THE LORD’S PASSOVER?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
Jesus is not what we think of as a human being getting married and having
a baby. Mary is like a surrogate

Luke 1:32 . .The Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father
David.

Before Jesus could be considered for David's throne, he first had to be
among David's biological descendants; no exceptions.

Ps 89:35-36 . . Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto
David. His seed shall endure forever, and his throne as the sun before me.

Ps 132:11 . .The Lord has sworn in truth unto David; and He will not turn
from it: "Of the fruit of your body will I set upon your throne"

The New Testament verifies that Jesus satisfies the biological requirement.

Acts 2:29-30 . . Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the
patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulcher is with us
unto this day. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn
with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he
would raise up Christ to sit on his throne.

Rom 1:1-3 . . Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David
according to the flesh

The Greek word for "seed" is a mite ambiguous because it can refer to spiritual
progeny as well as to biological progeny; for example:

Gal 3:29 . . If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed.

Abraham's seed obviously refers to spiritual progeny; whereas David's seed
refers to biological progeny because his is 1) the fruit of his body and 2) of
his loins according to the flesh.

So: in order for Jesus to be one of David's biological descendants, it was
necessary that David be somehow involved in Mary's pregnancy. The
obvious is simply that Mary's father was biologically related to David; and
thru him she became instrumental in producing the king a successor in
accord with Ps 89:35-36 and Ps 132:11.
_

soberxp

May 3, 2018

Luke 1:32 . .The Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father
David.

Before Jesus could be considered for David's throne, he first had to be
among David's biological descendants; no exceptions.

Ps 89:35-36 . . Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto
David. His seed shall endure forever, and his throne as the sun before me.

Ps 132:11 . .The Lord has sworn in truth unto David; and He will not turn
from it: "Of the fruit of your body will I set upon your throne"

The New Testament verifies that Jesus satisfies the biological requirement.

Acts 2:29-30 . . Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the
patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulcher is with us
unto this day. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn
with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he
would raise up Christ to sit on his throne.

Rom 1:1-3 . . Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David
according to the flesh

The Greek word for "seed" is a mite ambiguous because it can refer to spiritual
progeny as well as to biological progeny; for example:

Gal 3:29 . . If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed.

Abraham's seed obviously refers to spiritual progeny; whereas David's seed
refers to biological progeny because his is 1) the fruit of his body and 2) of
his loins according to the flesh.

So: in order for Jesus to be one of David's biological descendants, it was
necessary that David be somehow involved in Mary's pregnancy. The
obvious is simply that Mary's father was biologically related to David; and
thru him she became instrumental in producing the king a successor in
accord with Ps 89:35-36 and Ps 132:11.
_
Abraham's seed, which is spiritual seed.

First there was the Adam of flesh and then there was the spiritual Adam.

1 Corinthians 15:46
Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

Matthew1:20
But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
FAQ: From whence did baby Jesus obtain a Y chromosome for his male
gender?

REPLY: In the beginning, Eve's entire body-- inside and out, front to back,
top to bottom, and side to side --was constructed with material taken from
Adam's body. (Gen 2:21-22) So if God could construct an entire woman
from material taken from a man's body, then it shouldn't be too difficult for
Him to construct a teensy little chromosome from a woman's body.

The beauty of it is that a Y chromosome constructed with material taken
from Mary's body wouldn't be an alien substance created ex nihilo; but
would be 100% natural.

I sincerely believe that what I suggest herein actually took place when the
power of the Most High overshadowed Jesus' mom per Luke 1:35; and if my
suggestion is true, then Mary's little boy was thoroughly a Jew-- biologically
descended not only from David but especially from Abraham the same as all
other Jews.

Heb 2:17 . . He had to be made like his brethren in every way
_

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
To the conscientious Christians I strongly recommend copying posts No.61
and No.63 and pasting them into a word processing file to be kept on hand
because there are lots more like soberxp out there, and if you stay active on
internet forums long enough you're sure to encounter them from time to
time.
_

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Jesus is the biological son of Mary and Joseph who were both sired by Alexander Helios AKA Heli by different mothers, just as Isaac who was born of God's promise according to the workings of the Holy Spirit was the biological son of Abraham and His half-sister Sarah who were both sired by Terah from different mothers. Joseph the son of Heli, a descendant of Nathan the son of David should not be confused with Joseph the son of Jacob, who promised to marry the already pregnant Mary and who was a descendant of David through the cursed line of Jehoiachin of who it is said in Jeremiah 23, 30; “This man is condemned to lose his children, to be a man who will never succeed. He will have no descendants who will rule in Judah as David's successors. I, the LORD, have spoken.”

