The Ten Commandments ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

oldhermit

Jul 28, 2012
Alabama
If one understands the position Jesus holds within the Triadic Unity one begins to see that any time man receives any communication from God, regardless of which covenant is under consideration, it is always Jesus - the Word who functions as the conduit of communication between God and Man.

J

JesusIsAll

If one understands the position Jesus holds within the Triadic Unity one begins to see that any time man receives any communication from God, regardless of which covenant is under consideration, it is always Jesus - the Word who functions as the conduit of communication between God and Man.
Even the Holy Spirit is referred to as the Spirit of Christ in a couple places.

Apr 11, 2015

exactly right imho - Jesus is indeed 'the word of God' - wincam

oldhermit

Jul 28, 2012
Alabama
exactly right imho - Jesus is indeed 'the word of God' - wincam
Have you ever given thought to just how his role within the Triadic Unity is represented in scripture...under both covenants?

K

kennethcadwell

Places where the 10 Commandments are taught or upheld in the New Testament

Old Testament New Testament
--------------- ----------------

First
Commandment
Exodus 20:3;
Deuteronomy 5:7 Matthew 4:10; Luke 4:8; Revelation 14:7

Second
Commandment
Exodus 20:4-6;
Deuteronomy 5:8-10 Acts 15:20; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-20; Ephesians 5:5

Third
Commandment
Exodus 20:7;
Deuteronomy 5:11 Matthew 5:33-37; 1 Timothy 6:1; James 2:7

Fourth
Commandment
Exodus 20:8-11;
Deuteronomy 5:12-15 Luke 4:16; 23:55-56; Acts 17:1-2; 18:4; Hebrews 4:9; 1 John 2:6

Fifth
Commandment
Exodus 20:12;
Deuteronomy 5:16 Matthew 15:4-9; 19:19; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Romans 1:29-30; Ephesians 6:1-3

Sixth
Commandment
Exodus 20:13;
Deuteronomy 5: 17 Matthew 5:21-22; 19:18; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Romans 1:29-30; 13:9

Seventh
Commandment
Exodus 20:14;
Deuteronomy 5:18 Matthew 5:27-28; 19:18; Mark 10:11-12, 19; Luke 16:18; 18:20; Romans 7:2-3; 13:9

Eighth
Commandment
Exodus 20:15;
Deuteronomy 5:19 Matthew 19:18; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Romans 13:9; Ephesians 4:28; 1 Peter 4:15; Revelation 9:21

Ninth
Commandment
Exodus 20:16;
Deuteronomy 5:20 Matthew 19:18; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Acts 5:3-4; Romans 13:9; Ephesians 4:25

10th
Commandment
Exodus 20:17;
Deuteronomy 5:21 Luke 12:15; Romans 1:29; 7:7; 13:9; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-21; Ephesians 5:3, 5

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[h=1]Romans 13:9-11[/h]9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Apr 11, 2015
Have you ever given thought to just how his role within the Triadic Unity is represented in scripture...under both covenants?
always interested to know, so do tell soon or late - wincam

Apr 9, 2015
No, Jesus said to keep His commandments- not Moses's commandments. (Romans 7:1-4, Matthew 28:18). All the word of God comes from God, yes, but it does matter what time frame you live in whether you are under the physical version of God's covenant, or the spiritual version. The physical was in the Old Testament under Moses, the spiritual is in the New Testament under Christ. We are dead to the authority of Moses and are to obey Christ only.
Yep and Paul commanded this too.. so many in dispute about the 'Law' the Ten Commandments.. arguing , debating, Paul warned of getting caught up in debate and strife about that..------> But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and Contentions,and Strivings about the Law; for they are Unprofitableand and Vain. -----> Titus 3

oldhermit

Jul 28, 2012
Alabama
always interested to know, so do tell soon or late - wincam
Let us begin here.

