The salt that lost his savour

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 7, 2015
Jesus said Matthew 5:13 “Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour,(G3471) wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.”

When the salt loses its savour it becomes foolish. Notice the word usage in the phrase “lose savour” is also shown as “become a fool”, and to “make foolish” (G3471)

The KJV translates Strongs G3471 in the following manner:
lose savour (2x), become a fool (1x), make foolish (1x).

And this is what happens when people listen to “fools” or the “foolish” doctrine of
carnally minded men.

Romans 1:22 “Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,(G3471)

1 Corinthians 1:20 “Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish (G3471) the wisdom of this world?

So now you know the difference between the 5 foolish virgins who had no oil,(Holy Spirit) and the 5 wise virgins who had the anointing oil of the Holy Spirit to lighten their lamps. And we also now know why Jesus said the foolish salt that had lost his savour would be cast out, and trodden under foot of men.

Jeremiah 12:10Many pastors have destroyed my vineyard, they have trodden my portion under foot, they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness.

Sep 4, 2012
One thing that causes my soul shudder is the word used in the parable of the 10 virgins. They cry out that their lamps are going out, but the word used there means quenched. In other words, they wake to find that their spirits, the eternal life that they thought they had, are being quenched, i.e., extinguished.

Jan 7, 2015
One thing that causes my soul shudder is the word used in the parable of the 10 virgins. They cry out that their lamps are going out, but the word used there means quenched. In other words, they wake to find that their spirits, the eternal life that they thought they had, are being quenched, i.e., extinguished.[/QUOTE]

Same word used here..... "Quench [SUP]G4570[/SUP] not the Spirit."

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
Jesus said Matthew 5:13 “Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour,(G3471) wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.”

When the salt loses its savour it becomes foolish. Notice the word usage in the phrase “lose savour” is also shown as “become a fool”, and to “make foolish” (G3471)

The KJV translates Strongs G3471 in the following manner:
lose savour (2x), become a fool (1x), make foolish (1x).

And this is what happens when people listen to “fools” or the “foolish” doctrine of
carnally minded men.

Romans 1:22 “Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,(G3471)

1 Corinthians 1:20 “Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish (G3471) the wisdom of this world?

So now you know the difference between the 5 foolish virgins who had no oil,(Holy Spirit) and the 5 wise virgins who had the anointing oil of the Holy Spirit to lighten their lamps. And we also now know why Jesus said the foolish salt that had lost his savour would be cast out, and trodden under foot of men.

Jeremiah 12:10Many pastors have destroyed my vineyard, they have trodden my portion under foot, they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness.

You know...those virgins that had oil...I believe it's because they knew the value of such oil, and they knew the oil was part of their one and only inheritance...The Holy Spirit of the Right Hand of the Father, Jesus Christ of Nazareth. The other 5 probably didn't even give the situation much thought at all, or they were thinking about something more valuable to them, or they were content to take their chances with simply giving a percentage and holding back a part of the price of the land/earth/the stuff we're made out of according to the flesh. Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. If we have access within the veil to the holiest of all, then we are bought with a price, and we do not even own our own mouth, hands, feet, teeth, mind, etc.

Some times I think we should all simply gather together somewhere (those who are willing), and sit down and eat His flesh and drink His blood. Oh...that is what playing that game encourages and promotes...the one needful thing...sitting at Jesus feet and hearing His word. Jesus made a promise concerning that, and He said that Mary has chosen that good part which will not be taken away from her. Those with direct access to the Holiest of All not needing to go through the high priesthood for such access....those are the high priesthood/Christians united to God in spirit and in the language of the earthen vessel... Those that have not been born again (those that need to go to the High Priesthood for temporary access to the Holiest of All) are the ones with inheritance in the land...they are the ones who give a percentage, and approve of holding back a part (two witnesses). If some held back a percentage but approved of the commonwealth, but how to perform that which is good they found not, and they were taking steps and WORKING as a member of the High Priesthood and not of this world to unite in equality, the commonwealth (including abilities only given to the high priesthood), and having the substance that is God as our inheritance by measure.

[h=1]Acts 4:31-33Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)[/h]31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.
32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. 33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

[h=1]Luke 12:32-34Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)[/h]
32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth. 34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

[h=1]Revelation 3:15-21Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)[/h]15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. 17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: 18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. 20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. 21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Playing that game I've been talking about encourages the buying of gold tried in the fire also. Actually, I have not been able to find anything wrong with that game yet...except that if one started in the U.S.A., and we keep in mind that in less than 40 years or so we begin the evening of the 3rd day since that witness was overcome in Israel, then it's possible that one witness has been lying in the streets for 3 spiritual days, and the U.S.A. example will be overcome and seen lying the streets for 3 days according to the flesh...and also possible that both will rise together after being overcome temporarily. Of course...yes...very possible, but at this point simply something to keep in mind I suppose.

[h=1]Revelation 11:1-12Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)[/h]11 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. 2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months. 3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth. 5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed. 6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will. 7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them. 8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. 9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth. 11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. 12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.