"The last Adam." — 1 Corinthians 15:45

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
Matt 6:9 . . Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name

I rather suspect that verse isn't talking about the Father's personal tag like
as if He were William, Charles, or Darrel.

Many of God's names in the Old Testament don't identify Him like
somebody's name on a driver's license. His names are more or less
descriptive, i.e. those Old Testament names of God tell us things about Him.

Well; those things about Him amount to sacred information that should be
held in the highest regard. For example:

Gen 1:1 . . In the beginning 'Elohiym created the Heaven and the earth.

That tells us that the cosmos came into existence via intelligent design.
When we buy into that information, we honor the Father's name; which also
tells us that bright men like Carl Sagan, Michio Kaku, and Neal deGrasse
Tyson have thus far committed sacrilege by refusing accept that Gen 1:1 is
true: in effect insinuating that the Father cannot be trusted to tell us the
truth.
_

E

evyaniy

according to researchers, His Name YHVH is all through our dna.

E

evyaniy

if the first syllable of YHVH is YAH as H3050 shows us then how can the last syllable be pronounced Wey? Both syllables end with the Hey? How does Vav Hey become Wey if Yod Hey is YAH?

E

evyaniy

According to BLB YHVH occurs 6519 times. If there is specific meaning in His Name that is written that many times in His Word, it would be important that we understand the meaning and the pronunciation. YAH clearly means Eternal both from other word usage such as haYAH and also from the sound which has no beginning and no end?

VAH meaning Word and Command and verbal expression points to the Son Who is His Word and through Whom He created all things. Replacing the VAH in His Name with Wey removes the "Word" which points to His Son, from His Name.

Please present evidence for Wey if you know of any. Understanding how to pronounce His Name which is written 6519 times in His Word is important. Knowing His Name means Eternal Word pointing to His Son is awesome revelation in His Name.

E

evyaniy

did anyone know His Name means Eternal Word? If so please share how you came to know.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
if the first syllable of YHVH is YAH as H3050 shows us then how can the last syllable be pronounced Wey? Both syllables end with the Hey? How does Vav Hey become Wey if Yod Hey is YAH?
Their are several accents in speaking and reading Hebrew.

If a person from Randolph County would say, "Idun tolt you onst," because I was born there, I know it is written I done told you once. The person is correct but has an accent.

So it is with people around th eworld who learn and do their best to speak Hebrew.

As for anyone' knowledge of Hebrew today, it is imperative to recognize that there is not true exspert on the language for many words and phrases of the Torah, Writings and Prophets are yet tobe trully knownn.

As for knowing all the parts of speech , most coming here do know them, maybe perhaps all co not list them, but they use the with understanding.

E

evyaniy

MisVAH H4687. a word meaning commandments ending in VAH. the Son says misVAH 22 times in Psalm 119 and even in the last verse.

E

evyaniy

the Son is the fulfillment of the commandments because He was obedient in all things including death on the cross to save us from our sins. the VAH in YHVH points to Him the Eternal Word of YAH.

E

evyaniy

Romans 4:24 ..... believe in Him Who raised Yeshua our Adonai from the dead, 25 Who was delivered up for our trespasses, and was raised for our justification.

E

evyaniy

Romans 5:8 But YAH commends His love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Messiah died for us.
9 Much more then, being now justified by His blood, we will be saved from wrath through Him. 10 For if while we were enemies, we were reconciled to YAH through the death of His Son, much more, being reconciled, we will be saved by His life.
11 Not only so, but we also rejoice in YAH through our Adonai Yahshua the Messiah, through Whom we have now received the atonement.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
The First Adam was a type of Christ -----The Second Adam was The true Christ -----and did what the 1st Adam could not do ---------
Wasn't the first Adam the reason we are all in this mess to begin with? He was a king, but not a Christ?

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Wasn't the first Adam the reason we are all in this mess to begin with? He was a king, but not a Christ?
---the Scripture says that Adam was a type of Christ ------

You either believe the Scripture or you don't -------it explains your question ------

Romans 5:14
Amplified Bible
Yet death ruled [over mankind] from Adam to Moses [the Lawgiver], even over those who had not sinned as Adam did. Adam is a type of Him (Christ) who was to come [but in reverse—Adam brought destruction, Christ brought salvation].

This might help you to see the comparison

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
---the Scripture says that Adam was a type of Christ ------

You either believe the Scripture or you don't -------it explains your question ------

Romans 5:14
Amplified Bible
Yet death ruled [over mankind] from Adam to Moses [the Lawgiver], even over those who had not sinned as Adam did. Adam is a type of Him (Christ) who was to come [but in reverse—Adam brought destruction, Christ brought salvation].

This might help you to see the comparison

Okay. I understand what you were saying, but I prefer the way scripture says it. I understand Christ means Messiah, and I wouldn't call Adam that - rather the opposite. But to say Adam was a figure of Him that was to come (who indeed is The Christ) - yes.

Romans 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Jesus Christ was Prophet, Priest and King. I thought in the Old Testament, no one could fulfill all of the offices, as only Jesus could do that. That was part of the reason Saul got into trouble when he (as king) also tried to take on Samuel's role as priest.