The Review Thread...for Books!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Tintin

Tintin - Angel Fall sounds interesting. Why not let us know what book you are about to read next so we can discuss it "book club" style afterwards? Or is a book club just a poor excuse for women to sit around and drink wine and escape the kids and other resposibilities under the pretense of discussing a book that no one in the group has actually read the way they do it in Australia? That's the way it works here...
Hi mate, yes it was very interesting. Sure, I'm about to read Frank Peretti's novel Illusion. I'm not sure what book clubs are like here. I've only been a member of one and that was with a couple people from church (we read Narnia, then Lord of the Rings and now we're working (slowly) through Harry Potter. Isn't it interesting how book clubs are considered to be the domain of women? :)

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
we could have "men only" book club...bit the wimmenfolk will chime in anyway - basing this on the "man cave" thread a couple months back and the other recent threads in which we all learned that they don't need to be obedient, as they are not currently wives. -- ladies, and other females, I kid! (cant find smileys on mobile)