The offence given...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Because of recent events in my life, Ive been looking to Jesus alot for help and streangth to remain strong when sins are being done against one.
The other night, Romans chapter 5 was set before me.
I was reading about sin, when this understanding was given.
I saw that Jesus's sacrifice and victory on the cross was not just for freeing us from condemnation of our own sins, but also all sin commited against us.
Too often we focus only on our own sin, but reading romans ch.5 showed me that Jesus also brought us freedom from the offence of any sin commited against us.
Jesus took the cross for all sin, and yet, never wavered in His love for us, He took every offence given against Him, and remained faithful in His love for us, forgiving all to the end.
Now I always saw that Jesus gave us victory over our own sin, and victory over every tribulation.
But seeing His love for us, even though all sin was upon Him and all offence against Him.
Seeing His love remaining faithful, showed me a greater understanding of the love we are called to in Jesus, and how in Jesus, sin's offence is also removed by His sacrifice.
For I began to see that the offence is also the battle, not letting the sin of man, overcome us, the offence defeat us, causeing more sin and its effects to enter us.
Now Im still looking to Jesus for better understanding on this.
But the great love shown us and for us in Jesus's sacrifice, is more compleat in it's understanding.
And the love that we are called to recieve and live in Jesus, is trully what defeats all sin.
All trully is your glory Lord Jesus, for the glory of God Our Father!!!!!

Please share your thoughts on this, as Im am still learning in Jesus.

Thankyou and God bless
pickles

IDEAtor

Aug 15, 2012
The intrinsic workings of God's care in our lives is so great and complex.
God does not just forgive my sin, but also others' sin, even those sins committed against me.
I cannot limit the atoning blood, nor should I try. Praise God for His perfect-reaching love for all.
May we follow Christ's example of commitment, increasingly. --IDEAtor

notuptome

May 17, 2013
That is what Jesus taught in Luke 11:1-4. Forgiveness for us as we learn to forgive others. Jesus taught us again when He said Father forgive them, they know not what they do.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I take it that this is the focus verse?
Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

If as His enemies He died for us can't we at least forgive those who wrong us?

M

Mooky

Dear Pickles,

I am by no means a theologian, however I believe that the call to live a Christ did includes loving our enemies and doing good to those who spitefully use us and mistreat us (within and without the church).
I am often baffled as to how complex life is and how insidious and subtle or even how blatant and brutal the sins of others can be.
I do not know if it is a fool's hope to believe that the atoning work of the cross extends to those who are not the elect, but in my times of darkness and doubt and disappointment and disgust at human nature I cling to Romans 8:28 which assures us that God works out everything for the good of those who love Him.
This means that God in His Sovereign splendour, majesty and genius is directing all the seeming chaos, and confusion, hurt and brokenness in my life and working it for my temporal and heavenly good.
The book of James tells us to have great joy when we fall into various trials , for it refines our faith which is more value than gold.
I think the key thing to bear in mind is that above all the chaos , pettiness, sinfulness of humanity ans a cosmos at odds with its Maker, is the Eternal and Blessed Creator who reigns on His Throne and whose plans for the good of His children can not be thwarted.So,take heart, be of courage and good cheer - the hairs on your head are numbered and the Saviour has you in His hand.
Xx

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Thankyou all for your wonderful answers.
As forgiveness is trully a gift from Jesus.
And trully, God's understanding is so great, we cannot begin to fathom, for it is so much higher than ours.
I wish I could better speak to this though, for I seeforgivness, but more.
For we know the offence of sin brings tribulation to the world and allows injury to flesh, but Jesus's sacrifice on the cross also gives us victory over the offence of sin.
For by His stripes we are healed, comes to mind.
Im sorry if I am not speaking well to this, its just , Im seeing so much more in the salvation and victory Jesus won for us on the cross, and I fall short in speaking to it.
For Jesus payed the price for every sin, every offence given.
For if sin entered the world though one man, so will the sacrifice of one man pay the price, remove the offence.
I find myself looking back at all the injuries done by sin, and seeing that by forgiving in Jesus's love, and in faith embracing His sacrifice as victory over all sin, offence.
That in the removal of the offence, the injury also is removed, healed.
How great and wonderous a victory was won for us, the price payed, that the offence of all sin is forgiven, removed from us.
Its not that the understanding has not been seen, its just that its infinite love and healing has simply been renewed, or more so, revieled.:)
I just now see in faith, that one is not just healed from the offence of sin, but that one is no longer affected by the offence given, to come, when one trusts all to Jesus. :)
All glory and thanks is yours Lord God, for all is your loving gift given in Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh!

Thankyou guys for your responces. :)
God bless
pickles

A

alehandra

Hai =)
A long journey starts from a small step ahead. A great love starts from small good deeds. I believe when we put in love in everything that we do without any exception, it will have great result in the end. I don’t promise you that you will succeed for sure, but I promise you that you’ll have something great to learn in the end.

Life is like a wheel, sometimes up and sometimes down. Be thankful to God because He created such a balance life. Because if we never fall down, we will be arrogant and underestimate people and if we never succeed, we will find no reason to live for. One thing that I concern and I want to share with you all is this life will never be perfect. So, we should deal and compromise with any mistakes that we made in this life. You can make mistake and realize that the world doesn’t end. The earth is still revolving, the birds are still chirping, and the skies are still blue. I believe that our falling moment is like a turning point in our life that prepares us to gain great success in the end. We’ll never learn if we never fail =) The thing that really matters is not how many times have you failed, but how many times have you stood up after failures. Failure only lasts for a period of time that you can choose how long will it be. But the strength that you have inside, the strong mentality for not giving up after failures is the one that you’ll bring till the end of your life.

So, make peace with yourself! Knowing that it’s the first step where you plant love in your life. Try to forgive every mistake you made and learn from it. Remember.. the most beautiful thing in this world is truly the one that lies in your heart =)

BE BLESSING
-CILLA-