The Last Trump

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 15, 2013
1. Denial (Not me) Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorders are the only afflictions I know that will allow you to believe that you’re not afflicted at all and to deny it if ever confronted, even if help is being offered to you gently with genuine kindness and concern “Don’t confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up”. Denial is the enemy, it prevents growth of any kind. Denying this issue in your life is the same as if you had cancer and the medical community told you that there was a cure. With that information in mind you just continued along like there was no problem. When all you had to do is to follow a simple process to the best of your ability—just for right now, in this moment—to be free from cancer. Why would you not surrender to the cure? Substance Abuse and/or Behavioral Disorders at this time is your cancer and this is your cure. If you’ll do what it takes, just in this moment, with this Quick Fix process you will be free. Stay out of denial!2. Acceptance (I’m alright) Acceptance is the key to all of our problems today. Acknowledging this is to accept ourselves, our current circumstances and conditions. In order to move on we must first acknowledge the issues, then accept what is. Total acceptance is always accompanied with a sigh of relief as the weight of the world is lifted off your shoulders and you finally realize you’re free to begin again. Acceptance is the key.3. Surrender (I give up) You have now made a decision to relinquish control. To give it back to the universe and all its inhabitants and to let what is, be what it is at any given moment. With this surrender comes a newfound freedom and as long as you continue a self discovery process daily you will remain on top of the proverbial pink cloud. Enjoy letting go!4. Willingness (Positive action) You now have a new found willingness to do whatever it takes to enhance positive change in your life, your situation, the lives of others and in this, your new growth process. The more efforts you put forth then the more profound the growth. The more profound your growth, the more you benefit yourself and the world. Just be willing to be willing and let the universe do its’ thing.5. Depression (Complacency) After a time we once again start to participate in life and we tend to forget from where we came. As we resume our life we find ourselves with more important things to do than what has been required thus far to get us to this point of recovery. As life gets more comfortable and we get more complacent we start to compare ourselves to those that have what we want or think we should have. Reality sets in as to who we are and who we are not, often much to our surprise. The complications of life begin to mount and again we forget what we did to get here. The shit hits the fan! Don’t get discouraged. This is only part of your natural evolution and with the proper action this too will pass (P.A.C.E.). I promise. Remember, it’s easier to act yourself into positive thinking, than to think yourself into positive action.6. More Willingness (Positive action resumes) Being in so much pain at this point you’ll realize you’ve got only two choices. The first is to go back to Substances or Behavioral Disorders hoping to relieve the pain. The second choice is to immediately resume the actions that brought you freedom and comfort when you first started working this process. One’s an option and the other a death sentence. Good luck and don’t forget to seek, ask for, then follow direction.7. Maturity (Self-acceptance) It’s been a long hard road up to this point. Growing up is never easy to do, but it’s starting to pay off. You know more or less who you are. You pretty much know who you want to be when you grow up. You now realize you never have to do this thing called life alone and that you have an active role in the lives of many. Helen Keller once wrote, “Through my greatest handicap I have found my god, my work, and my purpose.” At this point maybe you feel the same way. If not, stay focused on this process and it will come.
The Seven Stages of Human Development

May 2, 2014
1Co_15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

What is the last trumpet?
Hi KLV1611,

If you look at the feast days of the Lord you'll see they correspond to Christ. The Passover, He killed, and on the day of First Fruits He arose. Between these was the feast of unleavened bread. Paul calls Christ our Passover and the First Fruits of the dead. The Holy Spirit came on the day of Pentecost. Looking at the Fall festivals, I believe that Christ was born on Rosh Hashannah, the Jewish New Year and the day of Creation and I believe He will return on Yom Kippor. Having said that we need to look at the Jubilee cycle. The Jews were told, when they went into that land that they were to keep a calender. They were to farm the land for 6 years and on the seventh year they were to leave the land rest. They were to do this for seven cycles, that's seven cycles of seven years for a total of 49 years. The fiftieth year was to be the Jubilee year, it was a year release, all debts were canceled, any land sold reverted back to the original owner, slaves were set free, etc. Rosh Hashanah is also the feast of trumpets so the trumpets sounded on Rosh Hashannah. However, on this fiftieth or Jubilee year on Yom Kippor there was a trumpet sounded, it was the only time that the trumpet sounded on Yom Kippor. The other 49 times Yom Kippor came around there was no trumpet sounded. This trumpet that was sounded on Yom Kippor was the last trumpet in the cycle that they followed. I believe this is what Paul is referring to when he says "at the last trump." We know from Scripture that following Christ's return is the marriage supper of the Lamb. Following Yom Kippor is Sukkot, the Feast of Tabernacles, which is a week long celebration, this fits nicely as the marriage supper of the Lamb.

