THE LORDS PRAYER

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

J-Kay-2

Matthew 6:

Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
[SUP]10 [/SUP]Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]Give us this day our daily bread.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.[SUP][a][/SUP]

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Matthew 6:

Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
[SUP]10 [/SUP]Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]Give us this day our daily bread.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.[SUP][a][/SUP]

JK2, is'nt it great that we get to recite this prayer?! Only God can deliver us from evil, and not lead us into temptation. Only God can forgive us without exception. Through his grace, we are able to forgive others. It's great to know that his kingdom IS coming very soon, and that we will be a part of it. :) I love the topics you post here. They are ALWAYS so very interesting, thought-provoking and riveting. :) God bless you, sis. :)

J

J-Kay-2

JK2, is'nt it great that we get to recite this prayer?! Only God can deliver us from evil, and not lead us into temptation. Only God can forgive us without exception. Through his grace, we are able to forgive others. It's great to know that his kingdom IS coming very soon, and that we will be a part of it. :) I love the topics you post here. They are ALWAYS so very interesting, thought-provoking and riveting. :) God bless you, sis. :)

I appreciate the way you take it line by line and pull out the meaning. I find it
awesome how many times we can read a scripture over and over and find a
new nugget in it.

Thank you for keeping those nuggets alive.

When I am in hosp. for tests, and you have to lie still, I quote the 23rd Psalm,
quote the Lords Prayer, and if it is super long ... I begin to pray for those I know
who have needs. Same way when I awaken in middle of night and can't sleep.

What would we do without the Lord God. ? Amen .....

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014

I appreciate the way you take it line by line and pull out the meaning. I find it
awesome how many times we can read a scripture over and over and find a
new nugget in it.

Thank you for keeping those nuggets alive.

When I am in hosp. for tests, and you have to lie still, I quote the 23rd Psalm,
quote the Lords Prayer, and if it is super long ... I begin to pray for those I know
who have needs. Same way when I awaken in middle of night and can't sleep.

What would we do without the Lord God. ? Amen .....

JK2, thank you, and you're welcome. :) You are right--no matter how many times we read a verse, something new always pops out at us. Thank you for posting such awesome, inspiring topics on here!! :) The 23rd Psalm is one of my favorites, along with John 3:16. We would be nothing, absolutely nothing, without God.