the power of the cross

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
the power of the cross God forgives you reguardless of the offence he forgives the offender as he forgives the victim for it is written :[h=3]Acts 10:35[/h]King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]35 [/SUP]But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him. that is the power of the cross to those that love him

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
the power of the cross God forgives you reguardless of the offence he forgives the offender as he forgives the victim for it is written :Acts 10:35

[h=3]Acts 10:34-35[/h]King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]34 [/SUP]Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
[SUP]35 [/SUP]But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him. we must therefore deny ourselves and follow our christ in the righteousness of the spirit of God

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Romans 8:2, "Because through Yahshua Messiah, the Law of the Spirit has set me free from the law of sin and death."

Romans 7:12&14, "Therefore the Law is holy, and the commandments are holy, and just, and righteous.For we know that the Law is spiritual; but I was carnal, sold into the power of sin."

Romans 8:13, "For if you live according to the commandments of men, you will die; but if, through the Spirit, you put to
death; put an end to, the evildoing of mankind, you will live."

I can truly say the work Yahshua did by Sacraficing Himself has joined me to Yahweh in a manner nothing else in existance could, and for that I want to say thank you Yahshua and praise be to Father Yahweh!

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
The Law vs. Grace:
Romans6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law,but under grace.

Romans 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by thebody of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raisedfrom the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Romans 10:1-4 Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is, thatthey might be saved. For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, butnot according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, andgoing about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselvesunto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law forrighteousness to everyone that believeth. 9.) That if thou shalt confess withthy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raisedhim from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10.) For with the heart man believethunto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

1st Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perishfoolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19) For it iswritten, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing theunderstanding of the prudent. 22) For the Jews require a sign, and the Greek’sseek after wisdom; 23) But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews astumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness. 24) But unto them which arecalled, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.27) But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise;and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things whichare mighty.

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, butby the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that wemight be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law; forby the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the childrenof Abraham. 10) For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse:for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things whichare written in the book of the law to do them. 11) But that no man is justifiedby the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live byfaith. 12) And the law is not of faith; but, The man that doeth them shall livein them. 13) Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made acurse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:17) And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God inChrist, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul,that it should make the promise of none effect. 18) For if the inheritance beof the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.19) Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions,till the seed shold come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained byangles in the hand of a mediator, ……23) But before faith came, we were keptunder the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. 24)Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we mightbe justified by faith. 25) But after that faith is come, we are no longer undera schoolmaster. 26) For ye are all the children of God by faith in ChristJesus.

Ephesians2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it isthe gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. 15) Having abolishedin his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances;for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace. 16) And that hemight reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmitythereby; …….19) Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, butfellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

Colossians 2: 6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk yein him; 7) Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye havebeen taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8) Beware lest any man spoilyou through philosophy and vain deceit, after the traditions of men, after therudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9) For in him dwelleth all thefullness of the Godhead bodily, 10) And ye are complete in him, which is thehead of all principality and power;
3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond ofperfectness. 15) And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the whichalso ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. 16) Let the word of Christdwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another, inpsalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to theLord.

Timothy 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but forthe lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy andprofane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4) Whowill have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5)For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man ChristJesus;

Titus 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward manappeared, 5) Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according tohis mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the HolyGhost; 6) Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7)That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to thehope of eternal life.

Hebrews 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how muchalso he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon betterpromises. 7) For if the first covenant had been faultless, then should no placehave been sought for the second. 8) For finding fault with them, he saith,Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with thehouse of Israel and with the house of Judah; …………12) For I will be merciful totheir unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember nomore. 13) In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Nowthat which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by meansof death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the firsttestament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternalinheritance. 16) For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be thedeath of the testator…………28) So Christ was once offered to bear the sins ofmany; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time withoutsin unto salvation.

10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very imageof the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by yearcontinually make the comers thereunto perfect. 2) For then would they not haveceased to be offered? Because that the worshippers once purged should have hadno more conscience of sins…… 9) Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, ohGod. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10) By thewhich will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christonce for all.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
If the Cross has Power, does it in and of itself save those who are its objects ?
.........you do understand that when people say the power of the cross, they are not referring to the actual wooden beams yes?.......

1st Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Ephesians2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. 15) Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace. 16) And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby; …….19) Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
Christ’s selflessness is displayed in the cross.
God reconciles man unto Himself through the cross.
Pardon and preservation is found at the cross.
Praise God for the transforming power of the cross. :)

Phil 2:6-8
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Col 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Jan 21, 2013
pr

you do understand that when people say the power of the cross, they are not referring to the actual wooden beams yes?.......
Answer the question to post 6.

Feb 16, 2011
The cross is where they nailed the handwritting of the ordinances against us. Jesus died for every crime we comitted. Salvation comes by excepting that we are purchased by the cross of Christ. Yes the cross has purchasing power. It is God's prepaid card with enough buying power to buy every sinner.

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
He made the atonement that ye may be heirs of an everlasting life promise

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
pr

Answer the question to post 6.
Post #6: If the Cross has Power, does it in and of itself save those who are its objects ?

No.............we are not "objects" of the cross......and, I did answer this in my first comment with Scripture.......

1st Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

We are not now, nor have we ever been "objects." We are the creation of the Great I Am, and when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour, we become children of God by adoption, and heirs to the promise......... The wooden beams, three nails, sign posted atop the beams in and of themselves have no power...........of salvation or anything else.......other than symbolic of Scripture prophesy, and the fulfillment of that prophesy. GOD is the POWER.