I hope this helps.

P

pottersclay

​Donald.....right?

DP

Banned
Sep 27, 2015
All one need do to know what the "last trump" is about is simply read and heed what Paul said.

1 Cor 15:51-52
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
KJV

The main subject Paul was covering in 1 Cor.15 is the resurrection, and with what kind of body it comes. That's the same subject he was covering in 1 Thess.4.

Per Jesus in John 5:28-29, both the "resurrection of life" and the "resurrection of damnation" occur on that final day of this world.

J

JesusIsAll

1Co_15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

What is the last trumpet?

Because Paul, in 1 Cor. 15:52 and 1 Thes 4:16, said believers would be raptured at the sounding of a trump, many folks have tried to make it appear that the rapture trumps are the same trumpets found in Revelation 11:15-18, Joel 2:1, and Mat 24:31--which all occur during the tribulation.

When you have trumpets commonly used throughout the Bible, I think it's foolish to just assume any two of the 62 trumps or trumpets are prophetically related. To be able to make the claim that the tribulation trumpet soundings are the same as the rapture trumps, you would need a direct statement saying this is the case.

In the movies Ben-Hur and The Wizard of Oz, I recall hearing the sounding of trumpets. Are both these trumpets somehow prophetically related?

If your friend John said he went to his favorite restaurant last night, and another friend Larry said he also went to his favorite restaurant last night, is it logical for you to assume they both went to the same restaurant? Obviously not, because even though John and Larry went to their favorite restaurants, they may have had two different eating establishments in mind. The same logic should apply with the word trumpet.

With such a blind devotion to this one similarity, I have to wonder if these last-tumpeters are able to distinguish the difference between Tylenol and Exlax. They're both over-the-counter drugs, they come in pill form, and they can also be found in a medicine cabinet. Of course, one will make your headache disappear and the other will make your toilet paper disappear.

Pre-wrath proponents say that the Seventh Trumpet blown in Rev 11:15-18 is the same last trump Paul spoke of in 1 Cor 15:52. However, they fail to take into account the fact that John wrote Revelation 40 years after Paul wrote his first epistle to the Corinthians. How could Paul refer to something that was not yet revealed?

Post-tribbers use a trumpet sounding in Joel 2:1 as evidence for a post-trib rapture on the Day of the Lord. I have three problems with Joel 2:1:

1. Joel clearly says that the purpose for blowing the trumpet is to "sound an alarm."
2. According to 1 Cor 15:52, the rapture is something that occurs in the twinkling of an eye. Joel 2:1 says the Day of the Lord is nigh at hand. In order for Joel's trumpet to be the same one in 1 Cor. there would have to be a time delay between the sounding of the trumpet and the rapture of the Church.
3. The fact that there is another trumpet being sounded in Joel 2:15 further clouds the possibility that these trumpets could have anything to do with the rapture.

When Paul was writing to the Corinthians, he specifically said "the" last trump. During the Feast of Trumpets, the Jews blow short trumpet blasts. They end the feast with a long blast from what is called the last trump, which is blown the longest. Judaism has traditionally connected this last trump with the resurrection of the dead. Paul also made the connection. For many Christians, the association between the rapture and the Feast of Trumpets is so strong, they look for the rapture to someday occur on this feast.

Source Article

DP

Banned
Sep 27, 2015
Apostle Paul was specifically covering the subject of the resurrection in 1 Cor.15 where he applied the "last trump" idea. It's the same subject and timing that he was covering in 1 Thess.4 about the resurrection with Jesus coming with bringing the 'asleep' saints with Him from Heaven, and the saints on earth being "caught up" to Jesus on that day.

Those who try to split that singular event related by Paul in both 1 Thess.4 and 1 Cor.15, as if it occurs in two separate stages of time, truly are... making a Wizard of Oz type fable.