The SEED of God.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 17, 2010
1 John 3:9.... I have to ask all these Christians this.... Can any person who has the SEED of God in him sin? Ok becasue my choice of English words is no to good, I want to ask maybe in this fashion.... Can any person sin when (or while or during the seed is in him) the SEED of God is IN HIM? Oh if only I had better English.... I guess I am askiing, IS IT POSSIBLE FOR A PERSON TO SIN WHILE THE SEED OF GOD IS IN HIM? AH! thank you Lord, that is PERFECT ENGLISH.... Read this verse FIRST.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Now let me put another verse down.. Also from 1 John... 1 John 1:8... If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
Are we having fun yet? So it looks like a person that has the SEED of God in him will NEVER SAY HE HAS NO SIN, YET he will DO NO SIN....Oh what AN AWESOME GOD WE HAVE... WOW!!!! I will also not say I have no sin, but if God will JUST GIVE ME THE BORN OF GOD,,, THE SEED IN ME, I do not HAVE TO SAY ANYTHING, but still live WITHOUT SIN! WOW!

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
Reading 1 John 3:1-10, I take this to mean that we won't continue sinning, as in the fornicator will stop fornicating, not excuse it and continue in it; the liar will stop lying, not continue to protect themself through untruths; the thief will stop stealing; etc. In other words, we will not be perfect on this earth because we still have our flesh and soul, which must be aligned under the spirit, which is where Jesus dwells. Yet, we won't excuse our sins and continue in them, claiming human nature or habit. Rather, we are empowered to overcome and choose not to sin and, in those moments when we choose sin, to repent and choose to turn from the sin by the power of the seed of God within us. Those sinful choices will become less and less and less of the time and the choices to say not to sin will be more and more and more, so that eventually sin will be the exception, rather than the rule, as it is with those that haven't surrendered to Christ.

Does that make sense?

K

Kerry

Your perfectionism deceives you. If it were possible for man not to Sin, then God would not have become a man to save us. What would we need saving from. The OT saints did not have the privilege of the blood of Christ, yet they were saved by their faith in the blood of Christ. We will only be perfect in the kingdom age and that has not come to pass yet. To say you are perfect is a sin and have already sinned. Not one man is good no not one. You are confused that we should be presented as a chaste bride without spot or blemish, this only possible by our faith in the work of the cross and nothing else. To say you are incapable of sin is a sin, because it negates the cross and the Father will accept nothing but the cross. Cobus, I know that you have become angry at times and for no reason, your temper has flailed, you saw that fine woman and for a second had thoughts, and at times greed stepped in.

We are free from the power of sin but the capability of sinning. You miss the whole point. Before Christ we were slaves to sin and had no choice but sin because it dominated us. But, faith in the work of Christ on the cross sets us free from this bondange. The price has been paid but the transaction is not complete until the resurrection. We must have faith, though we detest sin, it is present with us and lean on the cross and nothing else. Not law or ourselves but the blood of Christ.

Feb 17, 2010
You sound like one that also are FED up with the justification of sin... but God says those who are BORN OF GOD CANNOT SIN, and I believe it... Jesus was born of HIM, and Jesus NEVER sinned...

Let me share with you... When god showed me this verse 15 years ago, I thoght the Bible was lying to me, then I started to read the Bible from Genesis, and I got to KNOW GOD... He is truly a God that DEMANDS PERFECTION... The detail of how God had EVERYTHING made. How God even gave HIS SPIRIT to a man to do the gold inlays and the carving for the temple... WOW!

the detail in how God said march SEVEN times around the city... the detail in perfection of the NEW CREATURE God makes. how god is the potter, and I know HE CAN MAKE PERFECT VESSELS... All through the Bible God showed how PERFECT He is and HOW perfect he wants HIS KINGDOM TO BE... Satan just sinned once, and was CAST OUT... Adam just sinned once and was CAST OUT... Ananias just lied once and he died on the spot, and so did his wife.. a few minutes later..

It looks like God KEEPS his kingdom PERFECT! So I guess if all people that are part of His Kingdom here on earth is part of His Kingdom, HE WILL KEEP THEM PERFECT.

No my dear there is a difference between THEY CANNOT SIN, and they cannot CONTINUE TO SIN... Although one indicates that EVENTUALLY they stop sinning, but God says THEY ALREADY DID! FOR THEY SINNETH NOT! Or as He says... DOTH NOT COMMIT SIN.. and did you know 1 John 5:18 also says this...

