The LORD is good!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

tenderhearted

I want to give God the praise today. One of my favorite things to do as a child was ride bikes. The last bike I remember having was an 18 speed mountain bike. Over the years my husband and I talked about getting us bikes, however, some expense always came up or when we had the money we would put it toward something better. Well last night my husband and I were reminiscing about my childhood and that mountain bike I had. My husband said that he wanted to buy me a bike next weekend and teach me how to ride again. You know the saying that if you learn to ride a bike you never forget--Well a few months ago I tested a bike out in the store and I fell over. lol

This morning my 8 year old daughter came running down the stairs screaming I won a bike!!! My husband said that the food market called to let us know that the contest that my daughter entered yesterday caused her to win an adult 21 speed mountain bike. I had no clue I didn't go food shopping with them and my husband didn't think we would win a prize. I had tears of joy because God, my daddy wanted to give me this bike for free. On top of that it was a mountain bike the same type of bike I had as a child. The LORD is our provider and he gives us the desires of our hearts. I feel so loved! Like my daughter said we've never won anything before. :) She's funny she said, "mommy we can get you training wheels for your bike." lol :eek:

V

VioletReigns

WOOHOO!!!! What a beautiful, thrilling testimony!!! \:D/ Thank you so much for sharing your joy with us, Sister Tenderhearted!! How sweet and kind our Father is to us. His love is so amazing!!

That's so adorable that your daughter suggested training wheels for you. LOLOL!!!

Congratulations, Sister!! What an awesome blessing from the Lord. :D

T

tenderhearted

So I rode my bike and I guess the saying is true you really don't forget to ride a bike. I didn't need those training wheels. Ha ha ha

A

atwhatcost

So I rode my bike and I guess the saying is true you really don't forget to ride a bike. I didn't need those training wheels. Ha ha ha
I'd need a cheat sheet to learn how to operate speeds and hand brakes. I suspect I could still ride a bike. It's the stopping part I'm not sure of. lol (I gave up bike riding when they made the sports seats -- tough on my tush -- hand brakes, and 3-speed, but I never learned how to use the speeds so always rode in one gear. lol)

For someone who actually likes mountain bikes, congratulations. I love it when God gives us a gift and it's not even our birthday.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I started riding a bike again in 2005, and just like you, I fell over the first time I went out. I am glad you persisted, and that God gave you the perfect mountain bike.

I have a hybrid bike I ride, and some years I get a lot of kilometers in and some not. But it is a joy, good exercise, and fun. I have play lists on my Ipod of fast Christian music I listen to, which gets me pumping hard. I also use Strava as an app to map my trips and the elevation/speed. There are also segments people make. You should try it, it makes you get out when you don't want to!

Blessings on your bike rides!

T

tenderhearted

I started riding a bike again in 2005, and just like you, I fell over the first time I went out. I am glad you persisted, and that God gave you the perfect mountain bike.

I have a hybrid bike I ride, and some years I get a lot of kilometers in and some not. But it is a joy, good exercise, and fun. I have play lists on my Ipod of fast Christian music I listen to, which gets me pumping hard. I also use Strava as an app to map my trips and the elevation/speed. There are also segments people make. You should try it, it makes you get out when you don't want to!

Blessings on your bike rides!
That's awesome! It is good exercise and it's going to strengthen my legs and help my knee issue.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
That's awesome! It is good exercise and it's going to strengthen my legs and help my knee issue.

I had a bad fall on my bike the second year I was riding. My knees were really wrecked. It took me 8 months to see an orthopedic surgeon. During that time, I kept on riding and the pain got less and less.

The ortho said my knees were badly damaged, with huge amounts of osteophytes from OA damage. I told him my knees didn't hurt anymore, and I was still riding my bike. He said that was the best thing I could have done. He said most people stop doing anything when it hurts. Then the muscles get weaker and don't support the joints, and the pain and damage get worse. He called it the "downward cycle of pain."

So I always have kept riding, except this year, when the RA was so bad, I couldn't get out of bed or walk. My knees have really suffered, and I have lost my bike riding thighs! If the forest fire smoke would clear away, I could get out more, but it bothers my asthma too much. I do have a bike on a trainer in the basement, I guess I have to decide to get on it, when I can't go out.

I also wear a tensor bandage on both knees, and that helps keep them aligned. I will keep doing that till the knees get strong. When they get strong, not if!

Anyway, take it slow, but be consistent! Looking forward to hearing how you are doing with the riding.

T

tenderhearted

I have a stationary bike also and it's helped. Thanks for the tip. You are strong Angela. :)

davidtriune

Jul 8, 2013
I want to give God the praise today. One of my favorite things to do as a child was ride bikes. The last bike I remember having was an 18 speed mountain bike. Over the years my husband and I talked about getting us bikes, however, some expense always came up or when we had the money we would put it toward something better. Well last night my husband and I were reminiscing about my childhood and that mountain bike I had. My husband said that he wanted to buy me a bike next weekend and teach me how to ride again. You know the saying that if you learn to ride a bike you never forget--Well a few months ago I tested a bike out in the store and I fell over. lol

This morning my 8 year old daughter came running down the stairs screaming I won a bike!!! My husband said that the food market called to let us know that the contest that my daughter entered yesterday caused her to win an adult 21 speed mountain bike. I had no clue I didn't go food shopping with them and my husband didn't think we would win a prize. I had tears of joy because God, my daddy wanted to give me this bike for free. On top of that it was a mountain bike the same type of bike I had as a child. The LORD is our provider and he gives us the desires of our hearts. I feel so loved! Like my daughter said we've never won anything before. :) She's funny she said, "mommy we can get you training wheels for your bike." lol :eek:
That's awesome! congrats on getting your prayer answered! :) :)

P

Powemm

Well today... God revealed somega pretty amazing things about free will.... he showed me how simple spiritual warfare really is!

Jesus4ever

May 18, 2015
The Lord is amazing! :) There´s nothing better than Him! Praise Jesus!!!!

S

Starsdance

Dear father, thank you.Praise you, Lord!

D

Damaris

I loved your story!! It's great to hear about all the wonderful things God does for us!!! God is amazing!