Jesus was a descendant of king David and like all human beings was born of the seed of Adam and had inherited the penalty of death as all humans do, but thanks to our Lord God and saviour he was risen from death as the first fruits to be harvested from the body of mankind.

Jesus, was resurrected on the first day after the weekly Sabbath that followed the Passover, which is the festival of “First Fruits,” (PLURAL.) He was the first of many brothers and sisters, who are to be conformed to the glorious image of God’s only begotten Son, who is the Spirit, that according to our concept of one direction linear time, is still currently developing within the androgynous body of mankind, and who pays the penalty for the sins of the body in which he develops.

For just as mankind had developed within the bodies of our animal ancestors, 'The Son of Man' is the spirit that is developing within the great pregnant androgynous body of EVE who has become the body of mankind, and the umbilical cord that binds him to his sinful mother body will be severed after the great seventh day Sabbath of one thousand years, when heavenly fire will descend and incinerate all physical life forms on this planet as revealed through the prophet Zephaniah.

Zephaniah 1; 2-3; The LORD said, “I am going to destroy everything on earth, all human beings and animals, birds and fish. I will bring about the downfall of the wicked. I will destroy the whole human race, and no survivors will be left. I, the LORD, have spoken.

Verse 18; On the day when the LORD shows his fury, not even all their silver and gold will save them. The whole earth will be destroyed by the fire of his anger. He will put an end — a sudden end — to everyone who lives on earth.

It is then that the great androgynous body of EVE is reunited with her Lord. And as we are all held accountable for the sins and mistakes we made in the flesh, so too the son of God's promise who is to crush the head of Satan holds himself accountable for the sin of the flesh in which he developed and it is HE, who says to GOD, “You do not want sacrifices and offerings, but you have prepared a body for me. (That body was the man JESUS) You are not pleased with animals burnt whole on the altar or with sacrifices to take away sins. Then I said, ‘Here I am, to do your will, O God, just as it is written of me in the book of the Law.’ ”

It is HE to whom Benjamin refers in his last Testament to his children, where speaks of '' He who descends from his high point in time and enters the first temple [Jesus] where He is treated with outrage and hung upon a tree, and when the veil that temple is torn, the spirit of God shall be poured forth as fire upon the Gentiles.

It is He who abandons his servant Jesus on the cross as he cried out, ''My God, my God why have you abandoned me.'' as he ceased to be a living entity by releasing all the righteous spirits on which he had evolved in his ascent to the heights of time, and three days later those saints with Jesus as their head came out of their graves and went into the city and revealed themselves as the risen Christ.
i got exactly this far

“Jesus is the biological son of Mary and Joseph”

that’s absolutely not true jesus was born of a virgin

“Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭7:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

This is something that sets Jesus apart from every man he has no “biological “ father he was. One of the womb of a virgin by the power of Gods word to bring to pass what he said

“Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily.

But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, And they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: and knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭1:18-25‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Jesus created the world and everything in it he is the biological son of no man he is the eternal son of God the first and the last the aloha and omega the beginning and the end

“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭9:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

notice his name isn’t just one aspect not “ just the everlasting father “ not “ just the prince of peace “ not just the mighty God “

because in Jesus is where you have the fulness of God standing in front of you

“For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭2:9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

when you call the name of the father the son and the Holy Ghost the name is one name the name of our Lord Jesus Christ who is the fullness of God expressed completely to us

“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:38‬

“When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭19:5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭8:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Jesus before he was known

“In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Jesus after he came into the world and revealed his name

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

In him was life; and the life was the light of men. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:1, 3-4, 9-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

An apostles witness of Jesus the creator now manifest to the church

“Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: and he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭1:15-18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I’m sorry but I couldn’t get past the Jesus vein a biological son of David when the gospel depends on Jesus being born of a virgin unless the Bible is wrong and your explaining the real truth Jesus was born of a virgin and has no earthly biological father

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
FAQ: From whence did baby Jesus obtain a Y chromosome for his male
gender?

REPLY: In the beginning, Eve's entire body-- inside and out, front to back,
top to bottom, and side to side --was constructed with material taken from
Adam's body. (Gen 2:21-22) So if God could construct an entire woman
from material taken from a man's body, then it shouldn't be too difficult for
Him to construct a teensy little chromosome from a woman's body.