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

I just think God FINISHED HIS WORK on a person he PLANTS HIS SEED INTO....

Feb 17, 2010
Kerry does God save to perfection or not... When God starts with a sinner HE CALLS HIM! God calls ALL sinners to a HIGHT CALLING IN CHRIST... remember this is a sinner God calls.... He does not call the ritghteous, he CALLS THE SINNERS...

Call them where? He calles them to BE IN HIM and HIM IN THEM.... ONE WITH GOD... But! God has to make a sinner a SAINT first... And God does that by PURIFYING THE SINNER... with the BLOOD OF JESUS! And that BLOOD CLEANSE 100%. not 99%. Not only does the BLOOD cleanse, but the WATER OF CHRIST, KEEPS US CLEAN.... Jesus did not only spill blood, but BLOOD AND WATER... the Blood washes clean the WATER KEEPS CLEAN... and we SHALL NEVER THIRST AGAIN... NOT BLOOD OR WATER... IN fact the HOLINESS of the WATER OF CHRIST, will FLOW FORM US.... WOW!!! RIVERS OF LIVING WATERS...

Now what is INSIDE a man when LIVING WATERS FLOW FROM HIS BOWELS... GOD or the OLD SINNING MAN?

Come on Kerry do not give me credit when it is GOD WHO MAKES HOLY... this PERFECTION DOCTRINE IS NOT MINE, IT IS THE WORK OF GOD WHO SAVES A SINNER!

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
I believe that the finished work is when we are gone from this earth. I can see what you're saying and where you're coming from. :) For me, I know my flesh and the willingness of my mind to wander and go where it shouldn't. It is then up to me, to pull it back and repent and focus on godly things. The same is true of my attitude. I can be doing well and then suddenly I have attitude again! I have to take that moment to focus on Christ and choose to release the attitude and move forward. :)

Every day is better and I most assuredly have grown from where I was last year...even last week! Every day is a new day, a new day to take the steps necessary to serve Christ with all that I am. I know that I am saved and I know that I am flawed and I know that I am loved, and that keeps me coming back to Him, repentant and desiring to be made whole. :)

N

nathan3

What is the seed of God ? Can you post scriptures for where your drawing this from ? I'm really confused by the way your wording your thread here ?
And how does those scriptures have to do with some one claiming they sin or dont sin?

Feb 17, 2010
The SEED of God is HIS LOVE! If God's LOVE is in us WE CANNOT SIN! God's LOVE lives a life of TRUTH!
The one verse that shows how God's LOVE IS, Shows IT IS GOD HIMSELF.

No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

Nathan look at how PERFECTLY ONE God is with HIS PEOPLE, and how they ARE ONE WITH HIM... Does these people still sin? Can a person sin with God in him and HIM IN GOD? I doubt that.

And my friend mystdancer, God will NOT STOP TILL HE IS FINISHED WITH YOU! Praise God he is faithful. If HIS will is done in you, as it is done in heaven... WOW! how is His will done in heaven? WOW!

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
If the Christian cannot sin, then why are we commanded to forgive our brother when when he sins against us?

duewell

Mar 5, 2011
can you read a book about how chocolate tastes and have it be the same thing as when you are actually eating chocolate? i see a lot of people who have only read about eating chocolate argue with others who have also only read about it. whats worse is if someone comes along and says to them i have eaten chocolate, they both turn and say that's impossible. fact is its almost pointless to tell them. until they actually eat some chocolate on their own they just wont understand. get a golden ticket and take the tour of the chocolate factory. experience what others only guess at. become a witness.

confess and ask Jesus for help, follow the Spirit with the faith of a child. put to death the sins of the flesh by making yourself a living sacrifice. Jesus is the son of God.

duewell
mark 4 v 11-13

Feb 17, 2010
Duewell I wonder if you will believe this... but Wether you do or not ONLY GOD KNOWS how true it is, and MAYBE me...
Did Paul know a man that went to third heaven, to paradise? Did he go in spirit or in the body.... BUT!!!! how holy was that spirit, or that body?

