The Lord is My Shepherd

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Least

[video=youtube;b0TVhvMMoTA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0TVhvMMoTA[/video]

Jesus is our shepherd, and our walk is very much like sheep following their master. He guards us and keeps us, and He takes care of all our needs. A shepherd not only watches over his flock, he also waters and feeds them. If one sheep is lost the shepherd will go looking for it. And as Jesus said,

Luke 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

When we step outside of His will, we go further and further away from HIM. We see this throughout the word of God. When the people did not hear HIS voice, and when they continued on in their way, rather than HIS way, they drifted further and further away from HIM. And when they saw the state of their lives and when they saw their city overrun with no protection from the good Shepherd, they would either repent and get back in-line with HIM or they would continue on their way until they were ultimately in captivity.

Just like the prodigal son who said:

Luke 15:18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
Luke 15:19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
Luke 15:20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
Luke 15:21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
Luke 15:22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:

What a mighty, wonderful and merciful God we serve!

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Psalm 23 is one of my favorite verses.. :)

Utah

Banned
Dec 1, 2014
I love knowing Jesus is our Shepherd. What love, comfort and grace He provides us! Thank you, Lord!

WebersHome

Dec 9, 2014
-
Not every Christian qualifies as one of Christ's sheep.

According to God's testimony as a credible expert witness in all matters
pertaining to His son; Christians lacking eternal life; also lack His son; viz:
they are quite christless.

†. 1John 5:11-12 . . And this is what God has testified: He has given us
eternal life, and this life is in His son. So whoever has God's son has this life;
and whosoever does not have this life, does not have His son.

Christless Christians are somebody else's sheep.

†. Rom 8:9 . . If anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he doesn't belong
to Christ.

=======================================

Utah

Banned
Dec 1, 2014
IT IS UNLAWFUL TO FEED THE PHARISAIC TROLL ! ! !

Unlawful. Get it? Ha ha! :p

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
He said 'My sheep know my voice and will not follow another'. I believe He is speaking of a remnant here. Many true sheep are following others. Men and their traditions are having a devastating affect on many of His sheep. False shepherds and wolves drawing men to follow them.
Few there be that study as the Bereans ' to see if these things(teachings from the pulpit) be so'. Sorry to throw a wet blanket on this thread.
I encourage everyone to indeed, be the obedient sheep of His fold. We live in the perilous times predicted.

WebersHome

Dec 9, 2014
-
He said 'My sheep know my voice and will not follow another'
Interesting. Jesus Christ testified that his sheep will not follow another;
while you say they will.

"Many true sheep are following others."

=================================

May 15, 2013
[video=youtube_share;e45dVgWgV64]http://youtu.be/e45dVgWgV64[/video]

L

Least

[video=youtube;MFLRMWlCOow]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFLRMWlCOow[/video]

It's not really about debate, just something to think on, and scriptures that speak for themselves. It's about Jesus being the true Shepherd, And He is the way the truth and the life!

It's not about looking at others and saying, "He's not their shepherd."

John 21:21 Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?
John 21:22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come,
what is that to thee? follow thou me.

It's about each of our own personal relationships with HIM. Eyes stayed on JESUS the light who lights the KINGDOM of Heaven, where there is neither sun nor moon. HE is the light thereof.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
-

Interesting. Jesus Christ testified that his sheep will not follow another;
while you say they will.

"Many true sheep are following others."

=================================
Much falsehood would be in play that ' could deceive the very elect if possible'. Paul warned that if anyone came waltzing in with 'another gospel' don't receive it. He even asked 'oh foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you?'
The first century ekklesia had its problems with inroads made by satan. Read your bible. Delusionary doctrines can cut off the hearing ear to that 'still small voice' if left uncorrected.
I could draw up a ton of scripture on this but I'll submit one more thought. Paul warned that after his departure, wolves would rise up in the their midst and draw followings after them. He's talking about believers being defrauded, lied to, and misled, even as today. Do you believe those sheep that are following men's deceptions are hearing the great Shepherd at the same time.
Again, a remnant is hearing Him because they are willing to pay the price of ostracisation, rejection, and being despised because they won't follow the false church leadership. It's a high price few are even able to consider.
So yes indeed, His sheep do hear His voice and refuse to follow another. And they're paying for it to.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
His do! Because His word says so, and that's the truth. :) :p
Amazing video! It really does confirm Scripture!

