THE PRAYING MAN

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

dearestme

The Bible says that the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. This to me is a key that unlocks solution to many problems. I ask myself each day if we still have men who still have the desire to pray. Those that would rather die than go a day without praying fervently in the Spirit and with understanding to The Most High God.

Prayer changes things so many would agree but unfortunately the same people would rather worry than pray. What does worry change? Only one thing and that's your mood. It would take your mood from good to bad or from bad to worst. Worry makes what seems dim dimmer. It would never change a thing.

Question is, why do believers chose to worry instead of praying fervently? The Bible says, is any afflicted let him pray but people instead of praying would rather see a counsellor. Counselling without fervent prayers only help to prolong an issue or postpone it. It never truly takes it away. The Bible didn't say if any is afflicted he/she should go for counselling but that he/she should pray. It's now a thing of fashion and style to go see a counsellor in our days. A human counsellor that barely operates under the anointing of The Holy Spirit when we have The Holy Spirit Himself as our Almighty Counsellor. Truly we need to ask God for forgiveness for the sin of prayerlessness and unbelieve.

I still believe with due respect (not trying to downplay or insult them) that ministers of God are the ones that truly need repentance first and foremost when it comes to the issue of prayer before we can take it to the congregation. Americans for example would rather trust in their government to help them out of unpleasant situation instead of praying and trusting God. Meanwhile it's so obvious how these leaders are actually anti-Christ with the kind of bills they pass that clearly kick againts the Word of God. I read a story of an American held in Iran and saw how christians were protesting and accusing the government for doing nothing to bring a fellow citizen out of prison. Meanwhile this citizen is more of a citizen of Heaven than he is of America. I know everybody would agree with this but truly if this is true why not trust the Government of Heaven to rescue His own than put our hopes in the America system of government and administration.

This case reminded me of the story of Peter in the Bible and the praying christians who brought him out of prison through fervent ceaseless prayer. When my mind flashed through Peter's story i saw how far we've left trusting and believing God to trusting our government. I didn't hear of a group of believers who came together with the purpose of giving Heaven no rest until they release one of our brother to us. This we know Heaven can do easily but nobody thought of it, even those that did could not voice it out because they were too scared to fail. But all over christian pages and website, we heard protest and out cry to Obama's administration to do something.

This i know though that the Spirit of prayer is contagious. Take a praying man to a valley of dry bones (prayerless Christians) and allow the Holy Spirit to move in their midst with that praying man as their minister. That same praying grace would rob off on all of them. Believers know what is right, is just that nobody has been brave enough to tell them the truth and show them a pattern to follow back to the way it was meant to be.

Most believers become what they see in the Bible while others become what they see in their leaders. 99% of believers in our days fall into the second group. Those who become what they see in their leaders. Reasons for this? Because people go to a particular assembly because they like the Man of God there. It is either they love the way he teaches, prays, sings or preaches. Sometimes they go to an assembly because they believe there is a Spiritual connection between them and the man of God there. That is, they can easily hear God speaks to them through that particular Man of God or that his messages relate to their live's situation.

So when they have a man of God they follow in this manner they unconciously become what that man of God is. Before long they start talking like him, act like him and the mindset of that man of God is planted into them. I love what Paul said to his son Timothy in First Timothy 1. He said, "The unfeigh faith that is in you which was first in your grandmother then your mother and now is in you". With this we see how possible it is for a man of God to transfer him/herself to his/her listener. Therefore show me a group of believers that are dead in their prayer lives and i will show you a man of God that has forsaken his altar of prayers.

Now i did not write this to shame anybody or any people group. This i know that even with our spiritual state we are still the Bride of Christ and He still values us greatly. With that value i see every believer in Christ Jesus regardless of race or nationality. I wrote this as a wake up call to every believer in all the different parts of the world. And the call is, Lets go back to the place of fervent prayer. Time to wake up our prayer lives in a way that it would attract the Holy Spirit to intercede through us. Believe me, i strongly doubt if the Holy Spirit can intercede through a believer whose prayer life is like a withered leaf.

Wonder why conviction is no longer deep in our days. Simple! Prayerlessness. Wonder why our anti-Christ leaders are making head way passing those ungodly bills..Simple also! Prayerlessness. So what are we going to do? fight back? Yes but not physically but through rejuvenated prayer life. That's the way christians fight battles not through rioting or protesting on the internet or senate houses. It is only through fervent prayers not the benedictions but fervent prayers.

We are all guilty of this. So starting from me, am going to go down on my knees after posting this to cry out to the living God to baptise me afresh with that fire of prayer. That fire that keeps a man on his feet for hours fervently crying out to God for a perishing generation. I strongly advice you to do the same. THANK YOU.

J

jkalyna

I AM ENCOURAGED BY THIS THREAD. THANK YOU SO VERY BERRY MUCH OF MINDING WOMEN THAT THERE ARE MEN LIKE THIS THAT ARE FOR REAL EVEN IF THERE IS A FEW. GOD BLESS YOU & THANK YOU.

Attachments

D

dearestme

Thanks to you too

D

dearestme

Had a very hectic day today but still am getting prepared for a quiet time with God and a moment of fervent praying. I have resolved to pray fervently each day. It's time to take back this world from the hands of the devil....I strongly desire the grace that was on Levi to fall upon me. God said of Levi in the book of Malachi that he turned many from sin. That same grace is what i seek and i know i will get it in the place of fervent praying and studying. It's time for righteousness to rule in our world. It's time to make men hate sin and love righteousness.. I still believe it is possible. DO YOU?