Now can GOD do the same for another person today? Have you tasted HOLINESS? So if you did, can you SHARE or at least TRY to share how it TASTES... If you cannot can you at least give SCRIPTURE to encourage the WANT as it was SO GREAT... I think that is what I try to do... to encourage people not to STOP unti GOD HAS GIVEN THEM ALL HE WANTS THEM TO HAVE...

What does God want for them..... MATTHEW 5:48...That is what God wants FOR THEM!

Feb 17, 2010
My friend crossnote.... You ask a good question but the answer is AGAIN in the Bible...
One thing though... Do I HAVE to sin against my brother? And is it the practice of Christians to SIN? Or is it to REPENT...

Sin against a brother.... this SIN GAME can be REALLY dangerous, you might end up KICKED from the BORTHERHOOD... Crossnote the goal is not to get the HOLY PERFECT PEOPLE to call you brother, it is to GET JESUS TO CALL YOU BROTHER AND HE WILL NOT BE ASHAMED TO DO SO....

So here is the DANGER of sin aganst a holy brother that DOES NOT SIN AGAINST YOU...
Matthew 18:15 to 17... Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
Mat 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
Mat 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

How do these people know when to LET A MAN BE AS AN HEATHEN MAN AND A PUBLICAN?.... Oh God will SHOW THEM...They are this HOLY CONGREGATION because they have ONE HOLY SPIRIT IN THEM ALL... and this PERSITANT SINNER HAS NOT! He is LEAVEN and he SHOULD BE REMOVED....

Crossnote I did not write LUKE, GOD DID! And I did not write MAtthew God did....

Look Luke says a BROTHER that sin against you seven times in the day, and says I REPENT, I shall forgive... but what if He says NOTHING? Maybe that is when we go from Luke to Matthew...

And do ALL brothers sin? NOPE... God says if I SEE a brother sin, and it is NOT UNTO death, I can pray for him.... Why if I sinned myself I need ANOTHER brother to pray for me... it just becomes a WHOLE LOT OF SINNERS PRAYING... NO USE!!! But then we might have one.... THE FEVERENT PRAYER OF THE RIGHTEOUS,,,, Righteous is NO SIN... Then we have a chance....

May God still have RIGHTEOUS BROTHERS FOR US... CROSSY you know I love you man.... If i sin against you PLEASE talk to me!

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Cobus,
Because the exhortation to forgive our brother his trespasses is highly emphasized by our Lord it seems highly unlikely that any of us is without sin. Or are there two classes of Christians?

Sep 4, 2012
1 John 3:9.... I have to ask all these Christians this.... Can any person who has the SEED of God in him sin? Ok becasue my choice of English words is no to good, I want to ask maybe in this fashion.... Can any person sin when (or while or during the seed is in him) the SEED of God is IN HIM? Oh if only I had better English.... I guess I am askiing, IS IT POSSIBLE FOR A PERSON TO SIN WHILE THE SEED OF GOD IS IN HIM? AH! thank you Lord, that is PERFECT ENGLISH.... Read this verse FIRST.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Now let me put another verse down.. Also from 1 John... 1 John 1:8... If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
Are we having fun yet? So it looks like a person that has the SEED of God in him will NEVER SAY HE HAS NO SIN, YET he will DO NO SIN....Oh what AN AWESOME GOD WE HAVE... WOW!!!! I will also not say I have no sin, but if God will JUST GIVE ME THE BORN OF GOD,,, THE SEED IN ME, I do not HAVE TO SAY ANYTHING, but still live WITHOUT SIN! WOW!
The person who says he has no sin has simply lowered the threshold of the definition of sin to his level of performance or discernment.

Feb 17, 2010
Herosfrom the dead NO PERSON WILL KNOW NOTHING about ANY sin if there was NO Holy Spirit, so you can fool yourselve that you determine the level of sin... That is part of God's Job not yours... And here is the thing... A PURE CONSCIENCE BEFORE GOD IS PURE AS HE IS PURE... 1 Tim 3 and 1 John 3...

Why can'r sinners no know that there is a GOD that CAN SAVE THEM? Is it Satan that wants you to be NOT perfect, or is it God? Oh wait God saves people from ALL EVIL, includng sin... SATAN HAS NO SAY!

You talk about levels of sin.... Do you know the differance about the sin to death and the sin not to death? Give us a short sermon on it.... If I see you sin a sin not unto death I should pray, but if I see a sin unto death you commit I should not pray... so what is sin unto death and sin not unto death... Please advize...

