the truth is ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
The scepter of the kingdom is a symbolic emblem of the stay of the kingdom or the law it upholds : in christ the stay of the kingdom is righteousness (psa 45:6-7) the kings duty is to uphold the law,for the protection of its people and order to be kept .

Aug 5, 2013
faith comes by hearing that is where it starts but by hearing the truth they are motivated something ignites but faith is not given full birth till the person starts acting upon the faith just like abraham thou he was not perfect but became perfect eventually because of his living faith not dead faith . my faith was fueled by hope i was a man far from righteousness some would say past redemption but my experience in God he didnt allow me to perish he showed me heaven sitting he said take your place , that vision stayed with me gave me hope besides receiving his holy baptism of the holy spirit at a young age . but I can say my faith was set on the right God the only God , but till I walked perfect my faith was dead faith because faith without works is dead
Truth is known through a philosophy known as "epistemology", in which philosophers have tried method after method for figuring out what knowledge is, how it can be attained, and how it can be evaluated. Not a single method includes "assuming that what somebody says must be true"... that's known as credulity and is taken advantage of by con men. Consider the religions that you probably find absurd... Scientology, for example. Their belief certainly isn't based on rational methods of gathering and examining knowledge, but rather through acceptance of anything coming from those they believe to be "authorities" on subjects that can't possibly be known or verified. What makes Scientology a "worse" belief than Christianity? Only from an epidemiological viewpoint can one call one religion "more true" or "less false" than the other... from a viewpoint that accepts that one's own holy book must be true, you can only come to view one a superior through an irrational double-standard.

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
Righteousness is the law of the kingdom of heaven , the Law of the spirit : a magnified and better version than the law of moshe with a priesthood in the order of melchizedek a kingdom of righteousness . The law has been magnified and made honourable for an established everlasting eternal existance not to live on earth but to have an existence of a higher plain in God's kingdom an inheritance to God's kingdom and it is important of our actions how we live what we do christ is the atonement to a righteous kingdom in order that we may be comformed to the image of the Father : john 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to you. Holy Father, keep through your own name those whom you have given me, that they may be one, as we are. Now it is up to you to chose life or death for sin is sin and righteousness is righteousness there is no disorder and nothing to be hid from God 7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap.

8 For he that sows to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that sows to the Spirit (o. pneuma) shall of the Spirit (o. pneuma) reap life everlasting. 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that hears my word, (o. logos) and believes on him that sent me, has everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

26 For as the Father has life in himself; so has he given to the Son to have life in himself;

27 And has given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

konroh

Sep 17, 2013
What makes Scientology a "worse" belief than Christianity? Only from an epidemiological viewpoint can one call one religion "more true" or "less false" than the other...
Why only from an epidemiological viewpoint? There is also inherent consistency and comparative truth value claims. Scientology does not claim to be a religion created based on its founder being the Son of God. It does claim truth based on science-fiction fantasy. In this case one should examine the higher truth claim, that of God rather than science fiction. I grant you that there are parts to the Bible which one accepts as true based on its own authority, but only because other parts have been found true pragmatically, historically, and scientifically.

For instance, if I'm to believe in God, then I want to believe in the highest God that makes sense. Even the fact that I don't understand Him would lend creedance to this God because I would believe that He is above me and therefore there may be parts of Him that I can't completely understand. This is why I reject the God Allah, who is capricious with truth and encourages the killing of the infidel, I reject Budda, who never claimed to be God but only presents an enlightened earthly existence. I reject the Mormon God, who was once a man but is progressing and getting better but I could possibly progress beyond Him. These I would reject epidemiologically, as you put it.

Jul 25, 2013
For we know the law came through Moses but grace and truth came through jesus christ . The question is what is his truth define it only scripturally
So you are saying the law isn't truth? The old testament is a lie?

His truth is the whole Word of God.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
I would say the truth is Yahweh's truth PERIOD.

1 Yahchanan 2:3-7, "Now by this we do know that we know Him: If we keep His Laws. He who says: I know Him, but does
not keep His Law, is a liar, and the truth is not in him
. But whoever keeps His Law, in him truly is the love of Yahweh perfected: by this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him, is himself also obligated to walk exactly as He walked. Brothers, I write no new Laws to you, but the old Laws which you had from the beginning: The old Laws are the Law which you had from the beginning."

