The Last Days

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Greenolive

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 2 Timothy 3:1-2

I was wondering, why are people so much different (in character) today compared to about two decades ago; then I remembered bible verses about the last days.

Although we can't do much about wars and other evils, disasters etc. associated with the last days we can check our character. (When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed...Mark 13.7 NIV).

We certainly are close to the last days if we aren't there yet and it's scary. It's scary to think that we may not have eternal life if there's an unforgiven sin lurking somewhere in our hearts when the Lord returns. (Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever. (1 Thessalonians 4:17 NLT)

How can we ensure that we spend eternity with God, if we are still on earth when the rapture happens?

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 2 Timothy 3:1-2

I was wondering, why are people so much different (in character) today compared to about two decades ago; then I remembered bible verses about the last days.

Although we can't do much about wars and other evils, disasters etc. associated with the last days we can check our character. (When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed...Mark 13.7 NIV).

We certainly are close to the last days if we aren't there yet and it's scary. It's scary to think that we may not have eternal life if there's an unforgiven sin lurking somewhere in our hearts when the Lord returns. (Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever. (1 Thessalonians 4:17 NLT)

How can we ensure that we spend eternity with God, if we are still on earth when the rapture happens?
I am not a rapture believer, but I would like to know why is it that many(but not all) of those who accept this theory seem to have become more hostile, and less loving.
I have also noticed that some of the more hostile about the rapture have become more loving. Like people have just done a total 180.

I am just saying that if the rapture is upon us and I really believed it then I wouldnt turn on hyper-jerk mode.

M

MrMalby

Believe God's testimony about His Son and not trust upon our our righteousness perhaps ? If you believe your salvation to be so fragile, how can it be based upon faith ? Simply live a life insofar as it is up to you at peace with the conviction of the Holy Spirit and at peace with the scripture.

I do not know the Lord who first loved me because I was without sin, only the one who loved me as a sinner and paid for my sins, past present and future.

Malby

G

Greenolive

I am not a rapture believer, but I would like to know why is it that many(but not all) of those who accept this theory seem to have become more hostile, and less loving.
I have also noticed that some of the more hostile about the rapture have become more loving. Like people have just done a total 180.

I am just saying that if the rapture is upon us and I really believed it then I wouldnt turn on hyper-jerk mode.
I haven't met any rapture-believer who is hostile, infact this is the first time in quite a while I'm discussing rapture. However, I think 'hostile' may not be the word to describe what you mean, maybe 'passionate' is a more appropriate word. I have heard and read a couple of messages about heaven and hell, some of which I'd kind of term hostile, but again maybe the author of these messages are simply enthusiastic and not really intending hostility or animosity of any sort.

It's not wise to go into hyper-mode of any sort because of the rapture; yet, it's helpful and advisable to be on the alert since anything can happen anytime. The rapture isn't the only way out of here - earth.
Making heaven is one of our main objectives as christians, and if we are to achieve this goal we may have to turn on our red alert mode (not hyper-jerk mode) sometimes e.g. in wrong-doing. (Actually, the Holy Spirit does prompt us when necessary).

W

Widdekind

the word "perilous" derives from the Greek word chalepos, meaning "ferocious", which also appears in the tale of the Demoniac in Matt 8. In Mark 5, the same story is told slightly differently, saying that the "ferocious" Demoniac (Matt 8) was not "tamable" (Mark 5). And, in Luke 8, the same story is told again, adding that the "ferocious" & "un-tamable" Demoniac was possessed by a "Legion" of Demonic Spirits.

Ergo, in the "last days", people will be possessed, by powerful Demonic Spirits, that manipulate their minds, to un-tamable ferociousness. I.e. people will act evilly, because they will be possessed by The Evil One (2 Tim 2). "Spirits of Delusion" (2 Thess 2) will be sent into their skulls, manipulating their minds, so that they act out Pride, Greed, Wrath, Lust, Sloth, Gluttony, Envy, in these "last days" today -- per the "shot call" Prophesies, of God in heaven, through the Christian Apostle Paul, thousands of years ago, in 2 Tim 3.

Simplistically, "their eyes will glow" (making a movie reference).

(Facts, logic, reasoning, or (unscripted, competitive) debate will not be involved, in so much as a single one, of "their" decisions. Not being competitive, they will submit, not resist, "the Undertow Flow".

Not so much as a single sound they speak will make any reasonable rational sense, but nobody will notice, and that will be that.)

May 15, 2013

I just had posted these verses on another post, but I see that it fits in place here. This is how it's going to be at the resurrection.

Daniel 12
2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

Job 19:25-26

25 I know that my redeemer lives,
and that in the end he will stand on the earth.
26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet in my flesh I will see God;

M

MarkIA

Are we really in the last days ?
A bit scary, though .

But the Lord said
".. do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Isaiah 41:10

http://propheciesfordummies.com/end-times-prophecy/

J

josh123

I

Imperfect

Are we really in the last days ?
A bit scary, though .

But the Lord said
".. do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Isaiah 41:10

http://propheciesfordummies.com/end-times-prophecy/
we are most definitely in the last days. for example, christianity is worldwide now. not just in certain parts.