Feb 17, 2010
Crossnote what is a Christian.... A FOLLOWER OF JESUS....Ok now let us start and see... Let us assume we did the same amount of sin and we are practising the ame amount of sin... Now God steps in and HE CALLS YOU TO THE HIGH CALLING IN CHRIST... it is 2 September 1990... As we do not determine the GROWTH but God does we also assume that we BOTH ARE SCHEDUED FOR 20 YEARS of FOLLOWING JESUS... You started 2 Sept 1990, and I start on 2 Sept 1997... Becasue we BOTH WIL END UP IN CHRIST... although seven years apart, is the one a lessor Christian that the other? NOPE!

But does the one KNOW more TRUTH and are CLOSER to God that the other? Is the one closer to HIS GLORY IN GOD than the other... YES YES YES... the one will be bearing good fruit (NO SIN) seven years before the other. You see the FOLLOWING Jesus is not JESUS IN US.... it is US BEHIND JESUS WALKING TO OUR GLORY IN GOD.... It is us GROWING IN FAITH, AND TRUTH AND RIGHTEOUSNESS... Justification.. Sanctification/Purification .... BUT NOT GLORIFICATION YET...

Then on 2 Sept 2010. Crossy followed JESUS ALL THE WAY... ENDURED TO THE END OF HIS REPENTANCE.... And this happens... The Lord JESUS CHRIST STOPS TO LEAD, FOR THOU HAST ARRIVED FOR THE GLORY OF GOD.... And GOD GLORIFIES YOU WITH THE SAME GLORY JESUS HAS AS THE SON OF MAN!!!! This is the MOMENT of BORN OF GOD, BAPTISM OF HOLY SPIRIT, FILLING OF CHRIST JESUS IN YOU. FATHER AND SON MAKE ABODE WITH YOU, YOU ENTERING INTO GOD'S KINGDOM, INTO HIM. ALL SIN REMOVED FROM YOU, YOU REMOVED FROM ALL SIN.. Oh there are so many explainations of this MOMENT... The MOMENT the SPIRIT OF GOD RESURRECT YOUR FLESH FOR HIS GLORY...

My friend you been lied too so LONG by so MANY,,,, I just hope you SEE what I say... As long as you sin you need to FOLLOW JESUS to let HIM LEAD YOU TO FATHER.... When you are IN FATHER, JESUS will NEVER lead you again... He does not have to. YOU ARRIVED.... No sinner HA EVER been allowed INTO GOD! NOT ONE... that is like GOD ADDS LEAVEN TO HIS LOAF HE WANTS UNLEAVENED.... HE SIMPLY DOES NOT DO SO... Just as HE DOES NOT POUR NEW WINE IN AN OLD SACk...He just DOES NOT!

Crossy I KNOW you start to see the TRUTH! TAKE it my friend and let us BE BRETHREN IN CHRIST, NOT BEHIND Christ! IN HIM. BIG differance to be BEHINF and t BE IN... BIG, HUGE difference,,. And false teachers think it is the same thing... But that makes them FALSE... That is why they have a FORM or APPEARANCE of Godliness but NOT THE POWER THEREOF...

But so is Satan... Also the APPEARANCE of and angel of light, but NOT THE TRUE ANGEL OF LIGHT... Appearances only decieve the NKNOWLEDGABLE... TRUE GOD'S disciples will KNOW THE REAL DEAL.... Another of God's gaurentees to HIS PEOPLE... they CANNOT be deceived becasue they KNOW GOD.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Cobus,
I was hoping you'd answer post #3

Josh321

Sep 3, 2013
Being set free and born again means we don't have to obey sin anymore we become free, free to think and do the will of God but it doesn't mean we are perfect, we still have this flesh which the devil have control over, we will never be perfect until the day we put on the incorruptible body and the end has come, but i believe as we grow more in christ sin won't even come to mind you will just be full in the faith of christ that the devil will recognise you and just leave us alone, i'm striving to be like that one day let the fullness of God shine so bright that everyone can see it, getting there is not going to be easy though because the world is so corrupt in this last generation, with the filthy tv shows movies and everything generation is very perverted, everywhere we look we just see the devil manifesting himself and tempting us even strongly now, specially in these last days devil working overtime, so in conclusion i believe when we have the fullness of God sin won't be an issue.