The Listeners Room

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

acesneverwin

Jun 8, 2011
I know adding rooms seems pretty pointless as it's usually the same small few used over and over but I always thought it would be cool to have a room like this. I guess the prayer room could almost work for this type of stuff but tends to be "what do you need prayer for?" It doesn't really suggest, hey these people will listen to whatever struggles you're going through.

There's a website called 7 Cups of Tea where basically they have people who are willing to listen to some random person talk about whatever they need to get off their chest without feeling judged etc. It's not a Christian oriented site though and doesn't really allow voice chat like this one.

Many times when there is a single person in like the prayer room, you can get a really good conversation going and they're really allowed to open up and express whatever hurt or struggle. And sometimes just talking and hearing the voice of another person is all they need at the moment.

I've seen it happen many times but I think if there was a room specifically for this type of thing, when you go into this room you know this person either wants to talk about something, or is willing to listen to whatever you have on your chest. Prayer room is close but with complex issues or struggles, they seem to be a lot more shy as it's not really prayer they're looking for even though they may need it as well. There isn't really a room that really suggests "hey if you need someone to listen to you and are having a hard time, here is the place to share and the people here are either willing to listen or having troubles of their own".