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all the nations; and then shall the end come.

but that does not mean everybody will be christians, or all christians will remain christians. in the end times, there will also be christians that leave the faith.

1 Timothy 4:1
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times, some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils.

i, personally, know a few christians that turned from the faith and started taking heed to scientists, philosophers, etc. and if you ever surf the internet and get on other message boards, or even read articles on yahoo even about scientific beliefs and articles of that nature, you will always run into a former christian turned atheist. or even a "christian" who also shares common beliefs with atheists.

and i cant find the scripture or remember exactly how its worded, but i remember reading this scripture about the last days that stuck with me because it really pertained to today and the lifestyle people live and are buying into through the media... the scripture said something to the effect of, "in the last days, people will be lovers of evil. they will worship evil doers". now dont quote me exactly, but thats about as vivid i remember the scripture being. havnt read it since, havnt found it since.

but if you look at the world, evil is the new normal. the worlds lifestyles are based around evil. people idolize evil people. but of course, the evil that they worship is decorated with glitter and gold to make it look pretty, fun, and harmless. but thats the deception of the devil.

john832

May 31, 2013
i actually welcome it brother, this world is not my home anymore.
might want to rethink that....

Amo 5:18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.

I

Imperfect

might want to rethink that....

Amo 5:18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.
i think hes just saying he cant wait for Jesus and His return and to be able to spend eternity with Him.

im kind of in the same boat. im tired of this world and all the evil and deception in it. evil is nothing to want to live in, but when you live for the Lord, strength is granted through faith. no evil shall break it. im protected as all of you are.

john832

May 31, 2013
i think hes just saying he cant wait for Jesus and His return and to be able to spend eternity with Him.

im kind of in the same boat. im tired of this world and all the evil and deception in it. evil is nothing to want to live in, but when you live for the Lord, strength is granted through faith. no evil shall break it. im protected as all of you are.
Yeah, me too, but knowing what is coming prior to the return is terrifying.

I

Imperfect

Yeah, me too, but knowing what is coming prior to the return is terrifying.
it is the ultimate test of faith. its a gift and a curse. if you withstand all that evil and terror in your faith and be strong and faithful to death, God will reward you with the gift of life.

W

Widdekind

Rev 19 symbolized the conquest of the Roman empire (= Beast) by the Church (= Word-warrior Christ figure) preaching of the Gospel (= sword tongue) in the 4th century AD

Christians endured for several centuries, and then were "rewarded" for their efforts & faith, when Christianity conquered the previously pagan empire

the Millennium = Christian Empire of Constantinople = Byzantium
Millennium ended in 1453 AD w/ Constantinople, the Capitol of Christendom, was conquered

today = End Times = Satan is (supposedly) deceiving people, promising them things, and whatever else, to dupe them into obedience

(not being deceived, is not actually difficult, e.g. don't trust untrustworthinesses, don't believe truth flows forth from deceivers, etc.... flies are caught w/ honey, the truth hurts = wisdom, so on so forth)

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
Rev 19 symbolized the conquest of the Roman empire (= Beast) by the Church (= Word-warrior Christ figure) preaching of the Gospel (= sword tongue) in the 4th century AD

Christians endured for several centuries, and then were "rewarded" for their efforts & faith, when Christianity conquered the previously pagan empire

the Millennium = Christian Empire of Constantinople = Byzantium
Millennium ended in 1453 AD w/ Constantinople, the Capitol of Christendom, was conquered

today = End Times = Satan is (supposedly) deceiving people, promising them things, and whatever else, to dupe them into obedience

(not being deceived, is not actually difficult, e.g. don't trust untrustworthinesses, don't believe truth flows forth from deceivers, etc.... flies are caught w/ honey, the truth hurts = wisdom, so on so forth)
The only problem with the Preterits view is that Jesus hasn't come and set up His kingdom in Zion. The descriptions in Zech 14 have not happened. The Mount of Olives is still in tact.

There are a lot of dual prophesies and similar events in history such as the events of AD 70 compared to the near future events. Jerusalem will come under attack again. There will be another Abomination in the temple and Jerusalem will become desolate as the people will flee to the mountains again.

I was re-reading Joshua and saw so many similarities to his day leading Israel into the promised land as compared to end times prophesy. Joshua had 7 trumpets and a great shout at Jericho. He took the treasure of those defeated. He (through God) used huge hail stones to kill his enemy, the Amorites. There were strange things happening with the sun and moon (they stopped in this instance, and didn't give light in the end times). The 5 kings fled and hid in caves (which sound like the 6th seal). Joshua put the necks of the 5 kings under his feet like the Lord will do to his enemy.

C

Cino

People are taking their eyes off the Lord, and concentrating more of themselves. This is a tool of the Devil in the last days to draw people away from God. This is a prophecy which must be fulfilled. There are more things in the world to be offered than 20 years ago, times change, more immoral things are being accepted, more illegal loopholes, more greed, more materialism, etc. But also, more fear of tomorrow, and less faith in God. If we kept our eyes on the Lord, we would not come into this category.