The storm at sea

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Reading through the many postings here of late.
One sees so much about how we need to do this, or need to do that.
While reading some posts the storm at sea came to mind, where the apostles woke Jesus because they were afraid.
Jesus responded , "why are you so fearful, have you no faith?"
I like the scripture about the storm at sea , also for how it relates to many waters, that God will bring us through many waters. ( many waters being trials, difficulties or confusion, a storm. :)

I wanted to share this simply because, yes we are called to learn from the scriptures, to seek God's will and rightousness, to love God in the greatest commandment.
But we need to keep always in all we do and seek, faith is what we are called to.
That just as Jesus wanted to apostles to know through faith, that they will always be safe, given all needed.
We need to know in faith, that Jesus is with us always, and will not let any harm come to us, Jesus will not let anything take us from His hand.
That faith, hope and love are the three things that last!
God said," by faith you are saved through grace", not by anything you do, lest any man should boast.
Just as we are saved by faith, By faith, God will not fail us either, for He will bring us through every storm, and will not let us fall, nor will He let us out of His sight.
He will keep us always at His right hand.
No storm will take us, nor many waters overcome us!

Oh Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!!!!

God bless
pickles

P

plussizedstickbug

Yes this is so true. I really struggled with seeing my self in my weakness and it overwhelming me discouraging me with my own self.
When we are beginning to learn to walk we need to keep our eyes on Christ Jesus where all good things are and come from.
He will make us anew and give us what we do not have.
It was hard for me and worse for my brother to trust people.
Even though we looked to the Lord we found it hard to look to our fellowman.
My brother was left with out the ability to feel anything like sorrow or grief, love or compassion.
This bothered him and he knew it was gone but could not get it back.
I finally got to see him love and have happiness loving others after he got married and got a child.
He continued in the church and Christ even when he knew and felt the hole and missing of his heart.
I think I got brought to me knees and broken to shivers when right after he bloomed and shined he was killed.
I my self felt the inability to forgive and trust and love others.
I felt like I had lost my half my heart with him.
I loved the Lord but I also had that half for human beings torn off from my heart.
I did not think I would ever get it back and healed completely.
And I knew I was commanded to love my neighbor as myself this was hard for my brother and later for even myself.

But Christ did give me back a heart and rid me of the loss He can give us things like that He can do the impossible.
And He most certainly knows what we go through and need.
He does not condemn us He give us His life instead.

When I see the world today and things like PTSD I know what they feel like. Even in children I feel it as well.
We are not to think we have to have faith in our selves.

We are to have the faith of Christ and that being in Him is our faith we can have assurance in Him the faithful one.
His faith is what Saves us all we have to do is Trust Him not our selves not others but Him.
And He will have us complete in Him.
He will prepare us to stand before Him no matter what we need He will supply that need in us and for us.
Just don't panic or get discouraged wait upon the Lord with patience knowing He will not leave us undone.
He will finish us.

P

psychomom

We are to have the faith of Christ and that being in Him is our faith we can have assurance in Him the faithful one.
His faith is what Saves us all we have to do is Trust Him not our selves not others but Him.
He will prepare us to stand before Him no matter what we need He will supply that need in us and for us.
Just don't panic or get discouraged wait upon the Lord with patience knowing He will not leave us undone.
He will finish us.
When I read what pickles wrote, I cried for joy. :)
Then reading of your sorrows, I wept with you in sorrow. :(

But those words...what you wrote there, that is the truth of walking by faith, not by sight.
He is the faithful One...amen!
-ellie

jb

Feb 27, 2010
There were times that the Lord Jesus found 'great faith', where He could have expected to find none at all! Matt 8v5-13 (esp. v10), 15v21-28 (esp. v28)

And, conversely, at times He found no faith where He expected to find it. Matt 17v14-21 (esp. v20), Mark 6v1-6 (esp. v6).

Yahweh Shalom...

G

GreenNnice

Beautiful, pickled :)

jb

Feb 27, 2010
There were times that the Lord Jesus found 'great faith', where He could have expected to find none at all! Matt 8v5-13 (esp. v10), 15v21-28 (esp. v28)

And, conversely, at times He found no faith where He expected to find it. Matt 17v14-21 (esp. v20), Mark 6v1-6 (esp. v6).

Yahweh Shalom...
The question that now arise is this, why did the Scribes and Pharisees have no faith, the Apostles have 'little faith' and the two Gentiles (the Centurion and the Syro-Phoenician woman) have 'great faith'?

The answer must surely be because the Scribes and Pharisees and the Apostles had their minds filled with unscriptural man-made traditions, whereas, the Centurion and the Syro-Phoenician woman didn't! Matt 16v6,11,2, Mark 7v1-23 (esp. v9), 1Peter 1v18.

The Church (which is the Body of Christ) today is filled with many unscriptural man-made traditions, how we each individually need to check our 'Church' traditions and the things we most surely believe, that they do indeed line up with the Scriptures, so that we may not only live by faith, but grow in faith. Acts 17v10-12, Rom 1v17, 10v17, 2Cor 5v7, 1Thess 5v21, 2Thess 3v6, Heb 12v2.

Yahweh Shalom...

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Yes this is so true. I really struggled with seeing my self in my weakness and it overwhelming me discouraging me with my own self.
When we are beginning to learn to walk we need to keep our eyes on Christ Jesus where all good things are and come from.
He will make us anew and give us what we do not have.
It was hard for me and worse for my brother to trust people.
Even though we looked to the Lord we found it hard to look to our fellowman.
My brother was left with out the ability to feel anything like sorrow or grief, love or compassion.
This bothered him and he knew it was gone but could not get it back.
I finally got to see him love and have happiness loving others after he got married and got a child.
He continued in the church and Christ even when he knew and felt the hole and missing of his heart.
I think I got brought to me knees and broken to shivers when right after he bloomed and shined he was killed.
I my self felt the inability to forgive and trust and love others.
I felt like I had lost my half my heart with him.
I loved the Lord but I also had that half for human beings torn off from my heart.
I did not think I would ever get it back and healed completely.
And I knew I was commanded to love my neighbor as myself this was hard for my brother and later for even myself.

But Christ did give me back a heart and rid me of the loss He can give us things like that He can do the impossible.
And He most certainly knows what we go through and need.
He does not condemn us He give us His life instead.

When I see the world today and things like PTSD I know what they feel like. Even in children I feel it as well.

He will finish us.

Thankyou for sharing this, trully His glory shines brightly in your words. :)

God bless
pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
The question that now arise is this, why did the Scribes and Pharisees have no faith, the Apostles have 'little faith' and the two Gentiles (the Centurion and the Syro-Phoenician woman) have 'great faith'?

The answer must surely be because the Scribes and Pharisees and the Apostles had their minds filled with unscriptural man-made traditions, whereas, the Centurion and the Syro-Phoenician woman didn't! Matt 16v6,11,2, Mark 7v1-23 (esp. v9), 1Peter 1v18.

The Church (which is the Body of Christ) today is filled with many unscriptural man-made traditions, how we each individually need to check our 'Church' traditions and the things we most surely believe, that they do indeed line up with the Scriptures, so that we may not only live by faith, but grow in faith. Acts 17v10-12, Rom 1v17, 10v17, 2Cor 5v7, 1Thess 5v21, 2Thess 3v6, Heb 12v2.

Yahweh Shalom...
I think we all sometimes forget and put our faith in what we gain in knowladge and exspeariance, rather than taking the knowladge and exspeariance to Jesus with faith.
Jesus said, I am the way, the truth and the life, light!
He will not fail us. :)

God bless :)
pickles