The man and the Seed.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ramon

There were three boys playing in a field. And along came a man with seed in bags.

He walked up to the little boys and held a seed in his hand and said to the little boys, ''You see this little seed?'' The boys all nodded, and the man pointed to a great big tree they were sitting under and said, ''That great big tree comes from a seed this small.'' The boys looked puzzled at the man.

One boy said, ''Let me see that seed.'' The man gave it to him, and he cracked the seed and saw no tree come out of it, so he waved the man off and laughed at him. ''Nope,'' he said, ''that tree cannot possible come from a seed that small.''

A second boy was curious however and asked the man, ''How do you make the tree come out of the seed?'' The man replied, well, you have to plant the seed, and you have to water the seed, and you have to wait until the tree grows up out of the seed.''

The 2nd boy pondered and said, ''Okay, I will plant the seed and water it.'' So he took a seed and planted it in the ground and put water on it. The boy sat there for a few seconds and said, ''Where is the tree?''

The old man said, ''You have to wait for it to grow into the tree.''

The boy replied, ''How long?''

The man replied, ''until the tree grows out of the seed.''

The man left and came back a week later to see the boys playing in the field again. And the 2nd boy looked at the man and laughed. The old man asked the 2nd boy, ''Where is the seed you planted?'' The boy said, I dug it up and threw it away, because I have been waiting here a week and no tree, so you are just a silly old man.'' And the 2nd boy went away with the first boy.

Then the 3rd boy said to the little man, ''Why did their seeds not turn into trees?'' The old man said, because the first was doubtful, and the 2nd was impatient.

The 3rd boy looked on the man and said, ''I believe you are telling the truth. May I have a seed?'' The man gave him a seed and the boy planted the seed and watered it.

So the man went away again and came after a week, and asked the 3rd boy, ''Where is the seed I gave you to plant?'' The boy said, I planted it, and I water it every day, and I let it get sunlight. I don't see the tree yet, but you said it will grow, and that I have to wait. So I am waiting for it to grow.'' The man smiled and went away. And the man came back after 2 years.

And when he came again the boys were still playing in the field, and he asked the 3rd boy, ''How is the seed?'' And the boy said, I haven't stopped watering it. It is a small plant, but it is growing. Even when it snowed it kept growing and in the summer and in the spring. But I kept watering it and giving it sunlight like you said.''

The man smiled and went away. And he never came again. The 3rd boy continued to water and nurture the seed. And as the man had promised, it did grow into a tree, and all of the kids in the neighborhood came and played around the tree, and it provided shade for them.

May Jesus bless you.

T

Tobby17

Great Story Ramon :)