Scripture reveals God in three hypostatic distinctions. These three distinct functions involve intelligent design, active cause, and organization. For now, I will only refer to each of these in terms of his respective position within the triadic structure. As we look at triadic functionality, we should not assign identity to any member of the triadic unity. Scripture will do this as we move along. For now, I will simply refer to each member according to his respective functional position within the triad. I use the idea of position simply to show the functional relationship that each appears to have with the others and to define the role that each has within the triadic structure. The First Position will always appear as the one who represents the idea or the planning. It is also the position of command. The Second Position will always be the avenue of communication between the two worlds as well as the causative agent. He will be the one who gives substance to the idea. He takes what is abstract (the idea) and gives it form and substance. The Third Position will always serve as the linking agent. He is the one who brings order to the work of the Second Position. He organizes the work of the Second Position so that it conforms exactly to the idea of the First Position. He shapes a finished product.

These positional functions of each appear to be exclusive. In all of my studies in scripture, I find it quite interesting that I have been unable to find a single textual example where one member of the Triadic Unity is seen operating in the function of another member. For example, we never seem to find the Third Position functioning as the active cause or the Second Position functioning as the linking agent. Each member of the triadic unity always appears to function within the parameters of his exclusive dynamic. (If anyone can show me an example in scripture to the contrary, then I stand corrected). There are places where some of these may appear to overlap but this does not change the basic parameters of positional function. This simple diagram may help to explain the idea of divine triadic structure as it relates to the function of each member of the Triadic Unity in relationship to creation.

Dec 9, 2011
Jesus said "keep my commandments" - as the word of God did Jesus Christ give Moses the ten commandments - wincam
In the old testament the LORD talked to Moses face to face the way that a man talks to a friend.
IMO that was JESUS.
I found that scripture in Exodus 33:11

D

DesiredHaven

Here it shows that God speaking to Moses about putting His words in Jesus mouth as Jesus speaks of Moses writing of Him and that place is where the apostles confirm it is speaking of Jesus.

Jesus said he did not speak of himself (nor that his doctrine was even his own) but the Fathers

Duet 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

I do not understand how this is Jesus speaking to Moses when God (even the Father of our Lord Jesus) said he would put his words into Jesus mouth and command him concerning what to speak (even as Jesus says he has not spoken of himself)

Even as Jesus said,

John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

Likewise did he say,

John 17:8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me and they have received them and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

God has spoken

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

And hath in these last days spoken by

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Duet 18:18 ...he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

D

DesiredHaven

These scriptures speak in accord with the same

Psalm 40:7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Luke 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

John 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

Duet 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him

Duet 18:19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken , the same shall judge him in the last day.

John 12:50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Acts 17:37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.

Acts 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Too his apostles (he that received you) receiveth me (and he that receiveth me) would be receiving Him who sent me

Who shall speak unto them all that I shall command him (Jesus)

And so Jesus says,

John 17:8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them

Even the words Jesus would speak by commandment were the words God said by Moses would be His (Acts 13:26) even the word of this salvation (unto them) to whom it was sent.

Heb 2:3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

And that in respects to what was "spoken" which speaks to the doctrine (His words)

He that transgresseth and abideth not in the doctrine (or the words) of Christ hath not God

Because it was not Jesus own doctrine

John 7:6 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

Same here

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings:
and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

And again...

Duet 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him

John 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

John 5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Dec 9, 2011
2nd Corinthians 4:6
king James version(kjv)

6.)For GOD, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of GOD in the face of JESUS Christ.

Feb 5, 2015
Jesus said "keep my commandments" - as the word of God did Jesus Christ give Moses the ten commandments - wincam
You who have received the law through angels but have not obeyed it Acts7:53

Feb 5, 2015
He(Moses) was in the assemply in the dessert, with the angel who spoke to him on Mt Sanai Acts7:38

Feb 5, 2015
For if the message spoken by angels was binding and every violation or disobedience received its just punishment.. Heb 2:2

D

DesiredHaven

For if the message spoken by angels was binding and every violation or disobedience received its just punishment.. Heb 2:2
Yeah, and thats in contrast to

Heb 2:3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;