The three baptisms

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 15, 2022
One of my previous threads was to talk about the three appearances of the Lord Jesus Christ which some rejected.

1) The first appearance took place when God became Man and lived among us as a real man that walked among humanity as one of our own human race (He never got rid of His human body). Even today, a Man with a human body rule in heaven as both Lord (Adonay) and Messiah (king of heaven and earth—Eph. 1:20-23).

2) The second appearance took place when He appeared invisibly to destroy an empty temple and judge all those who had clung to the law of Moses while rejecting the Lord as their only savior and Lord. This took place in AD 70.

3) The third and final appearance will take place on the resurrection, and the final judgment of the wicked, including the devil and his minions.

Now, I would like present to you all THE THREE BAPTISMS that we should all receive, but most believers have negated to believe in the one that invites us to have a personal encounter with the Lord, Messiah, Creator, and lover of His creation because HE IS AGAPE-LOVE (1Jn 4:8, 16).

• The first baptism took place when we are baptized into Christ as we confess His name by surrendering to His lordship. Notice that old Israel was baptized into Moses (1Cor. 10:2), but believers are baptized into Christ (Rom. 6:3; Gal. 3:27; 1Cor. 12:13).
    • The second baptism took place when we are baptized in water which is a physical experience that mimics what took place in the spirit. In this baptism, we unite our bodies with the Lord by "mimicking" His death (into the water) and His resurrection from the dead (out of the water). Acts 2:38, 10:47, 16:33; 1Pe. 3:21, etc.
    • The third baptism is the baptism of the Holy Spirit when we have an encounter with the Lord a taste of His sweet love in a way most cannot even begin to imagine (Lk 24:49; Jn 20:22; Acts 2:4, 38, 4:31, 10:44-45, 19:6).
Have you been baptized with the Spirit? This is not theory, you know…

HOLY SPIRIT-A.jpeg

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The third baptism is the baptism of the Holy Spirit when we have an encounter with the Lord a taste of His
sweet love in a way most cannot even begin to imagine (Lk 24:49; Jn 20:22; Acts 2:4, 38, 4:31, 10:44-45, 19:6).
I experienced that many years before my conversion, which was followed by water baptism :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Beautiful! Would you like to share your experience?
My apologies, as I missed this earlier :) I have written about this before, so will copy some of a previous post :)

I experienced God while I was still running from Him in disobedience, rebellion, and defiance. I consider myself to have been lost at that time from my present perspective, but God knew exactly where I was. This was quite a few years ago, in 1988. My marriage had broken down following two first-trimester miscarriages, and a still birth that occurred less than two weeks before the nuptials. I also had a lot of baggage from my past that I had been unable to deal with/put "closure" on. It was around Passover, and a neighborhood evangelical Christian church was showing a movie on the life of Christ based on the Gospel of Luke. I had been brought up in a fairly strict religious environment but did not know Jesus, and was curious, and living in a world of unremitting emotional pain, so I went. As I sat in that church after seeing the first or second part of that movie, I am not sure at what point the following happened: my whole body was filled with the Light of God's unconditional love and forgiveness for me and all I had done, all the ways I had messed up my life, all my failures and mistakes, all of it bathed in the Light of His absolute understanding of how and why I had become the person I was, all of it bathed in the Light of His unconditional love and total forgiveness. I tell you, I wept. I felt so broken and so lost and so irredeemable, but most of all I felt unworthy. And of course I am unworthy.

I did treasure that experience of knowing God loved me, but I did not believe in that God, so off I went in search of something else. Silly me. I began a spiritual seeking phase, and carried on in that for another fifteen years until God clearly called me out of what I was doing. And yes, even after that, even after that clear calling out, my stiff-necked stubbornness was so set against Him it took another year following the calling out for me to surrender my life to Him :)

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Even today, a Man with a human body rule in heaven
That's new.

The second appearance took place when He appeared invisibly to destroy an empty temple and judge all those who had clung to the law of Moses while rejecting the Lord as their only savior and Lord. This took place in AD 70.
That's new also.

Now, I would like present to you all THE THREE BAPTISMS
Ephesians 4:5
“One Lord, one faith, one baptism,”

We receive the Holy Spirit Baptism at the moment we are initially saved and born again. There is no second or third stage to our salvation. Our salvation is complete the moment we come to Jesus and are cleansed by His blood.

Apr 15, 2022
That's new.

That's new also.

Ephesians 4:5
“One Lord, one faith, one baptism,”

We receive the Holy Spirit Baptism at the moment we are initially saved and born again. There is no second or third stage to our salvation. Our salvation is complete the moment we come to Jesus and are cleansed by His blood.

I never said there was three stages to our salvation, did I? I simply stated that there are three baptisms available to us. Being born from above guarantees our entrance into the kingdom or our Lord and Savior. Baptisms “two and three” complement the first one, and although they are very important, only faith in Christ qualifies us to be part of the family of our Father.

Mofastus

May 23, 2019
My apologies, as I missed this earlier :) I have written about this before, so will copy some of a previous post :)

I experienced God while I was still running from Him in disobedience, rebellion, and defiance. I consider myself to have been lost at that time from my present perspective, but God knew exactly where I was. This was quite a few years ago, in 1988. My marriage had broken down following two first-trimester miscarriages, and a still birth that occurred less than two weeks before the nuptials. I also had a lot of baggage from my past that I had been unable to deal with/put "closure" on. It was around Passover, and a neighborhood evangelical Christian church was showing a movie on the life of Christ based on the Gospel of Luke. I had been brought up in a fairly strict religious environment but did not know Jesus, and was curious, and living in a world of unremitting emotional pain, so I went. As I sat in that church after seeing the first or second part of that movie, I am not sure at what point the following happened: my whole body was filled with the Light of God's unconditional love and forgiveness for me and all I had done, all the ways I had messed up my life, all my failures and mistakes, all of it bathed in the Light of His absolute understanding of how and why I had become the person I was, all of it bathed in the Light of His unconditional love and total forgiveness. I tell you, I wept. I felt so broken and so lost and so irredeemable, but most of all I felt unworthy. And of course I am unworthy.

I did treasure that experience of knowing God loved me, but I did not believe in that God, so off I went in search of something else. Silly me. I began a spiritual seeking phase, and carried on in that for another fifteen years until God clearly called me out of what I was doing. And yes, even after that, even after that clear calling out, my stiff-necked stubbornness was so set against Him it took another year following the calling out for me to surrender my life to Him :)
ty for sharing ma'am, ty Jesus \0/

Mofastus

May 23, 2019
I'm a terrible writer, takes me hours to decide on a sentence, so not much into giving examples on text

Mofastus

May 23, 2019
I did give an example today, lol I think it killed the thread:(, but the right question was asked or spoken of... 40 days...

Apr 15, 2022

Beautiful testimony of God's love being poured into your soul. May the Lord continue to reveal Himself to you so that His love in you will serve to minister and heal others from their brokenness. 😇