The LORD Our Protection

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Walter

Jul 20, 2022
Washington
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Friday 12-30-22 6th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Tevet 6, 5783 10th. Winter Day

Psalm 91

1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Love, Walter and Debbie

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Love this Psalm -----so Powerful -------

The question is how mush Faith and Trust do we have in God and His Word to manifest the protection He Promises here in our lives ?

and there is a stipulation here as well ------seen in verse 1-----you have to sit in the Shelter of God ----so how many of us actually sit in His Shelter -------that is the question?

Safe in the Lord
91 Those who ·go to God Most High for safety [L dwell/sit in the shelter of God Most High]
will ·be protected by [lodge in the shade/shadow of] the Almighty.

I say ---my view
So this protection is for the believers who sit in the shelter of God ---and not all sit in that shelter -----we need to be grounded and rooted in our Faith in God and resting in God's power ---ability to shelter us ------

Amplified Bible Psalm 91
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High Will remain secure and rest in the shadow of the Almighty [whose power no enemy can withstand].

I say ------Here we see that our Faith and Trust is so grounded and rooted in God that Satan is useless to put doubt and fear in our minds ------

This is commentary from on this
The Treasury of David

"He that dwelleth, in the secret place of the most High." The blessings here promised are not for all believers, but for those who live in close fellowship with God.

Every child of God looks towards the inner sanctuary and the mercy-seat, yet all do not dwell in the most holy place; they run to it at times, and enjoy occasional approaches, but they do not habitually reside in the mysterious presence.

Those who through rich grace obtain unusual and continuous communion with God, so as to abide in Christ and Christ in them, become possessors of rare and special benefits, which are missed by those who follow afar off, and grieve the Holy Spirit of God.

I say ---some would read this and say OH --I'm protected by God because I am His Child ------but it is a little more involved than that ------

Resting in God's shelter means

Rest ---KJV Dictionary
To abide; to remain with.
To be quiet or tranquil, as the mind; not to be agitated by fear, anxiety or other passion.
To be calm or composed in mind; to enjoy peace of conscience.
To be quiet or still; to be undisturbed.