claim light and darkness can not cohabitate.

The first argument is pure fantasy and the bible does not say that.

The second uses a verse out of context.

The context of this scripture has nothing to do with demon possession. Even more odd is people can in fact and still get "unequally yoked"! So this argument is completely blown out of the water like a cherry bomb strapped to a toy boat tossed into your neighbor's pool.

If darkness can not fellowship with light, then how can the Holy Spirit live inside us sinners? According to the stated argument above, this is also impossible.

The arguments against a Christian being possessed are often shallow, simplistic and/or taking scripture out of context.
Indeed, dc :)

The war is between one's flesh and the Spirit of God.
[h=3]Galatians 5:16-22[/h]New King James Version (NKJV)

[h=3]Walking in the Spirit[/h][SUP]16 [/SUP]I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. [SUP]17 [/SUP]For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. [SUP]18 [/SUP]But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
[SUP]19 [/SUP]Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,[SUP][a][/SUP] fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, [SUP]20 [/SUP]idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, [SUP]21 [/SUP]envy, murders,[SUP][b][/SUP] drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
[SUP]22 [/SUP]But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

So what do you choose to be alive to self or God?
If you choose God then ask God to co-crucify yourself with Christ, making Christ's death in the flesh your death in the flesh and just maybe see the resurrected life of Christ, be now by the death of self your new life in Christ by the resurrected Christ in God's Spirit, you being born again, having received the heart transplant from God.
Is this not what Paul was talking about in Phil 3. Put no confidence in the flesh