The Re of the Holy Spirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

humbleservnt

Just free verse, me pouring out, not trying to state anything theologically. =)

The Re of the Holy Spirit
Where should I flee from you, oh Eternal Being? I have ran from you. I have tried, but you chased me down like a cheetah chasing a gazelle. Not to harm me, but because you love me with a fierce love.

You search all things, and penetrate so deeply. You truly pierce all, flesh, bone, mind and spirit. I can’t be your righteousness. I can’t be your holiness. However, you can be mine. And you are mine.
Be my high. Be my addiction. Be my obsession. Be my drunkenness.
I broke your law, but then there is your work, your sweet conviction. No, it is not shame, it is not guilt, it is the deep knowledge that I was made for something more. I have made alive because you are alive. I am reborn, because you redeemed me. I was resurrected and renewed because you were rejected to death, and returned victoriously to life.
You broke death. You live in me. You live through me. I was resurrected through you. I am realized in you. I was reconciled to you. You are my reality. I revel alone in you. I was a rebel, but now you reign on my throne. I was without revitalizing water, but now you rain a river through my heart. I was reluctant to trust you, but now I would be wrought into pieces without you. I aroused your jealousy, and you were relentless for my soul.
I no longer resist you. I return to you.
Your wrath was broken on the tree.
I have been returned to thee.
I see, I was so blind, but you Jesus Christ I have received.