The New Discrimination

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
"I disapprove of what you say,
But will defend to the death your right to say it."

The above was at one time a popular motto in America, the land of the free;
but somehow, somewhere; print media, broadcast media, social media,
employers, bar associations, business managers, and even educators lost
their way and became intolerant.

Thus far in America, we have managed to obtain laws prohibiting
discrimination based upon gender, age, race, and religion; but none to
regulate political bias. I think it's high time that our legislators begin
addressing this issue.

Cancel Culture
_

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I think it's high time that our legislators begin addressing this issue.
Unfortunately, those feckless legislators had almost twenty years to ensure that there would be no attacks on the First and Second Amendments, and to protect free speech at all costs. Instead they have squandered their time (and the tax-payers' money) in frivolous nonsense, and done absolutely nothing about the censorship of conservative and Christian speech and writings. You can rest assured that nothing will be done after Donald's Trump's right to free speech was viciously attacked in Congress and the Senate recently, and he was banned from Twitter for absolutely no good reason.

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
My primary concern is livelihood. People have been losing their jobs, as well
as threatened to lose their licenses to practice law and real estate etc, and
suffering boycotts and losing distributors for their manufactured goods
simply because of differing political opinions.

Another weapon in the arsenal of the anti free speech movement is a tort
action called a SLAPP suit (Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation)

The end game of a SLAPP suit isn't compensation, no, it's all about
intimidation, i.e. extortion. The suit's purpose is to obtain a non disclosure
agreement wherein the plaintiff will drop its case if the defendant agrees to
stop speaking out against the plaintiff's behavior and/or its products and
services.

In other words; a SLAPP suit's purpose is to shut you up; and if you don't
shut up, they will proceed to hound you in court for however long it takes till
your mounting legal expenses totally ruin you.
_

K

kaylagrl

My primary concern is livelihood. People have been losing their jobs, as well
as threatened to lose their licenses to practice law and real estate etc, and
suffering boycotts and losing distributors for their manufactured goods
simply because of differing political opinions.

Another weapon in the arsenal of the anti free speech movement is a tort
action called a SLAPP suit (Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation)

The end game of a SLAPP suit isn't compensation, no, it's all about
intimidation, i.e. extortion. The suit's purpose is to obtain a non disclosure
agreement wherein the plaintiff will drop its case if the defendant agrees to
stop speaking out against the plaintiff's behavior and/or its products and
services.

In other words; a SLAPP suit's purpose is to shut you up; and if you don't
shut up, they will proceed to hound you in court for however long it takes till
your mounting legal expenses totally ruin you.
_

Kohl's just stopped selling My Pillows because of the owners association with Trump. Told hubby I will no longer buy there. I stopped supporting Girl Scouts years ago when they started allowing gays. Hubby is a fan of their cookies and I told him that he could buy whatever he wanted, but I wasn't going to support them. Out of respect for my choice he doesn't buy them. I realize that I can't boycott every thing that I'm against, but when it's blatant, I will. I stopped supporting Chick Fil A when they said they supported BLM. Do they all have the freedom to have opinions? Yes. Have they the right to say it? Yes. But then don't complain when I use my freedom and stop supporting your store/ product. At this point we're all canceling each other. Use to be I could buy a can of soup and not see a commercial of gay people snuggling up together, or a BLM symbol, or "we're in this together" foolishness. Times we are living in. Dems are in no way for free speech. That party left the building a long, long time ago.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
There's no such thing as canceled culture. The free market decides what is or isn't appropriate

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Also conservatives post more fake news on social media so their stuff gets deleted more

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
There's no such thing as canceled culture. The free market decides what is or isn't appropriate
when you say " free market", what you really mean is liberals and the mainstream media.

like this- being gender fluid is complete science fiction, but that is a approved issue by libs and the media, so no censorship there.

but, mike lindell, the my pillow guy, gets banned on a lot of social media by pointing out some odd things about the election , because questioning the election of biden is a no-no.

i could go on and on....

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
when you say " free market", what you really mean is liberals and the mainstream media.

like this- being gender fluid is complete science fiction, but that is a approved issue by libs and the media, so no censorship there.

but, mike lindell, the my pillow guy, gets banned on a lot of social media by pointing out some odd things about the election , because questioning the election of biden is a no-no.

i could go on and on....
Yeah it turns out social media platforms don't like it when you post fake news

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Yeah it turns out social media platforms don't like it when you post fake news

you mean like when a o c said that ted cruz tried to have her murdered?

was her twitter suspended for making a blatant false accusation??

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
you mean like when a o c said that ted cruz tried to have her murdered?

was her twitter suspended for making a blatant false accusation??
Ted Cruz was complicit with his rhetoric

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Ted Cruz was complicit with his rhetoric

then she is complicit for attacks on I C E centers that happened a couple of years ago for her rhetoric against them.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Also conservatives post more fake news on social media so their stuff gets deleted more
That is total nonsense. The only reason conservative posts get deleted is because they expose the FALSE AND MISLEADING narrative of the Left. This is called suppression of free speech, and violates the Constitution. Had the feckless lawmakers been doing their jobs, the only reason any post would be deleted would be for profanity, vulgarity, and/or blasphemy (which are unacceptable in every civilized society). All other attacks on free speech would be severely penalized (perhaps a fine of $100,000 -$500,000 per violation would ensure compliance).

The Left hates the Constitution, particularly the First and Second Amendments. They wish to establish Leftist and Fascist Totalitarianism, and that is exactly what all the social media have done, since there are no serious penalties for their abuse of power.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
That is total nonsense. The only reason conservative posts get deleted is because they expose the FALSE AND MISLEADING narrative of the Left. This is called suppression of free speech, and violates the Constitution. Had the feckless lawmakers been doing their jobs, the only reason any post would be deleted would be for profanity, vulgarity, and/or blasphemy (which are unacceptable in every civilized society). All other attacks on free speech would be severely penalized (perhaps a fine of $100,000 -$500,000 per violation would ensure compliance).

The Left hates the Constitution, particularly the First and Second Amendments. They wish to establish Leftist and Fascist Totalitarianism, and that is exactly what all the social media have done, since there are no serious penalties for their abuse of power.
Yeah we've been over this. a private owned media service doesn't have to honor your free speech

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Yeah we've been over this. a private owned media service doesn't have to honor your free speech
You forgot they receive federal protections only because they are viewed as a public square where anyone can speak their mind. If they wish to be a strictly liberal group chat then they lose their federal protection. Freedom of speech is a federal law and to gain federal protection they must abide by it.

So under this federal law they are breaking the 1st Amendment.