the mystery of the bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
has anyone noticed there is something mysterious about the bible? the bible is like a puzzle or mining for gold,its the best way to know god and build our faith. however here is a problem many of us have, we read the bible but for many of us we do know understand the meaning and wonder behind its words. i as long as many others do this, which is why we don't like to read it often, we don't enjoy reading it because we don't get it. this is the simple truth, the bible is not a book. its many things- the word of god, a giant love letter, a source of strength many things indeed. so why does it for so many people sit there casually collecting dust? this is what i want my bible to be for me, i want it to be a valuable treasure i cannot do without, i want to enjoy and love every sentence, every paragraph every word spoken from it and understand its valuable meaning and trust it to be true. how many of you hesitate to read it? how many of you love reading it? i was told to read it even if i didnt feel like it, but i dont want to grudgingly read because then i wont be open to its message will i? so i made this thread to issue a challenge, how many of us read yet dont read? here is what i encourage us all to do before you read take an hour to ask god for insight and understanding and just sit there,wait and be still. don't read yet until you know you can understand and believe his word. odds are this will not work the first time it may take days but soon enough as god gives generously he will answer our prayers.

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
Amen, the Word of God (and hearing it) is the one needful thing.

Luk 10:41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
Luk 10:42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

I'll be honest and confess that I only really started understanding the Bible when I was willing and ready to die for the name of Jesus Christ. The priesthood is an important topic to understand when reading The New Testament, along with the commonwealth of Israel.

Luk 14:25 And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them,
Luk 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

K

kenisyes

If you got this during that fast, it was worth every minute of it. Isn't it awesome how some ink on paper when joined with a waiting human heart, can create a channel for the power of God to transform the world?

T

Trax

however here is a problem many of us have, we read the bible but for many of us we do know understand the meaning and wonder behind its words. i as long as many others do this, which is why we don't like to read it often, we don't enjoy reading it because we don't get it.

Milk before meat. God isn't going to feed you meat if you got no teeth the chew. All in good time.
I read and studied Rev for over 20 years before He gave me understanding of it. I have heard people
on the radio whose been in ministry for over 30 years who don't understand it. In fact, i haven't seen
anyone who understands the book of Rev.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
If you got this during that fast, it was worth every minute of it. Isn't it awesome how some ink on paper when joined with a waiting human heart, can create a channel for the power of God to transform the world?
no i didn't get this from the fast, i was searching for something from from god. i didn't know what but it just hit me. however i hope this will be a great experience for all of us

K

kenisyes

no i didn't get this from the fast, i was searching for something from from god. i didn't know what but it just hit me. however i hope this will be a great experience for all of us
Then I will be blessed a second time when what you got from the fast overflows into some thread, as I'm sure it will.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
here is what i encourage us all to do before you read take an hour to ask god for insight and understanding and just sit there,wait and be still.
hi Blain.
i agree. my own version of this has helped tremendously.
approaching the scriptures is approaching the Lord.
how ought we to do it?:)
good post.
love zone.

Nov 22, 2012
It is impossible to usual man to understand any verse of Bible,like it have to be understood,that is a sign of Holy Spirit.How ever,if it will be possible,today we wouldnt have thousands of different denominations which claim that truth is only reveled to them...

“We have heard with our ears, O God, our fathers have told us, what deeds You did in their days, in days of old.” (Ps 44:1)

http://suscopts.org/messages/lectures/holylecture1.pdf

P

psychomom

:)

God made me develop a habit many years ago, which is to pray in thanksgiving,
and to ask Him to open my understanding of what I'm about to read. :)

The Word is living!
And every time I read it, I learn something new, and it makes me think of
my good friend Suze, who will say, "When did God put that in there??" ;)
(very tongue in cheek, of course)

Thanks, Blain. ♥
-ellei

Feb 17, 2010
Blain! This is what I have to say to you.... The reason you LOVE the Bible and reading it, is because GOD LOVED YOU FIRST! And what I am glad to see, is that YOU WANT TO LOVE HIM BACK.

I praise the Lord that ANOTHER SOUL is embarking ON GOD's WAY... Jesus is the WAY! Jesus said to Father... John 17:17... Father, sanctify them through thy Truth: Thy Word is Truth..... The mystery of the Bible, is only a mystery to those that seek not the REVELATION of the mystery. And the REVELATION of the mystery is.... THE WORD COME ALIVE IN US!!!!! The TRUTH Comes alive in us... The LIFE of the Bible comes alive in us.... Jesus said I am the Way the Truth and the Life.... JESUS COMES ALIVE IN US! That is the mystery of the faith.... JESUS ALIVE IN A PERSON! And these persons are made free.... You shall now the Truth and the Truth shall make you free.... If I (the Son of God) make you free you are free indeed. John 8:35, 32.

How many know the Truth? Not many, the World CANNOT revieve the truth... SAD!

Jul 12, 2012
Trax: Milk before meat. God isn't going to feed you meat if you got no teeth the chew.
Tek: somehow this ties up with your Avatar so well(Trax's avatar)
BLAIN! Look at the example above! It is with this kind of observation, wisdom, and intuition, that we should read the bible!

And tek and trax, give glory, if you believe as I, that this revelation came to this thread by way of messengers and a double, even triple witness to Blain.

Last edited: