The Security Of The Believer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 1, 2022
Where does scripture say that the sin of rejecting Jesus was not paid for?
Mark 3:28-29
"Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never have forgiveness; they are guilty of an eternal sin."

If you blaspheme Holy Ghost you also blaspheming Jesus because God is inseparably ONE.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Mark 3:28-29
"Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never have forgiveness; they are guilty of an eternal sin."

If you blaspheme Holy Ghost you also blaspheming Jesus because God is inseparably ONE.
Sure, but blasphemy against the Spirit is not the same as unbelief. It is a very specific sin that assigns the actions of Jesus to the devil.

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
None of those verses say unbelief cannot be forgiven. In fact, everyone who ever has been saved has been forgiven of their previous unbelief.
I consider only the present as existing.The past no longer exists, and the future does not yet exist. God is "I AM". He is primarily concerned with our present state of heart and mind. If we are presently loving and trusting Him we are in a healthy relationship with Him and have aeonous life. If we are not trusting and loving Him, we do not have aeonous life.

Hence, the only sin that has present reality is the sin one is doing in the present. So, when God speaks of forgiving sins, He is speaking of forgiving sins that are presently in our consciousness, either as a present memory or a present activity or a present desire. God does not impute to us any sin other than presently not trusting Him. That is the only sin that can separate us from God in the present.

So, God does not withhold forgiveness for past unbelief, since past sins, including past unbelief, no longer exist. Butwe need healing from any present guilt we feel over past unbelief. That guilt affects our relationship with God. That sense of guilt can hold us back from boldly coming to Him and from trusting ad loving Him in our present. The complete thorough-going forgiveness promised us through the cross, allows us to forgive ourselves for past sins, and to live in the present in a healthy loving and trusting relationship with God.

So when I say the only sin that God will not forgive is rejecting Jesus, I mean that the only sin that excludes us from knowing God experientially, that is, from aeonous life (John 17:3), is a present rejection of Jesus Christ as risen Lord and Saviour. I am not saying that our past unbelief will be held against us forever, and has the power to stop us having aeonous life in the present.

One of the effects of our mortality is for us to be distracted from the present, in which God dwells, to imaginations of the past and future which are not real but keep us from living in a trusting relationship the I AM. Aeonous life is me being an "I am" and knowing the "I AM" in the same present moment as the I AM inhabits.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I consider only the present as existing.The past no longer exists, and the future does not yet exist. God is "I AM". He is primarily concerned with our present state of heart and mind. If we are presently loving and trusting Him we are in a healthy relationship with Him and have aeonous life. If we are not trusting and loving Him, we do not have aeonous life.

Hence, the only sin that has present reality is the sin one is doing in the present. So, when God speaks of forgiving sins, He is speaking of forgiving sins that are presently in our consciousness, either as a present memory or a present activity or a present desire. God does not impute to us any sin other than presently not trusting Him. That is the only sin that can separate us from God in the present.

So, God does not withhold forgiveness for past unbelief, since past sins, including past unbelief, no longer exist. Butwe need healing from any present guilt we feel over past unbelief. That guilt affects our relationship with God. That sense of guilt can hold us back from boldly coming to Him and from trusting ad loving Him in our present. The complete thorough-going forgiveness promised us through the cross, allows us to forgive ourselves for past sins, and to live in the present in a healthy loving and trusting relationship with God.

So when I say the only sin that God will not forgive is rejecting Jesus, I mean that the only sin that excludes us from knowing God experientially, that is, from aeonous life (John 17:3), is a present rejection of Jesus Christ as risen Lord and Saviour. I am not saying that our past unbelief will be held against us forever, and has the power to stop us having aeonous life in the present.

One of the effects of our mortality is for us to be distracted from the present, in which God dwells, to imaginations of the past and future which are not real but keep us from living in a trusting relationship the I AM. Aeonous life is me being an "I am" and knowing the "I AM" in the same present moment as the I AM inhabits.
Are you speaking strictly from an experiential perspective? Do you believe positionally we are forgiven?

May 1, 2022
Sure, but blasphemy against the Spirit is not the same as unbelief. It is a very specific sin that assigns the actions of Jesus to the devil.
I agree with that statement here is a little more for clarity.

The act of unbelief or rejecting Jesus' teachings is seen in the Bible as a forgivable sin, given that one repents and comes to faith. However, the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is depicted as a deliberate and knowing rejection of the truth of the Spirit's power and work, attributing it instead to evil.

The distinction you make between blasphemy against the Holy Spirit and unbelief is important. While unbelief involves a lack of faith, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is often understood as a more severe and intentional rejection or opposition to the work of God.

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
Are you speaking strictly from an experiential perspective? Do you believe positionally we are forgiven?
I do not know what you mean by "Do you believe positionally we are forgiven?" What is it to believe positionally?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I do not know what you mean by "Do you believe positionally we are forgiven?" What is it to believe positionally?
Positionally relates to our position...in Christ. Legally we are guiltless before God and the promises of the new covenant have accrued to our account, though some are as yet unrealized.

Mar 4, 2024
There are some topics that take revelation from God. This is one of those. That’s why Paul says “work
out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”