Thanks for this encouraging post and the videos!

WebersHome

Dec 9, 2014

Read your bible.
I've been reading my Bibles since 1968. How long have you been reading yours?

†. John 10:1-5 . . I tell you the truth: the man who does not enter the sheep
pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber.
The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The
watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls
his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his
own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they
know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run
away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice.

Jesus Christ began his statement with "I tell you the truth". Well; it appaars
to me that some people around these parts would have me believe that Christ
didn't know what he was talking about when he made that statement.

=========================================

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Something I've noticed for some time about that most well known psalm... "Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me." Ever think about what the rod and staff are for? Directing and correcting. How is that a comfort?

Ever seen a child that is never disciplined? One that his parents let him get away with anything? We call them "spoiled rotten" in the area where I live. Children who have no boundaries are miserable. Don't ask me why - it would seem they would be happier than any other, with more freedom to do what they wish. But their actions and the habitual expressions on their faces are of petulance, anger, greed, everything negative, all the emotions that come with inner turmoil.

Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me. And what a comfort it is to know God is keeping me in line. Much better than trusting a person to do the job.

K

kaylagrl

What I great point! Ive never thought of it that way.That would make a really great sermon,Lynx

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
"Sheep spend an awful lot of time grazing don't they?"

"Well if all you ate was salad day after day you'd spend a lot more time eating too."

May 15, 2013
Something I've noticed for some time about that most well known psalm... "Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me." Ever think about what the rod and staff are for? Directing and correcting. How is that a comfort?

Ever seen a child that is never disciplined? One that his parents let him get away with anything? We call them "spoiled rotten" in the area where I live. Children who have no boundaries are miserable. Don't ask me why - it would seem they would be happier than any other, with more freedom to do what they wish. But their actions and the habitual expressions on their faces are of petulance, anger, greed, everything negative, all the emotions that come with inner turmoil.

Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me. And what a comfort it is to know God is keeping me in line. Much better than trusting a person to do the job.
The rod is use for to protect the sheep from unwanted invaders, and the staff is use for to help the sheep in an unpredictable situations like fallen into a pit or off the side of a cliff; but to a sheep, it is comforting to see that their shepherd has come fully prepared for these predicaments.

If you were a sheep and these below are the shepherd; which shepherd that will bring you comfort while traveling through the valley of the shadows of death?

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014

I've been reading my Bibles since 1968. How long have you been reading yours?

†. John 10:1-5 . . I tell you the truth: the man who does not enter the sheep
pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber.
The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The
watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls
his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his
own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they
know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run
away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice.

Jesus Christ began his statement with "I tell you the truth". Well; it appaars
to me that some people around these parts would have me believe that Christ
didn't know what he was talking about when he made that statement.

=========================================
[/QUOTE

Didnt mean to sound rude. Sorry. I'm not willing to say that everyone who sits under false teaching are not true sheep, thats all. My wife and I sat under a lot of foolishness in the church for about 27 years that just about destroyed our family. We knew we were His. I couldn't hear His voice on issues clearly when another voice was so loud from the pulpit. We sensed some things were wrong but didn't question them. So you and I disagree. God bless. Don't want to fight.

K

kaylagrl

The rod is use for to protect the sheep from unwanted invaders, and the staff is use for to help the sheep in an unpredictable situations like fallen into a pit or off the side of a cliff; but to a sheep, it is comforting to see that their shepherd has come fully prepared for these predicaments.

If you were a sheep and these below are the shepherd; which shepherd that will bring you comfort while traveling through the valley of the shadows of death?

Er...neither!