The beauty of it is that a Y chromosome constructed with material taken
from Mary's body wouldn't be an alien substance created ex nihilo; but
would be 100% natural.

I sincerely believe that what I suggest herein actually took place when the
power of the Most High overshadowed Jesus' mom per Luke 1:35; and if my
suggestion is true, then Mary's little boy was thoroughly a Jew-- biologically
descended not only from David but especially from Abraham the same as all
other Jews.

Heb 2:17 . . He had to be made like his brethren in every way
_
where did light come from when there was only darkness ?

God speaks creation Jesus was born because God said he would be born

“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

The Lord sent a word into Jacob, and it hath lighted upon Israel.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭9:6-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

when God says something the result is sure

“And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

At he old testement explained well that a son would be born of a virgin , the messiah who would be God manifest in the flesh

because God said it would happen it came to pass

let there be light and it was so

let there be a messiah born of a virgin , and when the time had come it was so

it’s the whole reason the prophets foretell the gospel what God said first always comes to pass after he said it

this principle

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭42:8-9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

This is God telling us beforehand what’s going to happen seven hundred years before Jesus is born of Mary

“Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.”

God declared something that’s why and how it happened and why when it happens the scriptire calls us back to remember that word of God in the prophets

“Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, And they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭1:22-23‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The gospel comes solely from God promises and love for mankind he spoke it all into existence and when God speaks his words have to be fulfilled

When he said a son would be born the science of chromosomes and cell structure and man’s way of breeding all
Becomes irrelevant

God speaks and worlds rise up he speaks and a donkey talks , he speaks and the sun is stayed in the sky , he speaks and a dead man lives , he speaks and diseases flee and hide evil spirits beg and plead

God said Jesus would be born of a virgin is the cause and answer God said it and it is so

Feb 5, 2023

“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

At he old testement explained well that a son would be born of a virgin , the messiah who would be God manifest in the flesh

it’s the whole reason the prophets foretell the gospel what God said first always comes to pass after he said it

this principle

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.”

This is God telling us beforehand what’s going to happen seven hundred years before Jesus is born of Mary

God declared something that’s why and how it happened and why when it happens the scriptire calls us back to remember that word of God in the prophets

“Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, And they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.”

The gospel comes solely from God promises and love for mankind he spoke it all into existence and when God speaks his words have to be fulfilled

When he said a son would be born the science of chromosomes and cell structure and man’s way of breeding all
Becomes irrelevant

God speaks and worlds rise up he speaks and a donkey talks , he speaks and the sun is stayed in the sky , he speaks and a dead man lives , he speaks and diseases flee and hide evil spirits beg and plead

God said Jesus would be born of a virgin is the cause and answer God said it and it is so

The Hebrew has a specific term for ‘Virgin’ and that word is ‘Bethulah,’ which word is used in the Old Testament whenever a woman, who has never had any sexual contact with a man, is being referred too, but Isaiah does not use the word ‘Bethulah’ in the famous passage ‘Isaiah 7: 14,’ instead he uses the Hebrew ‘almah’ which refers to any woman of marriageable age, irrelevant as to her sexual status.

The Greek language did not have a specific word for virgin. The Greek ‘Parthenos’ refers to any youth, male or female, of marriageable age, irrelevant as to their sexual status, and denotes ‘virgin’ only by implication.

The young 13 years old unmarried Mary, was a ‘Parthenos,’ a young unmarried woman, who told the Messenger of God that she had never had sexual contact with a man, thereby implying that she was still, at that point in time, a virgin, but three months later, after returning from her visit with her pregnant aunty Elizabeth, she too was found to be pregnant.

“The Greek word Parthenos (παρθένος) is ambiguous but the Hebrew term “Almah” [Unmarried Female] is absolute, and is erroneously translated from Isaiah 7: 14, to English in Matthew 1:23; as “virgin,” whereas according to Young’s Analytical Concordance to the Bible, the Hebrew term “almah,” carries the meaning, (Concealment---unmarried female.)”

Isaiah 7: 14; Jewish Translation: “Therefore the Lord, of his own, shall give you a sign; behold the ‘YOUNG WOMAN’ is with child, and she shall bear a son and she shall call his name Immanuel.”

