The Older Brother

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

maverich

Jun 27, 2017
The book of Hebrews say that we are to minister to the saints.

The story of the prodigal son takes on a new flavor if you are able to look at the bible as a love story

The younger son asks his father for his inheritance, every time i heard this preached he is portrayed, as sneaking conniving little scamp that is sick and tired of his rich family life Give it to me, oh the lust for things are so great

Lets look at it as a Love story,
the son says father, my older brother is here let me go out into the world, and try my hand at something, could you give me my inheritance, so that i might make my way in the world

his father though saddened, gives him the portion that falls to him
he goes off into the world, to another city. He meets some friends, and ends up losing everything, its bad, but i believe we have all been there.

He is destitute, and takes a job. well below his station, he is hungry. but the guilt and shame for a time, keeps him doing this menial job

then one day he decides he's had enough, i am going home, at least if i work there, i won't be hungry.

He sees his dad from afar off, then he sees his dad running toward him. he meets with his dad and says father, and his dad shushes him. kisses him, orders a servant. get the robe the ring, and the sandals. Pause

the robe of righteousness, the ring of authority, the sandals signifying wealth,
and then daddy throws a party. Kill the fatted calf the son that was lost is alive and is back

they go into the party, but the father looks for the older brother, he finds him outside, looking mean and surly, whats wrong son the father asks.

the son says do you know what he's been doing, he lost everything you gave him, and now your throwing him a party

All these years i've served you, and not once have you ever let me kill a calf and have a party.

son everything i have is yours, you could've thrown a party anytime

this story reflects law and grace, but most importantly you can be in the kingdom of God and still be bitter

Rejoice, with those who rejoice. mourn with those that mourn

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
It is about sinners Repenting and coming back to Heavenly Father.

Enow

Banned
Dec 21, 2012
It is a love story, but of a different application.

if you look at what the father had said to the older brother... all that he has was his... which is significant because it is not the same for the prodigal son, because he lost his first inheritance after giving it up for wild living. The prodigal son can never get that back, but he is still son. So what the father had said to the older brother is not the same for the prodigal son.

There are 2 kinds of inheritance in the kingdom of God: the vessels unto honor which is the first inheritance where they shall be received to the Marriage Supper and be likened to angels that can never die and have a place in the city of God.

The other are the vessels unto dishonor that loses the rewards of crowns and become castaways... left behind to be received later on after the great tribulation. That is how and why those saints are designated as vessels unto dishonor. That is why God is wiping the tears from the eyes of those coming out of the great tribulation because they lost their first inheritance. Once the door to the Marriage Supper is shut at the pre trib rapture event, it can never be had again.

So like Esau, whom had given up his birth right for a meal.. and wept bitterly for it, yet God will not forget His promise to those found in iniquity as left behind for they are the prodigal son.... albeit without their first inheritance, but still having His seal. This is why they are designated as serving the King of kings for the coming generations in the milleniel reign of Christ as spread out all over the world. They do not have a place in the city of God but they will have His seal to represent Him & that city that comes down from Heaven all over the world. The power of the second death will not be over them.. which is significant because it suggests that they can die a physical death which is why Jesus hyped the first inheritance as likened unto angels that can never die. And unlike the first inheritance that never marry, those resurrected out of the great tribulation will be marrying because of the requirement to lead in serving Him as the same as a bishop; if they cannot set the example of managing their own house ( which they will be able to ) they shall lead in the milleniel reign of Christ.

So I can see the ring and the robe and all of that being given to the prodigal son in serving the King of kings all over the world in whatever place they are designated in serving the King of kings over the coming generations in the 1000 year reign.

So... it is a love story of how the grace of God and OSAS because those left behind for living the wild life...so to speak... will be weeping and gnashing their teeth over the loss of their first inheritance like Esau... but God will perform a miracle to help them get past that loss by wiping the tears from their eyes to serve the King of kings as vessels unto dishonor in His House on the earth.

Once the final battle is done and Satan has been cast into the lake of fire along with Death and Hades, then they coming out of the milleniel reign of Christ shall live forever with God, never worry about sin separating us from Him ever again.

Those who wish to avoid being the prodigal son can look to Jesus Christ as their Good Shepherd to help them discern & depart from iniquity so that they may be found abiding in Him & His words as kept in the KJV to be received as vessels unto honor by the Bridegroom at the pre trib rapture event.

Last edited: