THE NEW TEMPLE OF JERUSALEM

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 15, 2009
This thread is for those who believe a new temple will be built in Jerusalem before or during the tribulation. I have many questions about it, such as:
  1. What has been prepared so far?
  2. How long would it take to build it?
  3. Is there a red heifer ready for it's dedication?
  4. Any ideas of where the Ark of the Covenant is?

Any questions others would have about it are welcome, so let's get posting!:)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
As far as I recall from the Word, that red heifer was burned whole, and the ashes were used for purification of individuals. Let me know if this is correct, or what else is involved. the Temple itself was dedicated by a lot of animals sacrificed... I lean toward the belief there will be another Temple built in the place of the Dome of the Rock, but if there is not, no problem. I know our Father's will is always being done, and what I know or do not know has no bearing on changing it at all.

john832

May 31, 2013
To lay the groundwork for what I am about to say...

Dan 8:11 Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.
Dan 8:12 And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.
Dan 8:13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?
Dan 8:14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Dan 8:23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.
Dan 8:24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.
Dan 8:25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.
Dan 8:26 And the vision of the evening and the morning which was told is true: wherefore shut thou up the vision; for it shall be for many days.

The type of this was Antiochus IV Epiphanes and the Temple was desolate for 1150 days until Judah the Hammer and his men facilitated the cleansing. We call that Hannukah today. Anyhoo, this was only the type, the anti-type will come at the end of the age. Now, the question I want to pose is, must there be a Temple to begin sacrifices? The story is...

1Ch 21:1 And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.
1Ch 21:2 And David said to Joab and to the rulers of the people, Go, number Israel from Beersheba even to Dan; and bring the number of them to me, that I may know it.

1Ch 21:7 And God was displeased with this thing; therefore he smote Israel.
1Ch 21:8 And David said unto God, I have sinned greatly, because I have done this thing: but now, I beseech thee, do away the iniquity of thy servant; for I have done very foolishly.
1Ch 21:9 And the LORD spake unto Gad, David's seer, saying,
1Ch 21:10 Go and tell David, saying, Thus saith the LORD, I offer thee three things: choose thee one of them, that I may do it unto thee.
1Ch 21:11 So Gad came to David, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Choose thee
1Ch 21:12 Either three years' famine; or three months to be destroyed before thy foes, while that the sword of thine enemies overtaketh thee; or else three days the sword of the LORD, even the pestilence, in the land, and the angel of the LORD destroying throughout all the coasts of Israel. Now therefore advise thyself what word I shall bring again to him that sent me.
1Ch 21:13 And David said unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let me fall now into the hand of the LORD; for very great are his mercies: but let me not fall into the hand of man.
1Ch 21:14 So the LORD sent pestilence upon Israel: and there fell of Israel seventy thousand men.
1Ch 21:15 And God sent an angel unto Jerusalem to destroy it: and as he was destroying, the LORD beheld, and he repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed, It is enough, stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD stood by the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite.

1Ch 21:16 And David lifted up his eyes, and saw the angel of the LORD stand between the earth and the heaven, having a drawn sword in his hand stretched out over Jerusalem. Then David and the elders of Israel, who were clothed in sackcloth, fell upon their faces.
1Ch 21:17 And David said unto God, Is it not I that commanded the people to be numbered? even I it is that have sinned and done evil indeed; but as for these sheep, what have they done? let thine hand, I pray thee, O LORD my God, be on me, and on my father's house; but not on thy people, that they should be plagued.
1Ch 21:18 Then the angel of the LORD commanded Gad to say to David, that David should go up, and set up an altar unto the LORD in the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite.

Notice what God told David to do in verse 18? OK, let's proceed...

1Ch 21:26 And David built there an altar unto the LORD, and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings, and called upon the LORD; and he answered him from heaven by fire upon the altar of burnt offering.
1Ch 21:27 And the LORD commanded the angel; and he put up his sword again into the sheath thereof.
1Ch 21:28 At that time when David saw that the LORD had answered him in the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite, then he sacrificed there.
1Ch 21:29 For the tabernacle of the LORD, which Moses made in the wilderness, and the altar of the burnt offering, were at that season in the high place at Gibeon.
1Ch 21:30 But David could not go before it to enquire of God: for he was afraid because of the sword of the angel of the LORD.