An ‘almah’ can still be a virgin, but there is no way on this god’s earth that a young woman who is ‘WITH CHILD’ can still be a ‘virgin.’ There are of course those who would argue that an unmarried woman could be artificially inseminated without breaking her Hymen, and the male child that formed in her womb could be delivered by Caesarean Section, and the young woman would then remain a ‘virgin,’ but the child would be the biological son of the sperm donor, and not some miraculously born ‘Son of God.’

Isaiah 7: 14; Erroneous KJV Translation; “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: behold the ‘Virgin’ shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Emmanuel.”

In 1973, an ecumenical edition of RSV was approved by both Protestant and Catholic hierarchies, called the common bible. A New English Translation of the Bible, published in 1970 and approved by the council of churches in England, Scotland, Wales, the Irish council of churches, the London Society of Friends, and the Methodist and Presbyterian churches of England, all translate Isaiah 7: 14; “A young Woman is with child, and she will bear a son.”

Also, The Good News Bible, Catholic Study Edition, with imprimatur by Archbishop John Whealon reads, Isaiah 7: 14; “A young woman who is pregnant will have a son, etc.” As these religious bodies all now accept that Isaiah was not referring to a virgin in that famous passage, they must now accept that the authors of the Septuagint and the translators of the Gospel of Matthew from the Hebrew to Greek, who were forced to use the Greek term “Parthenos” in reference to Isaiah’s prophecy, were in no way implying that the pregnant Mary, was still a virgin.

Knowing now that the prophet Isaiah never did say that a virgin would conceive and bear a son, but that an unmarried young woman who is pregnant etc, etc.

Matthew 1: 22-23; should now read; ‘Now all this happened to make come true what the Lord had said through the prophet [Isaiah],’ “An unmarried woman/Almah who is pregnant will bear a son and he will be called immanuel: (“which means God is with us.”)

Jun 5, 2020

The Hebrew has a specific term for ‘Virgin’ and that word is ‘Bethulah,’ which word is used in the Old Testament whenever a woman, who has never had any sexual contact with a man, is being referred too, but Isaiah does not use the word ‘Bethulah’ in the famous passage ‘Isaiah 7: 14,’ instead he uses the Hebrew ‘almah’ which refers to any woman of marriageable age, irrelevant as to her sexual status.

The Greek language did not have a specific word for virgin. The Greek ‘Parthenos’ refers to any youth, male or female, of marriageable age, irrelevant as to their sexual status, and denotes ‘virgin’ only by implication.

The young 13 years old unmarried Mary, was a ‘Parthenos,’ a young unmarried woman, who told the Messenger of God that she had never had sexual contact with a man, thereby implying that she was still, at that point in time, a virgin, but three months later, after returning from her visit with her pregnant aunty Elizabeth, she too was found to be pregnant.

“The Greek word Parthenos (παρθένος) is ambiguous but the Hebrew term “Almah” [Unmarried Female] is absolute, and is erroneously translated from Isaiah 7: 14, to English in Matthew 1:23; as “virgin,” whereas according to Young’s Analytical Concordance to the Bible, the Hebrew term “almah,” carries the meaning, (Concealment---unmarried female.)”

Isaiah 7: 14; Jewish Translation: “Therefore the Lord, of his own, shall give you a sign; behold the ‘YOUNG WOMAN’ is with child, and she shall bear a son and she shall call his name Immanuel.”

An ‘almah’ can still be a virgin, but there is no way on this god’s earth that a young woman who is ‘WITH CHILD’ can still be a ‘virgin.’ There are of course those who would argue that an unmarried woman could be artificially inseminated without breaking her Hymen, and the male child that formed in her womb could be delivered by Caesarean Section, and the young woman would then remain a ‘virgin,’ but the child would be the biological son of the sperm donor, and not some miraculously born ‘Son of God.’

Isaiah 7: 14; Erroneous KJV Translation; “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: behold the ‘Virgin’ shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Emmanuel.”

In 1973, an ecumenical edition of RSV was approved by both Protestant and Catholic hierarchies, called the common bible. A New English Translation of the Bible, published in 1970 and approved by the council of churches in England, Scotland, Wales, the Irish council of churches, the London Society of Friends, and the Methodist and Presbyterian churches of England, all translate Isaiah 7: 14; “A young Woman is with child, and she will bear a son.”

