The New Jerusalem... What is it?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Trax

I tend to know quite a lot concerning end time prophecy in the Bible, but this particular part has always confused me. Simply due to the size and immensity of the city, and to the purpose of God making this...

Why is it so tall?
Wouldn't you once you reach the top of the buildings drift off into space?
Is it just the walls surrounding the city that are that high?
Wouldn't something of that magnitude gain a gravitational force of it's own?
What would that mean in terms of the Earth's rotation around the Sun?
Why even have the Sun if God's gonna be the light?
Are we gonna live on Earth in this city forever? I thought we live in Heaven forever.

I've even heard such theories as it will revolve around the Earth in space like the moon... o_O

In all of Bible prophesy, this is the one thing that just doesn't seem to connect. It appears to stand apart from everything else taught in the Bible. It just makes no sense to me. I'm just looking for any real explanation of this that helps connect the rest of the Bible in a logically coherent order, cause as for me I'm completely at a loss...
Rev 21:18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
Rev 21:21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Can you say "fiber optics?" Its a literal city that will DAZZLE with color and brightness. The foundation of jewels
and the walls and streets will have the "fiber optic" effect of the glory of the Lamb and all on the earth will see it.
It isn't a metephor. This is a city to be seen. Its huge so people all over the world can see the holiness
and magisty of the Lord. It is designed to be lit up by His glory. Why do you think John describes
the walls and streets as "transparent glass?" This is "fiber optic" effect. It will be like a huge
giant neon sign almost. The walls are going to shine. The streets will shine. The foundations will shine
in all the colors of the gems used.

Dec 19, 2009
I tend to know quite a lot concerning end time prophecy in the Bible, but this particular part has always confused me. Simply due to the size and immensity of the city, and to the purpose of God making this...

Why is it so tall?
Are we gonna live on Earth in this city forever? I thought we live in Heaven forever.

I've even heard such theories as it will revolve around the Earth in space like the moon... o_O

In all of Bible prophesy, this is the one thing that just doesn't seem to connect. It appears to stand apart from everything else taught in the Bible. It just makes no sense to me. I'm just looking for any real explanation of this that helps connect the rest of the Bible in a logically coherent order, cause as for me I'm completely at a loss...
I believe New Jerusalem is what our lives turn into when we repent of our sin.

From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matt 4:17 RSV

C

CoooCaw

Lagrangian point - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

during the millennium the New Jerusalem will be in orbit at L5 between the earth and the moon

the city which is nearly as long and wide and tall as the USA will be the main source of light and heat during this time

Why is it so tall?