The on going war of sin and holiness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Okay so as i am sure many of you know there are many thread where there is a constant debate on sin, being a sinner, being holy and such. I have read in the bible the hearts of man is evil, i have heard the doctrine how because of adam every baby that is born is born under the wrath and judgment of god because of sin. and there are some who claim to be without sin because they refuse to sin. Is this really what being a christian has come down to? It's no wonder people mock us christians and call us hypocrites. first i would like to state that if the hearts of man is truly evil why did god love us and save us? to me I think he sees something deeper, something that not even the devil can look far enough. I think every baby born into this world is in the fathers arms not his wrath and judgment. I mean are you kidding me? does that really sound like the kind and caring father he is? And Is the topic of sin and being holy really so important that we stop seeking god? I think it's a trap made by the devil, i think he has got us so busy debating about sin and stuff we take our focus of God. I understand that correction is neccesary, I understand that i myself have much to learn in the ways of the Lord. but i have seen people who are christians on here say horrible things about each other. things that are certainly not christ like. I have seen scripture twisted and picked apart to fit a certain belief, i have seen people use scripture as a weapon to harm not correct or save. well i am putting my foot down, I will instead seek the lord's heart instead of falling into this trap that sadly many will stay in. I judge no one as it is certainly not my place to judge or condemn anyone, that is for Jesus to do. And if i have said something bad or judgmental to anyone i am sorry

Apr 4, 2013
People mock and call Christians hypocrites because they claim to be separate yet continue to live like the world, fulfilling their own fleshly desires, not because they are separate, refraining sin.

Apr 4, 2013
I reality Christianity is about love. Love God and your neighbor. If someone truly but God first in all things, and loved their neighbors as themselves, there would be no occasion for them to sin as Jesus said in John 14 ''if you love me you would obey me''

Apr 4, 2013
well i am putting my foot down, I will instead seek the lord's heart instead of falling into this trap that sadly many will stay in. I judge no one as it is certainly not my place to judge or condemn anyone, that is for Jesus to do. And if i have said something bad or judgmental to anyone i am sorry
Good for you bro, this is a very good idea

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I reality Christianity is about love. Love God and your neighbor. If someone truly but God first in all things, and loved their neighbors as themselves, there would be no occasion for them to sin as Jesus said in John 14 ''if you love me you would obey me''
Sinless I am not going to get into another debate over never sinning with you. I made this thread to wake people up not start another thread to make war. Christianity is about love yet some of us do not exercise this to others

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Sinless I am not going to get into another debate over never sinning with you. I made this thread to wake people up not start another thread to make war. Christianity is about love yet some of us do not exercise this to others
The sad part is I have done this as well.....

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
[h=3]Matthew 8:5-13[/h]New International Version (NIV)

[h=3]The Faith of the Centurion[/h][SUP]5 [/SUP]When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. [SUP]6 [/SUP]“Lord,” he said, “my servant lies at home paralyzed, suffering terribly.”
[SUP]7 [/SUP]Jesus said to him, “Shall I come and heal him?”
[SUP]8 [/SUP]The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. [SUP]9 [/SUP]For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”

[SUP]10 [/SUP]When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. [SUP]11 [/SUP]I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. [SUP]12 [/SUP]But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
[SUP]13 [/SUP]Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.” And his servant was healed at that moment.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Okay so as i am sure many of you know there are many thread where there is a constant debate on sin, being a sinner, being holy and such. I have read in the bible the hearts of man is evil, i have heard the doctrine how because of adam every baby that is born is born under the wrath and judgment of god because of sin. and there are some who claim to be without sin because they refuse to sin. Is this really what being a christian has come down to? It's no wonder people mock us christians and call us hypocrites. first i would like to state that if the hearts of man is truly evil why did god love us and save us? to me I think he sees something deeper, something that not even the devil can look far enough. I think every baby born into this world is in the fathers arms not his wrath and judgment. I mean are you kidding me? does that really sound like the kind and caring father he is? And Is the topic of sin and being holy really so important that we stop seeking god? I think it's a trap made by the devil, i think he has got us so busy debating about sin and stuff we take our focus of God. I understand that correction is neccesary, I understand that i myself have much to learn in the ways of the Lord. but i have seen people who are christians on here say horrible things about each other. things that are certainly not christ like. I have seen scripture twisted and picked apart to fit a certain belief, i have seen people use scripture as a weapon to harm not correct or save. well i am putting my foot down, I will instead seek the lord's heart instead of falling into this trap that sadly many will stay in. I judge no one as it is certainly not my place to judge or condemn anyone, that is for Jesus to do. And if i have said something bad or judgmental to anyone i am sorry
Yes Blain bottom line, God just loves us all and this is shown by the cross, now many would endure the shame the he endured from the people yelling crucify him. This in itself really says a whole lot about God the Father, but was not seen at the time until the resurrection and he hung out for forty days teaching the disciples why all this had to be in order to free us from stressing out and be made alive in him just like at the resurrection. This is mind boggling being taught all of our lifes to work at it and get others to be pleased at you by what you do, geared towards God when today after the cross it is no waht we do or do not do it is whether we believe or not

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
[h=3]Luke 18:9-14[/h]New International Version (NIV)

[h=3]The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector[/h][SUP]9 [/SUP]To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: [SUP]10 [/SUP]“Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. [SUP]11 [/SUP]The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. [SUP]12 [/SUP]I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’
[SUP]13 [/SUP]“But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

[SUP]14 [/SUP]“I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Greatest and Least in the Kingdom

1At the same time came the disciples to Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? 2And Jesus called a little child to him, and set him in the middle of them, 3And said, Truly I say to you, Except you be converted, and become as little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. 4Whoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5And whoever shall receive one such little child in my name receives me. 6But whoever shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.