the Paul Reveres of our faith: the last hour preachers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Cairparavel

First of all, I mean no disrespect to those who stand on street corners and warn the world that the end is Near. Trust me, i do believe its very near too. I have a new friend that i met in church last spring that does this. He also has a friend who is a very strong influence on him who roped him into to this street preaching lifestyle. His friend goes to gay marches and yells at them and tells them they are going to hell, etc. But my friend was originally a really sweet guy who is trying hard to live a righteous, Godly life. He sends me all these End Times videos about Obama, the pope, and how all this stuff is coming together right now.

I'm glad i have found some friends on this website, but in my everyday life i only have a few friends and most of them live far away and i haven't seen them between 8 and 20 years. So he is my only local friend that i know. Anyway, he recently left the church i am still currently going to and calls it an "apostate church" and evil. This is because this summer they (my church) was doing this really neat series about "heroes of our faith" and talked about different famous Christians we should look up to as role models like Mother Theresa, Deitrich Bonhoffer, Billy Graham, and one of them - you guessed it was the pope. From what i learned about the pope's life is either he really is following what Jesus would want us to do (life a life of charity, humility, and service) or he is the best darn actor (or imposter) i have ever seen in my life! He also shows videos on his FB page on how Billy Graham is also a really bad, evil guy. I saw the video and was not convinced...it seems they took his words out of context.

So the point i'm getting at is, I don't know how to talk to my friend anymore. He only seems to focus on the prophetic parts of the Bible and in his free time reads books like "The Mark" and stuff like that. I feel sad because i feel like i have already lost a friend i just met because he thinks we should all preach to all our friends and family and get the word out ASAP before we are raptured. There is no more time to "live by example" now.....it's too late for that...we are living the the very last hour, last second....so it's turn or burn time baby! That's how he sees it. I want so much for him to grow in his relationship with Jesus and mature in his faith, but it's like talking to a wall. Also any other Bible besides KJV is not truth to him and not trustworthy. He only sees one way, and that's that we need to warn as many people as we can. This is not the approach i was taught in all the churches i've been to...i'm more of a live by example gal myself and seasoning my talk with salt, so to speak. And yes I believe sometimes the Holy Spirit may prompt us to share our faith even more openly than just a seasoning, but I think we need to do it a little more gently, with love and compassion...not bash people over the head with a KJV Bible!! He has already been shunned by some of his own family members because they don't want to hear his End Times message anymore.

Also, I have tried many, many times to get him to join this website and at least check it out (i keep telling him how cool it is) but he just goes "uh huh" and seems completely uninterested. I just don't know how to talk to a wall anymore who seeing things only one way because he claims the Holy Spirit is guiding his life and all these visions and dreams people are having about Obama (son of pardition) are absolutely real 100%. When i mean wall, my Bible verses i might happen to mention, they bounce right off this wall. Maybe because they aren't prophetic in nature and don't talk about Obama.

Phil 4:8 and Micah 6:8. I felt called to share these and was hurt when he didn't even seem to care! To a believer I thought these verses would really mean something. I guess not in this case. Not to the wall, anyhow.

I don't know if any of you have any friends or family like this, but i would love to hear anyone's thoughts or opinions on this matter!

Last edited by a moderator:

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Though probably a christian he sounds as if he is running on a cult mentality, and it is easy to fall into this mindset.
Prayer is the most formidable weapon to open his eyes to the creeping deception.
How old in the Lord is he, as most of this starts as a babe in the Lord.
Any suggestions to him will probably be futile, that is why prayer is the best route.

C

Cairparavel

Though probably a christian he sounds as if he is running on a cult mentality, and it is easy to fall into this mindset.
Prayer is the most formidable weapon to open his eyes to the creeping deception.
How old in the Lord is he, as most of this starts as a babe in the Lord.
Any suggestions to him will probably be futile, that is why prayer is the best route.
He's been saved for a few years..i think he told me since 2006. But recently he's woken out of his "slumber" and the Holy Spirit led him to these end times groups online...he's not the only one. There are plenty of youtube videos to support all this stuff he says and scripture to back it up too. Now that he is 'awake" and not sleeping anymore he feels the need to be really pushy about it. He wants to wake others up. I think he was still new in the faith though..in my Bible study he asked lots and lots of questions. You think he's actually deceived? A lot of the videos i've seen make sense in line with prophecy. The latest of course is about the mass immigration to U.S. posing as ISIS, the super-volcano at Yellowstone about to blow, the imminent ebola outbreak in the U.S., the craters leading to hell that popped up out of nowhere, and of course all the middle east stuff going on. I know the end is really near, but I've been praying that i don't get too obsessed with it myself! Interesting you say he's running on a cult mentality..i didn't see it that way before. At this point prayer is the best I can do for him right now.

Timeline

Mar 20, 2014
Our media likes to broadcast ALL the bad stuff and blows it out of proportion. That being said, there are evil people in the world, with evil new "toys". They are, and have been, playing with mind control, viruses, and other potentially catastrophic weapons. I have heard many people say that Matt 24:21-22 ([SUP]21 [/SUP]For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will. [SUP]22 [/SUP]Unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short.) could not happen before we had nuclear bombs. But the fact is, that this scripture (nor any other scripture in the entire bible) does not limit destruction to man's capability.

We can also note that Jesus said it would happen soon and before that generation (yes, those that he was speaking to) would not pass before ALL these things happen. It is very frustrating that everyone wants proof that those things happened, then. The proof would be: Jesus said it would (IMHO). But I do acknowledge my humanity, by which I am capable of being wrong through missing something, not understanding a Hebrew idiom, jumping to a conclusion that leads me to misunderstand something else, etc.