The Toughest Prayer I Ever Prayed

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

agirlandherguitar

Has anyone ever sat down and asked God to put them out of their comfort zone?

I did, and I was terrified of asking because I knew 100% that God would answer me! It's been about two months and slowly I feel God working in my life, not necessarily with romantic relationships but relationships with friends and family and with jobs (oh boy, with jobs especially!) and personal projects. I feel that He's starting me with small steps so I can work on my anxieties and most of all my fear of people so that I can conquer them. I have to remind myself that having the Lord take me out of my shell and exposing me to things that I normally avoid (like awkward social situations) doesn't mean that I'll succeed every time. Failure is part of growing and learning and God works wonders when we are at our lowest.

I ask you, would you ask and let God take you out of your comfort zone when it comes to dating? With anything you're afraid of doing? I warn you, when you ask God he WILL DO IT!!!! So be prepared for some challenges and possible failures and wonderful experiences along the way. Remember that he is with you all the way and when things get tough you'll know who you'll need to turn do for guidance and relief (and I don't mean on Christianchat.com).

Good luck, and post here if you've ever asked God to challenge you in a similar way ;)

Aug 2, 2009
That's awesome! I'm myself am not that brave though. Not even close.

R

Repentantnut

Ok, ok, well ever said to God you offered yourself to His purpose totaly. Do so and he will sooo use you. Like to offer yourself on the altar. Been there. I must have a witness that last 4 hours to keep it short. psalm 23 and 91. But He got things done and although being put to death 11 years ago, I am still standing and evangilizing and teaching and exhorting. I might have had it fuff but I know God is really my Savior in is Son. I laugh but not long ago I really wasnt. and 11 years of straigth out of confort zone was memorable. And now it is eveen heavier and I smile while encouraging you to pray Give me a heart like David and save me even if it is agaisnt my will. People atchurch call me nuts, but I have assurance I will stand in the last days for my Lord. Had some wisdom by asking and have fun
.. God bless you in is Son Yeshua Messiah...... Jesus Christ.