The Prayer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 7, 2013
It was early 2002, and I had just suffered a terrible cerebral bleed, an inherited illness that made my doctor tell my family that I was expected to die soon or be what I call brain dead. At first I had no worries, though, and I was not in pain, ignorance is bliss. My very old parents had their pastor over to their house and the pastor asked if anyone would offer a prayer for me. My father spoke up and I am told that he made a beautiful prayer for my healing from the start to the finish.
He was near tears as he continued.
Much later my mother told me about that night and exactly what happened. What was unusual about his prayer? Well, my Mom knew, as I did, that Dad had advanced Alzheimer's disease and he was not able to remember things, and was not able to pray a complicated prayer about anything on earth. Further he was a private person who never made public prayers, even before he got Alzheimers.
But he prayed for me, with only about 8 more months left for him on earth. Mom was amazed, as I was when I heard it. Later I thanked him in person for that prayer and he was out of it, and I am not sure that he really knew who I was. It was OK, he had prayed and so did many others and I got the healing I didn't deserve. Thank you, Jesus for answered prayer.

And when I was back I started to pray for others who were helpless and hopeless, until my own healing was complete
I got many answered prayers for the healing of others. Thank you God!!!