Also, The Good News Bible, Catholic Study Edition, with imprimatur by Archbishop John Whealon reads, Isaiah 7: 14; “A young woman who is pregnant will have a son, etc.” As these religious bodies all now accept that Isaiah was not referring to a virgin in that famous passage, they must now accept that the authors of the Septuagint and the translators of the Gospel of Matthew from the Hebrew to Greek, who were forced to use the Greek term “Parthenos” in reference to Isaiah’s prophecy, were in no way implying that the pregnant Mary, was still a virgin.

Knowing now that the prophet Isaiah never did say that a virgin would conceive and bear a son, but that an unmarried young woman who is pregnant etc, etc.

Matthew 1: 22-23; should now read; ‘Now all this happened to make come true what the Lord had said through the prophet [Isaiah],’ “An unmarried woman/Almah who is pregnant will bear a son and he will be called immanuel: (“which means God is with us.”)
Why does virtually every single English translation translate that word as "virgin"?
Have a look here: https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Matthew 1:23

Feb 5, 2023
Why does virtually every single English translation translate that word as "virgin"?
Have a look here: https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Matthew 1:23
As is have revealed in the previous post,

An ‘almah’ can still be a virgin, but there is no way on this God’s earth that a young woman who is ‘WITH CHILD’ can still be a ‘virgin.’

The churches were forced to admit that there is no way that the Hebrew term ''almah'' can be translated as 'virgin'.

If the Lord wished to convey the message that a virgin would be pregnant, he would have had his prophet Isiah use the Hebrew word for virgin, which is ''bethulah,'' but he didn't, he had his prophet use the word ''almah'' which, according to Young's Analytic concordance to the Bible, carries the meaning, (Concealment---unmarried female.)”

RSV; Isaiah 7 14; Behold, a young woman shall conceive and bear a son, etc.

Matthew 1: 22-23; should now read; ‘Now all this happened to make come true what the Lord had said through the prophet [Isaiah],’ “An unmarried woman/Almah who is pregnant will bear a son and he will be called Immanuel: (“which means God is with us.”)

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
Thanks for posting about the Passover. It is fun to look at ceremonies from the Bible since they provide illustrations of God's plan, if correctly interpreted, to know what they represent. In Christ, remember, we do not have to do certain ceremonies in order to please God. If we are already in Christ, the things those ceremonies represent are fulfilled in us by God. We don't need to tell someone that they need to go back to the time of Moses and do the ceremonies, or to do the ceremonies today, which are a shadow or a picture describing the reality of being in Christ. Christians KEEP the passover, if they are in Christ, and he has paid for their sins by his own blood. Paul had something to say about those who wanted to remain under the ceremonies of the law: "Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. " (Romans 5:4) "For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love. "(Romans 5:6)

First let me say that God had Peter to clearly warn us about some of Paul’s writing. (2Peter:3:15-16) (v.15) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; (v.16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Now let us take heed to this warning, we can’t ignore all the bible and just concentrate on a hand full of verses out of the writings of Paul. Because some of Paul’s writing is hard to be understood. Paul says in Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. So when you quoted all the places in the Bible that do away with this animal sacrificial law, not understanding that Paul talks about two sets of law. The Royal law (Ten Commandments) and the animal sacrificial law sometimes in the same verse you bring destruction to yourselves. This is something you have to take time and learn.

Jesus told His disciples to eat of the bread, for that represented His body, and He told them to drink of the cup, for that represented His blood. Jesus tells them, His blood is of the new testament, and it is shed for the remission of sins. Jesus is speaking of the fact, that He will be crucified for the sins of man and we know that, it is only through the shedding of Jesus’s blood, that men can receive forgiveness for their sins. Hence Jesus became our sacrificial lamb. You will find in the Gospel of Luke where Jesus told them to partake in this meal in remembrance of Him.

(Luke 22:19) And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
IT IS STILL THE PASSOVER Here we will examine where the different denominations came up with the various titles they use to replace the Lord's Passover.

The Lord's Supper I Corinthians (11:20) When you come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

Paul in the above verse made a reference to the Passover by referring to it as the Lord's supper. If one looks at verse (11:23) they will clearly see that Paul is talking about the Passover. The following verse shows what Paul is talking about when he speaks of not eating the Lord's supper. Exodus (12:11) And thus shall ye eat it; with your lions girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and ye shall eat it in haste: it is the Lord's passover.

What are you eating in the above verse? You are eating the Passover meal. Paul just substituted the word supper in place of passover. This is hardly enough for anyone to do away with God's commandment of observing the Passover and adopting a tradition of observing the Lord's supper. In addition verse (11:20) is the only time a reference is made using the term the Lord's supper in the bible.

