The Truth about Baptism

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BiblicalTruth

There is just to much controversy over baptism when in my opinion it is one of the most simple things to understand in the new testament...people argue about the mode, the reason, the age, the baptizer,etc....If you have the time watch this video...I think it makes it pretty simple...

[video=youtube;ft-IEtKTdF8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft-IEtKTdF8[/video]

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
55min of indoctrination ...55min I haven't time for. What is the vid's main statement, since it is 'pretty simple'?

Jul 25, 2013
There is just to much controversy over baptism when in my opinion it is one of the most simple things to understand in the new testament...people argue about the mode, the reason, the age, the baptizer,etc....If you have the time watch this video...I think it makes it pretty simple...

[video=youtube;ft-IEtKTdF8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft-IEtKTdF8[/video]

Your video is false doctrine. Was Jesus sin-less? Was Jesus baptized? Babies are to be baptized if at all possible.
Three quarters of the way through your video B. j. Clark says a baby doesn't qualify to be baptized because he has not believed. But that is just the opposite of what Jesus said in Matthew 19:14 ...for of such is the kingdom of God. And what is in the kingdom of God? Believers.

And also another lie they teach: babies never sinned. Oh?Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God ... and Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one ...[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="class: s"]... Therefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and
so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: ... Therefore if a baby dies in the womb or out of it, why did it die? Because ALL HAVE SINNED. If the child had not sin it wouldn't of died. That's what the bible says, it you don't like it, take it up with the Man.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

B

BiblicalTruth

So America has sent 55 millions innocent babies to hell through abortion....where in the Bible were babies baptized? Where in the early church history were babies baptized?

They weren't and you have clearly not studied your Bible...a baby is without knowledge of His creator, his sin, or his purpose in life...your ideas which you promote are not supported by the Bible and their origins came from man. Go study your Bible and open your heart to the truth of God's word that you may reject the lies you have been fed.

Jul 25, 2013
So America has sent 55 millions innocent babies to hell through abortion....where in the Bible were babies baptized? Where in the early church history were babies baptized?

They weren't and you have clearly not studied your Bible...a baby is without knowledge of His creator, his sin, or his purpose in life...your ideas which you promote are not supported by the Bible and their origins came from man. Go study your Bible and open your heart to the truth of God's word that you may reject the lies you have been fed.

Who said they were sent to hell, I didn't, I think you just did. You are putting words in my mouth. Shame shame. Why don't you study your bible. If people like yourself understood the Love and Will of God, you'd step out of the darkness and into the light. The gospels tell us everyone is to be baptized. I used to think like you, but then I asked for wisdom and received.
And the wisdom makes perfect sense. Some day down the straight and narrow you'll remember this conversation when you get the same wisdom... and you will. And you may want aside from this learn a little respect you'll fine that in the bible too.

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
... Babies are to be baptized if at all possible.
Three quarters of the way through your video B. j. Clark says a baby doesn't qualify to be baptized because he has not believed. But that is just the opposite of what Jesus said in Matthew 19:14 ...for of such is the kingdom of God. And what is in the kingdom of God? Believers.
Please provide passages of babies being baptised in the NT.

... Jesus said in Matthew 19:14 ...for of such is the kingdom of God. And what is in the kingdom of God? Believers.
But He didn't say baptism is what qualifies them for God's kingdom.