1Ch 22:1 Then David said, This is the house of the LORD God, and this is the altar of the burnt offering for Israel.

There was not temple, no structure nothing except an altar of twelve stones and it was called the House of God and God approved.

So, again, I ask, must there be a Temple built?

E

enoch1nine

If you mean physical things exclusively...

1. What has been prepared so far? - they probably have the plans and the materials ready to go.
  2. How long would it take to build it? - I imagine as fast as humanly possible, a matter of days or weeks.
  3. Is there a red heifer ready for it's dedication? - I'm sure they'll come up with one, I have two in my pasture right now.
  4. Any ideas of where the Ark of the Covenant is? - I'd bet it's under the crucifixion site.

But that is all lust of the flesh.
The body is the temple, the ark of the covenant is the heart, and the red heifer is potentially yourself.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
They have already reconstructed many, if not all, of the objects for the temple services.

They also have at least one special yeshiva where the Kohanim (descendents of Aaron, the priests) are learning and practicing the temple ceremonies, in anticipation of the day a new temple will be built.

All of this information, and much more, is all publicly available.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Rev11:19And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his covenant: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.
Depends on which translation you read

J

jerusalem

1. all of the furnishings, incense, oils dyes, utilitarian objects as well as decorative everything has been prepared except the building itself and covert activities are in progress to undermine the integrity of the dome of the rock structure so that it will collapse 2. large herds of the red heifers have been established in judea and the original ashes have been found 3.with modern technology and resources i can only speculate how long it would take to rebuild the temple 4.the most common belief about the ark of the covenants location is that it has been in the hands of the etiopian jews at a remote location of worship and has been there since around solomon's time i e never really lost. there are so many resources available to research this. take a look around. it is very interesting material

Aug 15, 2009
So, again, I ask, must there be a Temple built?
Uuuummm.........Yes
2 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

R

RachelBibleStudent

personally i don't believe that the bible prophesies the building of a new temple...however...to answer the questions...

there is an organization in israel that has rebuilt many of the items that were used in the old testament temple...i have heard that this isn't considered a mainstream jewish organization in israel though...

i am not an architect so i have no idea how long it would take to build a new temple...

so far they have not been able to successfully breed a flawless red heifer...

i believe the ark of the covenant is gone forever...most likely destroyed by the babylonians...however you don't technically need the ark of the covenant to have a valid temple...after the babylonian captivity the jews rebuilt the temple -without- the ark of the covenant...

G

Grey

Perhaps in a pit of snakes somewhere, or in an unmarked crate in a government warehouse.

Feb 17, 2010
Uuuummm.........Yes
2 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
Seeing that you are an appointed Pastor, why do you not give us a sermon onthis scripture?I bet when God marks your sermon you will fail!

I am not a Pastor, but I understand 100 % what Jesus is saying here. Let me ask you this,... This son of perdition... WHO or what is HE? Come on Stephen we know eachother,,,, now you will see how much sence my doctrine makes and how lost your faith is... You give us a short version of this scripture and I will do the same... Use other scripture to confirm what is said... I want ALL answers in the Bible! I will do the same if you like... But since this is your thread I will let you go first.

Stephen, you will learn something out of this... If you can or will accept it, I have no clue, but I will share what Jesus said here,,,. Good luck, and I hope that I only have to say AMEN on what you say... Maybe God surprizes me with your answer... but I have not much faith in anything but His Word, so good luck friend...

john832

May 31, 2013
Uuuummm.........Yes
Is this the physical Temple, or is this the man of sin sitting in the Temple as in...

1Co 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Remember, this does not occur until...

2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

The above passage indicates there will be letters circulated, words spoken (in person, TV, internet) that are false, by those who falsely represent God's true servants. This will deceive many and cause a falling away from the truth. (you can't fall away from something you never had)

E

enoch1nine

Uuuummm.........Yes
I believe when I transgress, it's the same as taking the reigns and claiming to be God, and so I fall away, and in understanding this, the son of perdition, my disobedient nature, the man of sin, is revealed. It's us.
Nonetheless, I think they'll probably build a temple and accuse some guy other than self as being antichrist.

Feb 16, 2011
I believe there will be a temple of God in Jerusalem. It is obvious from Scripture that God will recognize this temple as His. The man of sin will sit in it. The question is where they will build it. There might be some kind of compromise on the location.