Communion Here again we have people taking Paul's writing and coming up with their own doctrine. Some churches refer to the Passover as communion. They get this from the following verse.

I Corinthians (10:16) The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

We see that this verse is talking about the Passover where Christ instructed His disciples to take of the cup and bread. The word communion simply means to share. Paul instead of saying is it not the sharing of the blood of Christ, substituted in the word communion. Communion is used in II Corinthians (6:14) where it states and what communion hath light with darkness? I pointed this out to show that communion and sharing have the same meaning. Again how does one not obey God's commandment concerning the Passover? yet observe the practice of having communion. You can not find in the bible where it says observe the Lord's communion.

The Last Supper The term the Last supper comes from the fact that Jesus stated to His disciples this will be the last time He will eat with them until the kingdom of God comes. But that does not take away from the fact that it was the Passover meal they were observing. Also, Jesus did eat after the passover: Luke 24 41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat? 42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. 43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

Eucharist My only comment on the Eucharist, is that the term itself is not found in the bible. That in itself should convey something to the reader.

The bible was written with specific guidelines and rules for man to follow. Churches have come up with their own doctrine and if one takes the time to research the scriptures, they will find that a lot of the practices that churches have implemented are not supported by the bible. Yet these same institutions will teach, that people do not have to follow the commandments of the bible.

Peace to all who seek the truth in Jesus name.

Feb 5, 2023

this principle

Becomes irrelevant

Pilgrimshope wrote....... God said Jesus would be born of a virgin is the cause and answer God said it and it is so.

Response by Blessedboy...... But we now know that God said through his prophet Isaiah, that an unmarried woman/an 'almah' would be pregnant and bear a son etc,

Men changed God's words and tried to make it seem as though some supposed virgin conceived and bore a son.

let me ask again, why would Matthew who was inspired by the Lord to write his gospel, place Mary the mother of the man Jesus, among women such as Tamar, who played the prostitute and seduced Judah, her father-in law into having sex with her, Rahab the madam of a whore house in Jericho, Ruth, who with sexual cunning deceived Boaz into marrying her, Bathsheba, who committed adultery with King David, who had her husband ‘Uriah’ killed, and she was the mother of Solomon the son of adultery, of whom the Lord said; “He shall be my son and I shall be his Father and it is he who shall build my temple for me.” [See 2nd Samuel 7: 14. and 1st Chronicles 17: 13.] Solomon was then blessed with the rulership of the most glorious period of Israel’s history. And last of all is Mary the unmarried young woman who was pregnant with Jesus.

ALL Righteous women in the eyes of the Lord.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Pilgrimshope wrote....... God said Jesus would be born of a virgin is the cause and answer God said it and it is so.

Response by Blessedboy...... But we now know that God said through his prophet Isaiah, that an unmarried woman/an 'almah' would be pregnant and bear a son etc,

Men changed God's words and tried to make it seem as though some supposed virgin conceived and bore a son.

let me ask again, why would Matthew who was inspired by the Lord to write his gospel, place Mary the mother of the man Jesus, among women such as Tamar, who played the prostitute and seduced Judah, her father-in law into having sex with her, Rahab the madam of a whore house in Jericho, Ruth, who with sexual cunning deceived Boaz into marrying her, Bathsheba, who committed adultery with King David, who had her husband ‘Uriah’ killed, and she was the mother of Solomon the son of adultery, of whom the Lord said; “He shall be my son and I shall be his Father and it is he who shall build my temple for me.” [See 2nd Samuel 7: 14. and 1st Chronicles 17: 13.] Solomon was then blessed with the rulership of the most glorious period of Israel’s history. And last of all is Mary the unmarried young woman who was pregnant with Jesus.

ALL Righteous women in the eyes of the Lord.”””

“””” I’m not really following your thinking when you get to this point you lost me

Men changed God's words and tried to make it seem as though some supposed virgin conceived and bore a son.”

Jesus was born of a virgin named Mary

The gospel requires hearing and believing you have to let your mind agree to what’s already there to understand not try to discount things you don’t agree with

God said this hundreds of years before through his prophet Isaiah

Witness one

Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭7:14‬ ‭KJV

Witness two the gospel according to Luke

“And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, to a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: and he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭1:26-27, 30-35, 38‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Witness three the gospel according to Matthew

“Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, And they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: and knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭1:18, 22-25‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Seems to basic to argue really