Psalm 119:142, "Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, because Your Law is the truth!" v160 "Your Law is true from the beginning, and every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever!"

Revelation 22:12-15, "And behold, I come quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give every man according as his work will be. I am the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. Blessed are those who keep His Laws, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For outside are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and worshipers of gods and everyone who professes to love, yet practices falsehood."

practicing falsehood is the oppisite of practicing truth...

1 Yahchanan 3:7, "Little children, let no man deceive you; he who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous."

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
Truth is known through a philosophy known as "epistemology", in which philosophers have tried method after method for figuring out what knowledge is, how it can be attained, and how it can be evaluated. Not a single method includes "assuming that what somebody says must be true"... that's known as credulity and is taken advantage of by con men. Consider the religions that you probably find absurd... Scientology, for example. Their belief certainly isn't based on rational methods of gathering and examining knowledge, but rather through acceptance of anything coming from those they believe to be "authorities" on subjects that can't possibly be known or verified. What makes Scientology a "worse" belief than Christianity? Only from an epidemiological viewpoint can one call one religion "more true" or "less false" than the other... from a viewpoint that accepts that one's own holy book must be true, you can only come to view one a superior through an irrational double-standard.
[h=1]1 Corinthians 1:18-31 (King James Version)[/h]
Page Options
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email

Show resources

Add parallel[h=3]1 Corinthians 1:18-31[/h]King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]18 [/SUP]For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
[SUP]19 [/SUP]For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
[SUP]20 [/SUP]Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
[SUP]21 [/SUP]For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
[SUP]22 [/SUP]For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
[SUP]23 [/SUP]But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
[SUP]24 [/SUP]But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
[SUP]25 [/SUP]Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
[SUP]26 [/SUP]For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
[SUP]27 [/SUP]But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
[SUP]28 [/SUP]And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
[SUP]29 [/SUP]That no flesh should glory in his presence.
[SUP]30 [/SUP]But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
[SUP]31 [/SUP]That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
1 Corinthians 1:18-31 (King James Version)

Page Options
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email

Show resources

Add parallel1 Corinthians 1:18-31

King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]18 [/SUP]For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
[SUP]19 [/SUP]For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
[SUP]20 [/SUP]Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
[SUP]21 [/SUP]For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
[SUP]22 [/SUP]For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
[SUP]23 [/SUP]But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
[SUP]24 [/SUP]But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
[SUP]25 [/SUP]Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
[SUP]26 [/SUP]For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
[SUP]27 [/SUP]But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
[SUP]28 [/SUP]And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
[SUP]29 [/SUP]That no flesh should glory in his presence.
[SUP]30 [/SUP]But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
[SUP]31 [/SUP]That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
now when we try to dispute the word it confounds you for when doing so with pure intelect according to logic it is confounded unless that person is spiritually discerned it is written , for they cannot receive the things of the spirit for they are spiritually discerned , therefor set your minds on things above that you may be inheritors of a greater promise

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Jesus said to him, I am the way, the TRUTH, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

John 14 is such a beautiful chapter starting out with - Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.

Also, the Bible says Thy word is truth. John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. So Jesus is TRUTH.

C

CRC

The Hebrew term ’emeth′, often rendered “truth,” may designate that which is firm, trustworthy, stable, faithful, true, or established as fact. (Ex 18:21; 34:6; De 13:14; 17:4; 22:20; Jos 2:12; 2Ch 18:15; 31:20; Ne 7:2; 9:33; Es 9:30; Ps 15:2; Ec 12:10; Jer 9:5) The Greek word a·le′thei·a stands in contrast with falsehood or unrighteousness and denotes that which conforms to fact or to what is right and proper. (Mr 5:33; 12:32; Lu 4:25; Joh 3:21; Ro 2:8; 1Co 13:6; Php 1:18; 2Th 2:10, 12; 1Jo 1:6, 8; 2:4, 21) A number of other original-language expressions can, depending upon the context, also be translated “truth.”

L

Laodicea

[h=3]Psalm 119:142[/h]King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]142 [/SUP]Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.