THE SING ALONG THREAD

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

psychomom

i dare not trust the sweetest frame...

O

oldthennew

PR,

tanks,
you're a great 'teacher'.
:)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
'Tis Grace hath brought me safe this far,
And Grace will lead me home

Feb 7, 2015
Or is it "Through many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come;".......John Newton rendition or another?......:confused:
Newton wrote it right... and these kids shouldn't have messed with it. (Not fer sure, but I think Newton's original was the "Authorized" version that God said is to be on a shelf right beside the KJV.)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
i read the title of this thread really fast, and thought it said the STING along thread..lol. :)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
In Googling this, I have found at least 5 different versions so far...........Amazing! Never knew this song had been changed so many times through the years.........

This is the version I know best:

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.

T'was Grace that taught...
my soul to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear...
the hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares...
we have already come.
T'was Grace that brought us safe thus far...
and Grace will lead us home.

When we've been there ten thousand years...(my church says forever more.....simply because 10,000 is just an eye blink)
bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise...
then when we've first begun.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, (we don't usually repeat this)
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.

Believe you me, had I any idea how controversial this song was (given all the variations) I would not have chosen it to kick off this thread...........Now, knowing all of this............Let's say that we have completed this particular "Sing Along" and move on to a song/hymn not quite so froth with controversy eh? :) :)

Dunno, how about:

JESUS LOVES ME THIS I KNOW............

O

oldthennew

for the
Bible tells me so....
:)

P

psychomom

little ones to Him belong... (yay!)