The Light of the World !

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 11, 2015
When Jesus said 'I am the light of the world' many if not most imho do not seem to have grasped or accepted that He meant this literally and not just in a spiritual sense - as the light of the world He is also the colour in our world and the painter of the fruits and flowers and all the colour in this world of ours - Einstein stated, it seems, that he had no idea what light was or where it came from and that he would spend the rest of his life trying to find out but alas it also seems he never did find out - for our enchantment, enlightenment and edification God threw His rainbow across the sky - Jesus was the light of the world before even the sun on the fourth day and will still be the light of the world after the sun has died away - wincam

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Light means understanding and truth compared to confusion and lies.
The Christian is not a pantheist or a panentheist.

Apr 11, 2015
Light means understanding and truth compared to confusion and lies.
The Christian is not a pantheist or a panentheist.
The Lamb of God interesting - see Rev.21:23 & 22:5 - wincam

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
He's baaaaack;b lol i'm sorry i'm in such a silly mood todayXD

M

Miri

I tend to think of Jesus as being everything good in this world, joy, peace, laughter, good deeds, patience, sinless, illuminating the state of man and the need for a saviour, beauty etc etc.

Ages ago I remember hearing someone talking about hell and why is was such an awful place with wailing and gnashing of teeth etc. it stuck in my mind when he said it was an awful place as there would be no light (as in all of the above).

Without Jesus there is no light, we are all lost and condemned to living in darkness both in this life and even more so in the next. What an awful position to be in. At least in this life unsaved people can still experience the light of Jesus by default, the whole of creation points to him, but what will become of them in the next when even that is all removed.