The joy of Jesus.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

Oreobarbie

So I really wanna share something with you all while it is still fresh on my mind. Okay so this is lengthy, I may ramble a little but here we go. So today was so bad and good at the same time. It started off great! I watched Joseph Prince. But then things took a wrong turn. My mother and I were talking while reading the Bible and She said "Yeah you know theres always a demon in church." Meaning someone who works for satan will go to churches masquaradeing (sp) as a christian. And I heard that vaguely on the internet before. I decided to google the subject.... HUGE MISTAKE. I started reading all of these ex-satinist testimonies talking about what they did and stuff. I knew I shouldn't read stuff like that but I did anyways. It REALLY corrupted my mind and spirit it made me feel completely depressed and guilty. The depression and guilt lasted all day even though I repented untill finally I prayed and told God if this was punishment that I deserved it and I was sorry. I just really have the issue of thinking if i sin God will be really mad at me and I'll lose my salvation. But i know works isn't what gives you salvation Jesus does. So I asked for guidence and I started reading My Bible and I read about making choices and stuff which spoke to me. BUT the thing that litterally jumped out to me was, "Unless your faith is firm, I cannot make you stay firm. -Isaiah 7:9" And I contemplated in my head like why do i doubt my faith? I know Jesus is the only way. I believe He can only save my soul. Like the Bible says "Indeed how can people what they don't know is going to happen? None of us has the power to prevent our death. There is no escaping that obligation, that dark battle. And in the face of death, wickedness will certainly not rescue the wicked. -Ecclesiastes 8:7-8" Meaning we can't save ourselves only Jesus can so it's like why worry? We have no power to save ourselves. So I just prayed and said "Jesus I give you everything I don't want it anymore. I'm just gonna trust you and put my faith in you." And then I felt so much better!!!! I honestly have so much Joy right now. Praise God! I hope this helps you. I finally understand the Joy of The Gospel. I hope you all have it or get it. :)

S

Strider7

Wonderful! :D

V

VioletReigns

Oh my, my, my what a sweet spirit and tender heart you have, my sister in Christ! How the Lord shines through you! :D What a powerful, wonderful testimony of deliverance and grace in God our Father. Isn't He so faithful and kind, Oreobarbie? I'm glad you found peace quickly and saw that Jesus overcame the battle for our mind. PRAISE GOD!!! \:D/

I remember years ago someone started me on a Christian cassette and book series on demons. When I was so exhausted spiritually and distressed over all the details, I heard Jesus say to me so softly and kindly, "Cast that down and come, learn of Me."

I learned that you can't stare into the face of God and dwell in His holy presence and focus on the devil at the same time. My eyes are set on Him now. Bless you dear sister for sharing that mighty testimony. And bless the Lord for demonstrating the faith of Christ Jesus through you!! AWESOME!!!!

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
I used to read these texts out of curiousity in the past and it really weighed me down whenever I did it... finally I learned people in the occult will purposely attach evil spirits to these pages to attack Christians. Lately I was looking up something on the Watchers and instead of staying only on Biblical sites I landed to one such page, I felt bad afterwards and wanted to slap myself, like dang, I should know better than that.

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
Oreobarbie - Your testimony glorifies Christ. Keep living in such a way and He will use you greatly to reach out to others.

Joi